Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Picking up an 06 SRT8 today.

5K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  jamesdtuttle 
#1 ·
Bought a 2006 SRT8 with 81000 mi, Mopar CAI, exhaust cutouts, immaculate interior, enbroiderd carpets clean shiny paint, tinted glass, just in all around nice condition, $15,500. i think its a fair price. the dealer is swapping out a wheel that i didn't like, making me a new extra key and replacing all the tire pressure sensors. supposed to be done this afternoon. what is everyones opinion on this? i respect your input. I originaly had a 2006 5.7 hemi when i first joined the forum. regret trading that 4 years ago for a cts but now i'm back this time with an SRT8!

#8 ·
Update

Well, its been 3 weeks now and I'm loving this car. So far I've identified a couple of things to do. I'm going to replace the front struts and mounts. I'm also going to have the rims refinished, they have curb rash but I want to keep these OEM wheels.I'm going to put the car away when winter comes but next season I'm going to replace all the tires, these won't be any good another season. considering Hancook v12's. So far not surprised by anything. The front end is forgivable to me for a 9 year old one of these cars with the typical front end clunk. Really enjoying it and enjoying all the feedback I get from folks wherever I go.

#5 ·
Congrats! Sounds like a good deal. The SRT8 is a great car. I still miss mine and may get another some day.

#9 ·
I just put Hankook V12 evo2s on our MSRT, and have no complaints. Perform as well as the Toyo Proxes IVs I used for the previous set.

#10 · (Edited)
Congrats on the purchase. I bought mine back in Feb and am also loving every bit of it. Although...... I am eyeballing the Gen 2's.... no replacement for displacement. Maybe in a couple years ;)

#11 ·
BigVig90, I was originally looking at 08's-10's but this 06 that I found had good miles, couple of mods already done and the price was good. The Gen 2's didn't have my heart like the 06-10's, especially since my first was an 06 5.7 that I loved and had been chasing since i traded it. i admit though that I have seen a couple of 2012's during my quest that might have put me in the new gen if the prices had been different.

#12 ·
I hear you, bud. At first I was completely set on Gen 1 for the body style more than anything. Price is always a factor but the Gen 2's didn't resonate within me like the Gen 1's did. Welp..... it's starting to grow on me a little now and what excites me the most is the extra 50hp. Oh and that tan laguna leather option omg.

So I'm keeping an eye on prices right now for '12s-'14s and am holding out till i find a steal of a deal. Let them new cars depreciate a little bit ::wink::

#14 ·
Depreciation doesn't really matter if you plant to drive them and care for them 9-10 years like we do.

#16 ·
Scored a 300c srt 2006

Got a sweet deal on a 2006 black 300c srt 34000 miles 17000. Not sure if that's the going rate for one this old but it's in showroom condition. Was stored most of the year and I plan on storing this winter also. I finally got my seasonal driver::smile::

#17 ·
Got a sweet deal on a 2006 black 300c srt 34000 miles 17000. Not sure if that's the going rate for one this old but it's in showroom condition. Was stored most of the year and I plan on storing this winter also. I finally got my seasonal driver::smile::
You found a gem! My 06 with 81000 mi was valued at $16,400 by NADA. I got it for $15,500 and feel alright about it. $17,000 would have been high for a regular 5.7 C but i think considering the low miles on your car and if you are comfortable with that it is a prize. Go to Black Book or NADA and look it up. I'd bet you got a good price. Good luck. Enjoy it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.