Thread: Hemi misfire
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 03:10 PM
badgx
Lifetime Premium Member
Points: 145,584, Level: 1 Points: 145,584, Level: 1 Points: 145,584, Level: 1
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Activity: 67% Activity: 67% Activity: 67%

Car: 2006 Chrysler 5.7 Hemi STARTECH EDITION PRINS VSI LPG & KEIHIN INJECTORS (AIRLIFT PERFORMANCE) AUTOPILOT V2
Surprised to hear Autel wasn't able to pick up any codes, which is strange??? Have you tried disconnecting the electrical socket at anyone of the coil packs to check to see if Autel picked up any codes? If you disconnected the socket, in theory it should collect a solid code.

Perhaps if its not Autel, do you think it might be something non electrical related, like a small fuel leak at the rails causing starvation or perhaps a loose or even a failing spark plug or something? The leads generally fit snug on the plugs when the coil packs are tightened down and the original spark plugs which should be tightened down are Champion plugs which are good for 30k but can get much higher miles/usage out of them.

I don't have much experience with my MDS module. I've switched off the MDS feature on mine for a long while now since it had a habit of confusing the Prins ECU. As I remember on stock tune, the MDS mostly activated with stable speeds for example on motorways or on downhill stretches especially with the foot feathered or away from the pedal. On the other hand with the predators tunes, the MDS used to come alive much more frequently around town or narrow country lanes.

Hope your able to locate the issue, will be interesting to see what was causing the misfiring, hope its something simple & service related as it look like a nice GC.

One step for man, one giant leap for mankind

Airlift Performance Autopilot V2___________________________________________Air_Management_ System

Replace with
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome