Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Installed SLP LOUDMOUTH II

13K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  drcoy45 
#1 ·
I just installed my SLP LOUDMOUTH II and its very very loud going on it. Overall I am not happy with it, I thought the loudmouth II was much quieter then the loudmouth I. Is there any muffler I can change.

#2 ·
That sucks, you should be able to swap out those bullet looking mufflers with others made by slp. I'd give them a ring

#4 ·
the Id of the bullet mufs on the LM2 is smaller than those on the LM1, hold the muffler and look inside, the inside should look smaller than the inlet/outlet of the muffler.

I used to have it on my car for some time, the sound is amazingly loud but performance wise the stock system is way better.

#6 ·
I just installed a powerflo and I love it. Nice deep growl on hard acceleration and barely notice it the rest of the time. The powerflo is a loud mouth II but with resonators at the tips. They should be able to sell you the powerflo resonators and you can bolt it right in. I think its what you're looking for.

#8 ·
OP, any luck finding a quieter muffler that would work and what did slp say?

#13 ·
For quieter exhaust with deeper tones than stock, cut off resonators and stock muffs - install Magnalows.

For louder more aggressive exhaust, save your money. Just cut off resos and muffs, straight pipe from CatBack. Trust me, you'll be richer for it and everyone will love the sound.

#14 ·
Just have to be happy with the discernable tq loss from straight pipes due to the loss of scavenging.

I know this is the part where everyone who has done it will try and argue 'my car is faster', but that's only up top past 5600rpm... We've done it and dyno'd a few 6.1's and 5.7 cars and they all pickup a couple of hp above 5600 and lose 8-12ft/lbs down below the curve. Our end results at the track were very similar just a MPH difference at the big end. Same as cutouts...

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

#16 ·
Yeah totally understand the reasoning and facts. I just figure our cars are almost as heavy as a truck, and honestly a few HP/TQ is worth sacrificing for the amazing sound.
I have a buddy with a corvette, and no one ever asks him about his car.... but my gets looks, questions, and thumbs up weekly.

Its my daily driver, so it was worth the sound for me.
And I have my custom Frankentake built so it whirls when i stomp on it... I love this car... I've had it since 40,000 miles and I'm at 134,000 now going strong. >:D

#17 ·
...and that right there is what a forum on vehicles is all about, doing things because you like them. You took the choice to lose a little down low to pick up sound, to you it is a worthy sacrifice you might not even feel. The next guy might want speed and less noise... The next wants silent and comfy... We all differ in choice but give our opinions for all to choose.

Thanks for not getting outta shape when I pointed that out, many people do, I just like to be clear for all reading that every avenue is explained so people make the right choice. Sounds like you did for you and I bet that thing sounds like a beast! A good intake makes it even better... Now... Can I talk you into a nice blower? Lol... Nothing like the sound of a hemi coming off boost. ?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

#18 ·
Yeah I know people get bent outta shape if they dont like the facts, lol.

OMG I wish I could get a blower!! I just dont think I've got the coin to do what is needed to beef up whatever necessary parts on the engine to handle the boost long term. Although, I'd probably only go to 5-6lbs of boost.

I've wanted a blower since day one! I also always thought the STS Twin Turbo rear mount set up was a very very cool concept.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.