Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

This this is totaled?

6K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  Koooop 
#1 · (Edited)
Is this totaled?

Hi all,
I had a Jeep drive though my 300 last night on the way home. I'm hoping they fix it because this is the first car I've really loved driving.
71k miles and was pretty much mint before the Jeep.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Crash Motor vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Chrysler 300 Sedan

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Crash

See less See more
#2 ·
Errrr wow... you ok pal?

Might want to get used to driving a different one, I'm pretty sure that one is a write off, that was a hard hit. As long as your ok pal, they made more like yours and you'll find another if they total it out.

Reactions: Snap Off
#5 ·
That seems way too far gone to fix and if it was possible I doubt it would be the same.
So glad your mainly unndamaged yourself though.
Hope something good can come out of it all.

Reactions: Snap Off
#7 ·
My old '06 was similarly rear ended and suffered over $8k in repairs (not too bad compared to yours). The body shop did a great job and it drove great afterwards. But little things just were never quite right: seat belt engagement, truck closure, door closure, etc. Then when i traded it in, took a HUGE hit due to its "history". In hind sight, I wish it had more damage to make it totalled. Although that would have meant more $$ out of pocket, would have been much less irritating for all those years.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#10 ·
Wow! That's a serious shunt. Its a testimony to the chassis ' rigid design that you weren't seriously injured - or worse (and one of the reasons I race this car).

That car is definitely a write off. Hopefully your insurance will give you enough so you can go out and get another Gen1.

Keep us posted.

#11 ·
Man! I have neck pains just looking at that! I have an '06 that I purchased new........ and it would just rail me if it were hit like that. I love my CSRT8 more than any other (of my autos) in the stable at the moment and would feel terrible about losing it that way. Good luck finding another.........

#13 ·
It'll buff out...

#16 ·
Sure thing... I play a Dr on TV, I've got this...

To the op... any news yet? Still presuming this is going to the big Chrysler parking lot in the sky!

#22 ·
Just glad you're ok...sorry you had to let her go for someone else's issue. Sucks...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.