Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Front end damage control

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  shelsmith67 
#1 ·
Just thought I would check in since its been a while. My SRT8 is turning 1 year old next week and is running well but looking not so good, between the kids and wife the front end has come apart twice they just can't seem to stay away from parking curbs and once they run it over they have to back off which just destroys the the ground effects, the kids ran the port side rims into a curb, the drivers and passenger accent trim has been vandelized during an interstate stop at an Arbys when wife took kids and players on a high school tennis trip/match (players loved car though brownie points for DAD). I have order all the needed parts this week including the under carriage engine cover , the steering/supension cover, the ground effects piece and the accent trim pieces. The only good thing is I can paint well and fix crap ( just ask my wife). Just a little warning for everybody the ground effects are now a one piece with the front end in other words when you run over anything that is taller then your ground effects which is everything you risk tearing off the entire front end if you are not careful, course my wife has already ripped it off partially twice with it being a two piece. I believe (I hope it arrives Monday) I got one of the last of the seperated ground effect pieces and I am going to make a mold of it so I can replace it when wife and kids destroy it and keep the orginal in storage, No; I am not in the internet sales business (hell I can't even figure out how to order one of those cool SRT8 key chains through pay pal and I thought I had an account) I only talk about it because its whats happoning with me at the momenent so pleasseeee don't ask I fix boats not cars. Well other then that the car is great, I get to wash it, wax it ( Collinite insulater wax), change the oil, fix the body parts and drive it to the gas station and back. Life is good.

amnat

2006SRT8 delivered in July of 05

See less See more
#3 ·
I feel for you. My wife doesn't get to drive mine, but she did run over a parking stop in her Civic (I mean completely drove the front tires over it). She called me in a panic. I put it in reverse and floored it until it backed over it. Did some visual damage but who really cares about Civics? Not me.

#4 ·
amant said:
Just thought I would check in since its been a while. My SRT8 is turning 1 year old next week and is running well but looking not so good, between the kids and wife the front end has come apart twice they just can't seem to stay away from parking curbs and once they run it over they have to back off which just destroys the the ground effects, the kids ran the port side rims into a curb, the drivers and passenger accent trim has been vandelized during an interstate stop at an Arbys when wife took kids and players on a high school tennis trip/match (players loved car though brownie points for DAD). I have order all the needed parts this week including the under carriage engine cover , the steering/supension cover, the ground effects piece and the accent trim pieces. The only good thing is I can paint well and fix crap ( just ask my wife). Just a little warning for everybody the ground effects are now a one piece with the front end in other words when you run over anything that is taller then your ground effects which is everything you risk tearing off the entire front end if you are not careful, course my wife has already ripped it off partially twice with it being a two piece. I believe (I hope it arrives Monday) I got one of the last of the seperated ground effect pieces and I am going to make a mold of it so I can replace it when wife and kids destroy it and keep the orginal in storage, No; I am not in the internet sales business (hell I can't even figure out how to order one of those cool SRT8 key chains through pay pal and I thought I had an account) I only talk about it because its whats happoning with me at the momenent so pleasseeee don't ask I fix boats not cars. Well other then that the car is great, I get to wash it, wax it ( Collinite insulater wax), change the oil, fix the body parts and drive it to the gas station and back. Life is good.

amnat

That would be awesome if you located a seperated piece, I don't care for the 1 new design because it has the extra cut outs under the licence plate.

#5 ·
amant said:

amnat

as ScottB said...
see my continuing saga...

on the other hand I get to drive mine...
(when I have it of course)

Hope all finds you well Amant!

and go drive that thing!!!

#6 ·
Jeez, amant, sounds like your car has been beat up. I wish I had known they were going to make it one piece. I would have bought a spare. Now our only option is the one piece which sucks especially for the 05's. Mine is in good shape though. I really don't like the look of the extra vents. First thing I'd do is ban your wife & kids from driving the car and back into parking spaces whenever possible. Good luck with your repairs.

Rambit

#7 ·
Rambit said:
Jeez, amant, sounds like your car has been beat up. I wish I had known they were going to make it one piece. I would have bought a spare. Now our only option is the one piece which sucks especially for the 05's. Mine is in good shape though. I really don't like the look of the extra vents. First thing I'd do is ban your wife & kids from driving the car and back into parking spaces whenever possible. Good luck with your repairs.

Rambit
Rambit,
after reading his post...
I think it is his wife's daily driver car...
he's got a bright orange lambo murcielago...
kidding...
I don't know what his daily driver is...
but if he builds boats for a living...
it's probably a truck...:biggrin:

#8 ·
cbutler32 said:
Rambit,
after reading his post...
I think it is his wife's daily driver car...
he's got a bright orange lambo murcielago...
kidding...
I don't know what his daily driver is...
but if he builds boats for a living...
it's probably a truck...:biggrin:
Yeah, sounds like it. I'd still ban 'em though...haha.

Rambit

#9 ·
Look at my paine a couple of posts back, (no need to link). I think the solution is to pull the front fascia off and "paint" the chin with Rhino Liner or Line X. I haven't done this yet but will post an update when I do.

As to pulling the fascia apart when one runs over a curb - just be carefull, sorry that's the best advice that I have.

Bret

#10 ·
#11 ·
Easy fix

Buy the rest of the family a SUV after you fix the SRT8. It was definately was built for a good driver.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.