Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

What's your best 0 - 60 time.?

25K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  MADDOG 
#1 · (Edited)
I've had my 2008 300C SRT Touring with Procharger PSC-1 Supercharger (plus lots of other bits) for a couple of months now. During that time I have only hammered it really hard a couple of times, mostly high speed runs just to see how fast it will go - still not sure on that one yet, as the car keeps going and going and have not found a road long enough yet to reveal its top speed!.

That said, I have read with interest the 0-60 times that have been posted on the various forums and Youtube for stock SRT8 300's, and to be honest the urge to see what mine can do has been getting the better of me.

So today, I decided today to give it a try! Biggest problem is getting a good launch and trying to stop wheel spin.

First attempt was a miserable 5.8 seconds, traction control on, heaps of a tire smoke and a big grin on my face:smokin:.

Second attempt I tried with the traction control off. Even more wheelspin, totally sideways at 50 mph, even bigger grin on my face but a miserable 7.9 secs to 60mph

Third attempt, traction control back on, gentle on the gas, then nailed it, pretty good 4.79 sec's

Half a dozen attempts later, the times kept coming down until I managed a best of 3.88 sec.

Problem is for the first 1 to 1.5 seconds, I either get huge wheelspin and the car pretty much stands still or just have to pull away slowly and normally until I get to car rolling to approx 25mph, then stomp on it.

I'm sure if I could tame the wheelspin and get a decent launch, I could get the car down into the low 3's.

Any Ideas or thoughts..?

Tires are Nitto 255 45 20 INVO's

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow thats fast...my lowest.was 4.72 on my all motor just cai, magnaflow catback,91 oct cai tune,180 tstat......man your car looks dope should consider ride of tje month....post more pics of car looks sick....love the magnum with 300 front end look...wish we had that here in the states..

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#3 ·
I hope you are not quoting the EVIC, as it is likely to be inaccurate. Fun though!

Per a famous drag racing calculator my best 0-60 mph is 4.0 seconds. Much more accurate, as it is calculated from a time slip.

#5 ·
4.88 seconds recorded by my Tranzformer... in a 5.7... however my friends vette pulls a 4.6 on the gtech thingy and he has yet to pull me on a 0-60... so who knows... under 5 with no smoke from the rears and over 5 with! lol 3.anything is hella quick!

#7 ·
My evic best 3.96 at drag strip 4.0

#12 ·
Ahhh, old thread revival. My best "EVIC" is 1.19 seconds. The car was not moving 60mph, but the tires were sure as hell spinning that fast. :cool2:

#13 ·
My best is 4.26
On a cold night

#15 ·
My Ride 2012 Chrysler 300 srt8 with cold air intake and intune I tune tune from Sean at hemifever no MDS and remove torque limiters added throttle boost thru out rpm band 275 35 R20 nitto invo in the back and my 0-60 time best is 3 seconds. I have had many times under 4 seconds. 3.5 to 3.9 on average. I smoke any car that's attempted to race me. Even beat the Audi A8 4.0 turbo and supposed to be faster than my car. NOPE! Love Mopar.

#16 ·
^ While it's awesome that you smoke anything around and I agree completely with the Mopar or no car... 3.0 in a bolt on with a tune SRT is not accurate bud... The timer lies, but they are fun!

I'm running a roughly 3.65 on drag radials based on my roughly 11.5 time at 118... My evic has ranged from 2.9 to 3.9 on those runs, it's all over the board. Street tires it's everywhere... My best run on the street was 2.8ish but my Trinity claimed a 12.6 1/4 mile time and judging by the rubber she wasn't lying! Lol.

Keep smoking Audi's and lovin hemi's but I wouldn't tell too many people you pull 3.0's just in case you run into a 4300lb car with the 850 crank hp it would take to pull that off! ?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

#17 ·
What kind of car do you drive ? First of all my car does do these times and it takes certain conditions for it to happen. Number 1 the pavement is straight concrete and its very sticky. (No assault) 2. The tires I have are the stickiest street tires next to slicks. 3. There is an art to getting these times. You must use sport mode and manual paddle shifters AND you cannot floor it straight to floor. You must barely get car rolling then WOT and it pulls these numbers. It takes a really good driver to get these numbers. Not some dumby just flooring it. I know you think the tires were probably spinning to get these times. Well when they did spin I got 2 second times. This is without tires spinning. I have been driving high HP/torque cars since I was 16. And who the hell has 850hp? First of all you cannot put that HP to the ground with street tires. Maybe on 10.5 inch rim and 315 30 R22 . Honestly it doesn't really matter but I know what I did and what happened. Im going to make visors with a Real stop watch. Not the timer on the car and post it for you BUD. Lol

#18 ·
Wow... Cool your jets!

First off I don't doubt you break into the high 3 second range... Nitto invos are good and sticky (but not an R compound tire for sure) and with the right air pressure and a good launch will help a stock 6.4 pull off low 4's for sure... Add in your tune (which is your biggest mod from what you posted) and you should crack into the high 3's for sure...

Now... Using physics and common intelligence I can tell you that a (and I'm being VERY generous here) 525hp car that weighs 4000lbs and suffers 18% drivetrain loss through a rwd platform is NOT going to pull off a 3 second flat 0-60 time with just a set of Invos (of which I ran as well before going stickier). You may have seen it on the EVIC which has been proven to be off on a good day but it is a physical impossibility to do it BUD. You are actually saying that a few bolt ons and a tune and you are a few tenths quicker than a hellcat that has 3 more gears and an extra 200hp? Come on... I was being nice about it and you went all force 10 on me so I'll call you out... No worries. Go to the track, so a timed run and calculate it, it's not hard and takes the guesswork out. A mid/low 12 second rwd car can't pull a 3 second flat time, if it did then it would either run a low 11 high 10 time or have ran out of gas half way through the pass. Oh...and many people drive 850hp cars over on LX and a few on here... They will tell you what it takes to pull a 3.0 time.

As for what I drive... Just an old 06 5.7 300c with a couple of little mods... But as you are in the habit of picking fights with faster cars on paper I'm probably not worth the run. However... If you find yourself around Bradenton and bored at any point in the future shoot me a PM as I'll be glad to slide up there and do a few passes to show you how a little 5.7 can pull.

Now... My original post on your thread was meant friendly, I still am, but please drop the cocky crap, it really doesn't go far around here BUD...

#20 ·
Well good... Then we are both at least coming at this in the right way! Lol... and I only used capitals when you did ?.

Now about this 5.7 thing... I do know how quick the 6.4 motors are, I've driven a couple before, I also beat up on them at the track quite regularly. I'm really being cheeky when I called you out for a run as I'm hardly playing fair considering my 5.7 puts out more rwhp than a stock 6.4 puts out at the crank through its blown, heads and cam motor... I also put the power down through 2800 stall converter, built transmission and a geared rear diff tied to R compound drag radials... Its far from a fair fight.

Considering I'm willing to bet on close to a full second ahead on you at the track and I launch with no wheelspin on a well prepped track and still manage 3.6ish seconds in those conditions... I was commenting as I just didn't want you to look silly when you one day ran into a GTR Nismo for example that has 600hp and AWD and only barely manages a 3.0 0-60 (same as a Bugatti Veyron @ 2.9) and get walked. Concrete is hard as nails and is a bad surface to launch on, I do runway events a few times a year and the one we hit is concrete... I can blow the tires off in 3rd if I want... Give me hot asphalt anyday!

Anyway... If you can do a 3.0 then congrats... I would love to see it in person as that will be the quickest I've ever seen in an LX platform with little mods in street tires. Do I doubt it, sure, but that's the great thing about forums we all have opinion. I'm stoked that you are happy with your car as that's the number one thing I love about this forum, we are all enthusiasts who love our rides... That's the thing that matters most to me, not who's king of the hill as I will never be that, even though I am quick, someone's always faster!

Good luck with your ride bud... Keep rockin it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.