Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

What do you SRT8 owners do for a living?

28K views 155 replies 97 participants last post by  onesickhotrod 
#1 ·
Hello all! I have been viewing the forums for a little bit of time, and I gotta say that the wealth of knowledge on these cars here is great! I am currently a college student, and hope to graduate within the next 2-2.5 years hopefully! I am just curious about what you 300c SRT8 owners do for a living?

Post your Job Title/Description and Salary if you are comfortable with disclosing it! The reason I am asking is because I am very interested in looking into purchasing a 300c SRT8 upon graduation. I am curious what you guys do for a living so I can gauge if I will truly be able to afford this beast of a car! I already know some parts are quite expensive, and this is not a gas friendly prius...lol. I am coming from owning Japanese, so this potentially would be my first American car. I have not owned a performance car either, but the capability of the SRT8 as well as the drop dead gorgeous looks have me hungry for one!

Any ballpark figures for cost of ownership too? Your input is greatly appreciated!

#97 ·
Executive cheif/Server or when I feel like it I'm a Asst. General manager for a high end sports bar. I go back and forth over the years. Money depends on a lot but I could see 40k-55k depending... Remember tip your servers! I don't own a Srt but have a modified 300C. I did go to school for advanced automotive.

#100 ·
I'm a 1st Assistant Superintendent on a golf course in East TN make a little more then 35k a yr! I love my job though, mow some grass in the mornings, eat lunch and play golf. That is when the weather is nice, this time of year its boring! I pay $500 on my 300 SRT8 but I am wanting to knock it out fast. Insurance is $130 a month full coverage. I mostly drive my wifes car to work since she only works 3 days a week!

#106 ·
#103 ·
Hello from Downunder TX Rider and fellow forum members. I suggest it is probably not the car for someone who is striving to get through university. Over here they are expensive to buy,expensive to maintain and are not that great on fuel. But what ever lights your fire!!!! I have a 2009 SRT8 and its the best car that I have ever owned. If you want one and can afford to buy same and afford the fuel and tyres I would go ahead. Here in Oz I am a Plumber. About 100K per year depending on economic situations. Smokey Bear was saying fuel in USA was $3.27 per gallon. Here at present we are paying depending on the day $1.50 to $1.60 per litre ($6.00 to $6.40 per gallon). A good set of tyres for a SRT 8 will set you back between $2000.00 to $2,500.00 per set of four fitted. i.e. Good quality tyres. I have my SRT insured for an agreed value of $45,000.00 attracting a premium of $597.00 Aust.
As I said before my Chrysler is the best car that I have owned in 38 years of driving. I ride motorcycles also and the acceleration of the SRT is like riding a four wheel bike if you know what I mean. Power to burn.
I presently have a slight leak on my from right hand strut(Shockie). Can anyone suggest a good quality aftermarket replacement (set) and where would be the best place to buy same.

Trusting everyone had a Merry X Mas and have a great New Year.

Regards to all

Plumma
Downunder

#105 ·
I'm a 33 year old spy... ahem... OK that was a lie... I'm a submarine captain... OK that's a lie as well... I'm just a boring architect! Wage $80-110k a year depending on contracts. Insurance $860/6mths for 06 C, 09 Smart Fortwo Brabus, 2005 Honda Civic LX... both myself and my wife.

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#107 ·
dont be stupid. you are just outta school and already wanna go in debt. get a job, save your money for a rainny day. A car is just a thing and its not that importent. i am 54 yrs old and i did alot of saving until i got into a comfortable place to afford the things i have now. its a lot nicer when you can afford them instead of being broke because your checks go to the bank every week

#108 ·
Very true. I felt blessed being able to buy my first 300 when I was 19 and three years later had it paid off and traded it
In on my srt. So now I'm 24 and have had two 300's first a base and now a srt I'm happy that I saved. Oh and also happy that north dakota has great jobs where you can easily make over 100k haha
Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#109 ·
Happy Holidays y'all

I'm 29, turn the big 30 next month and my wife doesnt let me forget it LOL! I've been in the Navy for 12 years and some change now, do the math. I'm an Aviation Machinist' Mate which is a fancy way of saying an engine mechanic for aircrafts. Money isn't great but it sustains my habits. Overseas is where its at for money in the military.

I'm spoiled though, my first duty station was Tinker AFB in OKC OK from 2000-2004. I got hitched and had my first born son here. I moved to Rota, Spain in the summer of 2004 and had my daughter in the spring of 2005, we then moved to Misawa Japan in 2007 where I had my youngest son and moved back to OKC in 2010. Hopefully I move back overseas because I enjoy other countries' cultures.

My job consists of the upkeep of aircraft engines in the Navy, I'm certified to work on the CFM56-2-2A on the E-6B Mercury aircraft and the all famous T56-A-14 on the P-3 aircraft. I'm also certified to run various test cells in the Navy but hopefully I will never have to, this means being on a large boat with thousands of people in the middle of a large pond.

#110 ·
Great thread.

I'm 33 and work as a field service rep for an aviation engine leasing company. I do turbine engine maintenance and borescope inspections. I get to travel the world 6-7 months out of the year with a salary ranging from 60k-90k. It all depends on how much I am willing to travel and how much my family tolerates.

I bought my 2006 300C SRT8 with 25,578 miles at a price tag of $24,300. I hate monthly payments so I paid it off within the third month. My insurance is $1,368 a year. I don't drive it much due to my travels which I am fortunate for because I travel 48 miles both ways to and frm work when I'm in town.

Good luck.

#111 ·
I've enjoyed reading through this thread and getting a view of all the different things folks do, and yet have a shared interest in these cars. Thanks to all the LEOs, armed forces men and women, and other folks in public service.

I'm 34, and a manager at a large software company where I started 13 years ago after college. I make a little more than 250k. I bought my 07 SRT8 new for 38.5K 5 years ago. I love her to death, and while I'm always looking at other cars, I just can't see getting rid of this one.

My advice to the starter of this thread would be:

1. Wait and Save. I know it's hard, but don't put yourself in debt more than you have to, especially early in life.
2. Buy used.

#112 ·
I'm a Sales Director for a technology company in the healthcare field. The machines I sell package medications into pouches for patients taking multiple medications several times a day. I am looking forward to raised taxes and taxes on medical devices in 2013! No, really ... I'm sooooo excited! :sigh1: I work with pharmacies in a 9 state territory - Louisiana, Texas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Kansas, New Mexico, Arizona, Colorado, and Utah... just a little small area... haha!

After 15 years with a company that provided a company car, my new company offered an allowance ... so I got to pick pretty much anything I wanted within a certain budget. I chose the 2010 SRT8. I bought it from a Benz dealer in NC back in June and haven't looked back. Since I fly almost everywhere ... I barely put any miles on it, so it's really a win for me!

Love this forum and love my 300!

#114 · (Edited)
If I can afford a 300c then so can the op

55yo electricians assistant on approx £16k ($24k)

paid £9000 ($13'500)for my late 07 3.0L V6 diesel touring (UK Station wagon) just 5 months ago with 80k on the clock.

I get around 40miles/gallon (30/us gall) but diesel costs £6.75 gallon ($4.75/us gallon)
still good for 140mph though.

#115 ·
Don't own an SRT8...yet!
Love my 300C though!
This is my first MOPAR. I am very impressed with this car so far.
I am a supervisor for a $65 million wholesale Building Materials Distributor. Salary is about $65k. I don't make the big bucks a lot of you do but I really like my job and don't dread going in.
I have been at my same job for 17 years and been in the Building Industry, mainly personal home dwellings for 25 years.
Never a dull moment!
I can build a house from the ground up but got a LOT to learn about these cars!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy 2

#118 ·
I work for my local highway department and I love it! I'm a slave through the winter months, on call 24-7. But from April to the end of November its cake. 4 10s, Monday through Thursday. 3 day weekends, every weekend! Good pay, good benefits, and a great pension, which is hard to come by!
April 1st - Dec 1st, I blast around in my SRT.
Dec 1st-April 1st, I blast around in this!

Attachments

#123 · (Edited)
I guess I can comment now since I just picked one up!

Im 26 from outside Toronto, I am a buyer in the supply chain working for a pump company. We make municipal and dewatering mining pumps.

Ins is $148/month

#127 ·
I have a similar event, the old man at my mopar dealer preached about his 6.4 chally until the day he went for a drive in my heavily modified forced inducted monster 6.1 300c!! We went from 0-215kmph in 10sec flat lol he got out and said he never wanted to go in it again!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.