Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Slipping tranny???

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  SHADE 
#1 ·
I've noticed two seperate times where my transmission felt like it slipped for a quick second or so.

1) On the highway yesterday, I tried to accelerate up from about 45-50 MPH. The transmission felt like it stuttered for a bit then took off. You could feel the car kick as if you were to lightly tap on the brakes but only for a millisecond or so and not hard.

2) While trying to back up today, it felt like the transmission kicked into reverse a while after actually shifting, as if the response time was delayed for about 3 seconds. then you know how it feels like when you neutral drop a car? Yeah, felt tlike that but in reverse.

I don't know if this would be considered as the famous "shift hesitation" but I don't really know what it is either. Hope it's not my tranny going bad. I don't even push my baby hard!!!

#2 ·
headbussaboi said:
I've noticed two seperate times where my transmission felt like it slipped for a quick second or so.

1) On the highway yesterday, I tried to accelerate up from about 45-50 MPH. The transmission felt like it stuttered for a bit then took off. You could feel the car kick as if you were to lightly tap on the brakes but only for a millisecond or so and not hard.

2) While trying to back up today, it felt like the transmission kicked into reverse a while after actually shifting, as if the response time was delayed for about 3 seconds. then you know how it feels like when you neutral drop a car? Yeah, felt tlike that but in reverse.

I don't know if this would be considered as the famous "shift hesitation" but I don't really know what it is either. Hope it's not my tranny going bad. I don't even push my baby hard!!!
Though not an 'SRT-8', my car did the reverse thing during the first 6-8 months of ownership, and then the reverse hesitation suddenly ceased on its own. My car also experienced an intermittent forward 'lurching'/'lunging' type sensation which stumped my dealership, as well as DCX's westcoast service rep. The sensation could be described as my car wanting to suddenly fly into the intersection, while stopped at a red light, with my foot firmly depressing the brake pedal. This sensation ceased just recently...without any service intervention whatsoever, as nobody could ever figure it out. :dunno:

#3 ·
Mr.DJ said:
Though not an 'SRT-8', my car did the reverse thing during the first 6-8 months of ownership, and then the reverse hesitation suddenly ceased on its own. My car also experienced an intermittent forward 'lurching'/'lunging' type sensation which stumped my dealership, as well as DCX's westcoast service rep. The sensation could be described as my car wanting to suddenly fly into the intersection, while stopped at a red light, with my foot firmly depressing the brake pedal. This sensation ceased just recently...without any service intervention whatsoever, as nobody could ever figure it out. :dunno:
So I'm guessing you haven't experienced it since it went away?

#6 ·
Mine seems to be stuck in 'happy' reverse. Put it in reverse and the damn thing nearly peels over pedestrians

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.