Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Matte Black on Gloss

22K views 33 replies 16 participants last post by  Fisch 
#1 ·
Here is a pic of the first major change I am making to my 2012 300s. I am having the hood, grill, roof, trunk, window spoiler and trunk spoiler wrapped in matte black vinyl. The actual grill and rear trunk wink emblem will be sprayed matte black. So far so good.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
All finished with the wrap all that's left is the grill

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

Attachments

#21 ·
That looks tight as hell!!!! Nice job!!!
I don't know crap about this wrap. Is it a permanent thing or can you take it off if you decide to sell?
I must live in a freakin cave because this $hit is new to me, but I like it!!!

#22 ·
I had a promotional van that I had wrapped several times and both times I removed it by hand. It was wrapped several years and didn't damage paint when removed just a pain to get off....I chose the wrap just in case I decide to trade it in. I figured if the vans paint wasn't damaged and it was mostly kept outside, then I should be able to remove from car with no problem being that it is garage kept at home and work.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

#27 · (Edited)
Deville44 Looks sweet bro!

I was thinking about a two tone custom look with the wrap. It looks easy enough to apply with another person. Black on top with silver on bottom and maybe black rims or even silver chally rims. Have to see how it comes out but If I did get the wrap how much do you think is needed to wrap the top of the 300? Also what makes it such a pain to remove? How easy is it to cut?

#29 ·
I just plasti dipped my roof this weekend!! came out pretty good, Thinking about doing the hood and trunk just like you but the trunk just the top and the spoiler

#34 ·
Yeah, thanks for bumping it. Year old thread and I never saw it previously. I've always wanted to do this ever since I saw a black Charger that had matte black down the middle. I've only been able to dream it in my mind. But seeing it makes me want to give it a shot.

Very nice :fing02:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.