Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Magnuson Blower for SRT8

4K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  vvv90 
#1 ·
I have been hearing rumors about this kit for a while now. Does anyone know anything about it? Magnuson makes blower kits for TRD, Saleen, Jackson racing and a lot of other stuff.

#2 ·
1st Magnum SRT8 said:
I have been hearing rumors about this kit for a while now. Does anyone know anything about it? Magnuson makes blower kits for TRD, Saleen, Jackson racing and a lot of other stuff.

Not until they can do the tuning....I'm sure GSM will be offering one if they do make a unit to mate to the Hemi block though. Check with them.

#3 ·
OMG NO WAY.... hope its true..

i have one of there Radix systems on my chevy truck had it for the past 2 years you cant get a better charger real OEM quality stuff and if its not a complete out of the box kit then they simply wont sell it....nothing looks or sounds better...oh yeh and the extra power is awsome

#4 ·
1st Magnum SRT8 said:
Is the blower that is being put on a lot of CTS Vs?

#6 · (Edited)

You mean one of these, with a TNT 90MM billet TB ring. A 600HP 2005 CTS-V daily driver.

#7 ·
HalV48 said:

You mean one of these, with a TNT 90MM billet TB ring. A 600HP 2005 CTS-V daily driver.
WOW!
How much did that conversion cost? Are Maggie's more or less costly than Paxtons?

#9 ·
Pete's3 said:
I seriously doubt that is a stock motor with a simple bolt-on Mag. I'd say an extra 100HP only, not that 200. But the truck deals I have seen seem to run about 5k plus install...

Actually a typical 8psi on a 10.5:1 motor of intercooled boost should net between %45-%55 increase in crank horspower if properly tuned so 600HP on a normally 400HP motor is normal really.

The 8 psi GSM kits are producing that amount of increase on the Hemi.

#10 ·
Pete's3 said:
I seriously doubt that is a stock motor with a simple bolt-on Mag. I'd say an extra 100HP only, not that 200. But the truck deals I have seen seem to run about 5k plus install...
Has a new AZP&S blower cam also, 497RWHP without the N2O. Didn't you notice the Nitrous plumbing? Has Stainless Works headers, and Magnaflow exhaust. In our club we have a stock block (346) LS1 Camaro with a custom H/C package, 90MM intake and 1 7/8 Kooks thru a 3" true dual exhaust making 492RWHP and 605 with N2O as a daily driver running 10.50's thur the mufflers with DA's in the 2600 to 2700 range which would be 10.teens at sea level, and probalby has a couple of tenths left in it with a full interior and no weight reduction.

#11 ·
best thing about the magnacharger is the easy install it comes complete with intake manifold and injectors its an all in one all you have to do is remove stock intake and bolton the magnacharger and your done..

here is a pic of my radix on my 6.0L and a small cam dyno at 473HP and 480TQ truck feels and drives like stock there is no sound at idle

Attachments

#12 · (Edited)
HalV48 said:
Has a new AZP&S blower cam also, 497RWHP without the N2O. Didn't you notice the Nitrous plumbing? Has Stainless Works headers, and Magnaflow exhaust. In our club we have a stock block (346) LS1 Camaro with a custom H/C package, 90MM intake and 1 7/8 Kooks thru a 3" true dual exhaust making 492RWHP and 605 with N2O as a daily driver running 10.50's thur the mufflers with DA's in the 2600 to 2700 range which would be 10.teens at sea level, and probalby has a couple of tenths left in it with a full interior and no weight reduction.
Funny, I was just down at AZP&S on Friday and Mike showed me this exact photo. He had a lot of good things to say about you as well, HalV48.

Not to get off topic, but I guess I just missed running into you Hal. The boys said you did some bad arse burn outs while you were there:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Back on topic, there is nothing sexy about that Cadi motor - other than the braded line and the N20 install. There are more wires and spaghetti than I have seen on any motor. I guess it's how it performs though. Must be a real beast.

#13 ·
vvv90 said:
Actually a typical 8psi on a 10.5:1 motor of intercooled boost should net between %45-%55 increase in crank horspower if properly tuned so 600HP on a normally 400HP motor is normal really.

The 8 psi GSM kits are producing that amount of increase on the Hemi.
Well not quite, since my car has full exhaust kook included and port work done, i barely made over 500rwhp and NA is almost 435 give or take, so i'm not convinced the 8psi is truly worth much more than 80rwhp at best. unless a ONE time Minimal timing retard is done on a dyno run with a cool engine to Show capabilities with 104 Race Gas, then YES, but Not with 91 octane and in true street trim. 55% gain would put my car from NA of say even 425rwhp to over 612RWHP easily and that could NEVER happen in street trim, i don't even think RACE trim with more boost since the split second is CAVEMAN tuning spraying fuel through a
Dry Intake manifold. I'll stop with that. Getting all heated up.

Larry

#14 ·
Sleeper300 said:
Well not quite, since my car has full exhaust kook included and port work done, i barely made over 500rwhp and NA is almost 435 give or take, so i'm not convinced the 8psi is truly worth much more than 80rwhp at best. unless a ONE time Minimal timing retard is done on a dyno run with a cool engine to Show capabilities with 104 Race Gas, then YES, but Not with 91 octane and in true street trim. 55% gain would put my car from NA of say even 425rwhp to over 612RWHP easily and that could NEVER happen in street trim, i don't even think RACE trim with more boost since the split second is CAVEMAN tuning spraying fuel through a
Dry Intake manifold. I'll stop with that. Getting all heated up.

Larry
Hey Larry what's up?! :beerchug:

You're already making more than 80RWHP additional so I'm confused what you mean by that. :confused: I think you're confusing CHP and RWHP. NA is 367RWHP approx. Not 435. :confused:

91 octane vs. 93 octane may be a slight difference from the tune I have on my 9psi Vette (10.5:1 CR) and your car...I dunno. I've NEVER ran 91 octane on my car.

Here's the Math I just worked out based on your results:

Stock 6.1 = ~367RWHP

YOU!! = 500RWHP :)

That equals a difference of ~40% and I've seen your tune which is pretty conservative at 10.x:1 AFR. Correct me if I'm wrong Larry but I thought the more radical GSM tunes make ~550RWHP. That would be about right for my example.

So if the maggie'd n/a 400HP CTS-V can claim 600CHP on 8psi, who knows what tune they use to make that claim but it's still easily attainable with the proper tune was my only point. :)

#15 ·
Moose said:
Funny, I was just down at AZP&S on Friday and Mike showed me this exact photo. He had a lot of good things to say about you as well, HalV48.

Not to get off topic, but I guess I just missed running into you Hal. The boys said you did some bad arse burn outs while you were there:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Back on topic, there is nothing sexy about that Cadi motor - other than the braded line and the N20 install. There are more wires and spaghetti than I have seen on any motor. I guess it's how it performs though. Must be a real beast.
Yeah, I hijacked the photo from Mike's post on AZFBA.com. I was there Friday morning, but couldn't hang very long because I had to get to Sky Harbor to pick up my nephew. Mike and Justin wanted to video me doing a burnout like Smitty's in the parking lot. There was a couple of guys washing pickup trucks in the line of fire. I took Justin out for a ride a did a monster burnout after I took the traction control off. :pat:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.