Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Any New MOPAR '12 Owners

105K views 272 replies 58 participants last post by  Angelito 
#1 ·
Looking to see if any other MOPAR '12 owners are out on the roads. #16/500 :cool2:

#5 ·
MOPAR '12 300 is a V8.

Powered by the legendary 5.7L HEMI with 363 horsepower and 394 lb. ft. of torque, the specially equipped Mopar '12 is mated to a five-speed automatic transmission with paddle shifters and Auto Stick, performance-tuned suspension and performance disc brakes.

Due to an exclusive use of a 3.91 rear axle, Mopar '12 300 has shown 0 to 60 mph blasts in the low 5-second range. Mopar "aficionados" will appreciate the content.

Sales Code - AY4

Production - Only 500 vehicles will be built

Performance:
•3.91 Performance Rear Axle
•3 Season Performance Tires
•Performance brakes

Exterior:
•Painted in Gloss Black with Mopar blue hood and bodyside accent stripes
•20" Forged Wheels w/ Gloss Black Finish and Mopar Blue Accent Stripes
•Mopar Center Caps
•Mopar 75th Anniversary Badging
•Mopar Design Decklid Badge
•Black/Chrome Grille Surround with Black/Chrome Grille Insert

Interior:
•Leather Seating with Mopar Blue Highlight Stitching and Embroidered Mopar Logo
•Unique Interior Accenting
•Unique Mopar Leather Wrapped Shift Handle
•Mopar '12 Serialized Badge
•Leather Wrapped Steering
•Wheel with Mopar Blue Highlight Stitching
•Heated Steering Wheel
•Paddle Shift Controls
•Adaptive Cruise control
•Uconnect
•Unique Interior Accenting
•"Mopar or No Car" Start Up Splash Screen
•9- Speaker Audio System w/ 506 Watt Amplifier
•Mopar Leather Wrapped Shift Handle
•Mopar Bright Pedal Kit
•Mopar Door Sill Entry Guards
•Mopar Key Fobs

Reactions: Scritz
#7 ·
Congrats HEBIGC on your Mopar 12! I'm Mopar 12 300 owner #335/500 coming straight out of Miami, FL. Home to the largest population per capita of Ferrari's, Porsches, BMW's, Bentley's, and Merc's on the East Coast and probably the US. Trust me when I say I'm used to seeing rare and unique whips around town, my Mopar 12 makes me in a class only another 499 owners of Mopar Chrysler 300 owners could understand. I am a former 2008 Mercedes CLS 63 AMG owner and although I am not comparing my 100K AMG with my current Mopar 12, mainly because I would need another 55K to justify the comparison; trust me when I say Chrysler & Mopar have delivered the best pound per pound and dollar for dollar vehicle American car makers produce today.
German car makers are going to have a tough time getting me back as a customer.

I will provide some pics shortly of BOSS, thats what I call my Mopar 12. Because every time I hit the road, I feel like we're the BOSS driving on the pavement even with the plethora of 100K+ cars rolling on the Miami streets! I've leased my Mopar 12 but I already decided to buy it at the end because they're not making anymore of these collectibles and once I get the modifications into the vehicle there's no way I would get rid of it!

What kind of mods would anyone recommend while leasing warranty needs to stay in effect? I've spoken with the dealer service manager and he said as long as the mods were Mopar and didn't open the engine until after the warranty, warranty would stay in effect until it runs out. Anyone have any different suggestions or experiences? HEBIGC thanks for starting this thread, please feel free to contact me with any questions or updates on your ride, we can share em! Hope your enjoying your new whip as much as I am, take care!

#9 · (Edited)
Thanks Mopar 12, It's nice to be in the club. :smokin: It was hard to find other Heritage Edition owners the 3 years I had my '09 HE 300C and this Mopar '12 club is way smaller. I still roll past a few other SRT owners when I drive my '06. I like being in a group w/ a numbered vehicle.....I also have a '04 Scion xB Release Series 1.0 #1386/2100 and it's Hot Lava Orange color. I think my neighbors hate me.:cussing: LOL

#10 ·
I'm in this exclusive club too

I have number 388 if you want to see more pictures just go to Mopar pictures by hurricanejohn - Photobucket
I love this car the only complaint I have is the DVD manual sucks. For the cash we put out for one of these cars they should throw in the paper manual for free. I had to download a manual from Chrysler and its a generic 300 manual they should have a specific manual for this limited edition car. the information for the control centre shows different images than the actual car that needs to be addressed as well.

#180 ·
I have number 388 if you want to see more pictures just go to Mopar pictures by hurricanejohn - Photobucket
I love this car the only complaint I have is the DVD manual sucks. For the cash we put out for one of these cars they should throw in the paper manual for free. I had to download a manual from Chrysler and its a generic 300 manual they should have a specific manual for this limited edition car. the information for the control centre shows different images than the actual car that needs to be addressed as well.
Yours is a Yankee Doodle Dandy born on the fourth of July

#16 ·
Just bought #254/500

Sold my 2011 911 Carrera and bought this sweeeeeet new ride and i am LOVING IT!

I was torn between the SRT8 and this one but i loved the exclusivity of this model.

I am not sure how i feel about the blue piping on the car and may have it removed...thoughts?

I am also a bit of a mod-aholic...any one else have easy/fun mods they would recommend? I wanted to do the same blue LED lights i did on the interior of my 911 but the process seems MUCH more complicated in the 300.

Would love feedback.

Thanks all, and i am so happy to be back in a true american muscle (with a ton of class and amenities, as well). :)

#17 ·
paint

went to check out the mopar 12 i put a deposit on site unseen and the paint had like 30 blemishes on the hood and trunk. looks like acid rain or surface rust when they painted the car? they have another one at another dealerish so im going to look at that one. Hopefully the paint is good. Anyone else have paint issues? I remember when i bought my challenger some guys were complaining about the same thing. love the car but cant take it with bad paint. going friday to look at the other one. wish me luck.

#18 ·
Hi there! I just purchased #029/500 on Christmas Eve...early Christmas gift to myself :D It is a sweet ride! I feel like Hasselhoff driving around in K.I.T.T. with all the options it has! I watched this model at three dealers for 3 months and got an awesome deal.

I wasn't expecting such high RPM's at cruising speeds. They really should have used a transmission with another OD gear. I hope they develop an upgrade to give us UCONNECT Access like the 2013 models.

Have any of you installed a cold air intake yet? I am thinking about a Volant with PowerCore Filter and would like to know what others have used on their 300's.

#19 ·
Welcome to the family! :)

I TOTALLY get the Hasselhoff feeling, too...

Unfortunately, i also feel the pain at the pump with the 5 speed but i have gotten over the initial shock of only getting 14 mpg and am focusing on the many things i DO love about the car.

I am considering removing the blue piping from the side and hood and am wanting input on that front....anyone else have thoughts on that? I would love to know if you do end up installing the cold air intake and how that works for you.

I am a bit mod happy so keep me posted on anything else you tinker with and in the meantime, have fun!

breeox

#20 ·
Thanks for the welcome! I love that only 500 of these cars were made and I own one of them! Just rolled over 1000 miles today!

I'm not as concerned about gas prices. I was expecting the bump there with a 5.7L V8. I am more worried about the longevity of the engine at those high RPM's on the highway. There's a lot of 75mph interstate in Texas.

Cold air is the first mod I will do. I have to pace myself, but I plan to add cat-back exhaust, an SRT8 deck lid spoiler, and either powder coat to match paint or black chrome the window trim and foglight bezels to give the car a totally blacked out look.

Personally, I like the blue pinstriping. I think it is a subtle way to distinguish the MOPAR '12 from the average 300. I intend to have another clear coat added over my pinstripes so they don't peel.

Depending on how it might affect the warranty, I may look into getting a custom tune. Should be able to improve MPG and with the power gains.

#21 ·
I agree with the high rpm's at cruising. I only have a 100 miles on the car cause we got snow in new york. I like the blue stripes also, with the blue in the wheels looks good. Whats the best mileage on the highway anyone has gotten? I was hoping for something in the 20's. May do a cold air down the road, not sure. I have #044, just ordered my special plate also MOPAR 12. surprised it was available. I havent even figured out how to use all the electronics yet. The owners manual wasnt in the car or the second key, so i have to go back to the dealer to get it. I also have a 2009 srt8 so my wife and I will go to cruise nights with both cars.

#23 ·
I got one key fob, but the dealer told me I would receive a second one in the mail in a few weeks. I also found out we are supposed to get an Owner's kit with the MOPAR '12, but most dealers don't know anything about it. Apparently, sometimes it takes a while to get it, but it seems to be worth looking into.

I got 21+ mpg on the interstate, not quite the 25 mpg advertised. I'm hoping better breathing and a tune will improve this.

#24 ·
i recieved my owners kit when i got the car. there was actually 4 in the trunk, they were for the other cars on the lot. dont know if they were shipped separately and they thru them all in the one car. but the owners kit should be with the car. its pretty nice. i doubt they will send another key fob.

#27 · (Edited)
Posted by hainesm:
The 2013 doesn't have uconnect access, :-(
I know...I would really like access to the UCONNECT Apps. Hoping for a firmware update.

Also, I saw some sweet front strut tower covers on a Challenger forum and found a site that sells them, but I wondered if anybody knows if the 2012 Challenger front strut bolt pattern is the same as the 2012 300? I emailed the website, but the guy said since they specialize in challenger parts he couldn't say for certain about the 300. Here's the part:

2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 Challenger Strut Mount Covers, MO-280002-BL

#28 ·
Got my second key fob

Just picked up my plates at the dealer yesterday and they included my second key fob.

I was also told some regional Chrysler guy was placing the order for my MOPAR owner's kit. Weird considering others have received theirs with the car, but glad to see these things happen quickly.

#29 ·
I use the AIRAID intake on mine. Got the blue dry filter ....sounds good and the color looks good too. I have 5600mi. on the car and took a trip to Fl. over the Holidays. At 75 mph the best mileage was 21.3mpg. My 06' SRT gets about 23mpg but,it has a tune on it. The 391 gears are not for the highway but, I'll bust some ass from the stop lights. :Eyecrazy: I got 2 key fobs when I picked up the car but, had to tell the dealership what the Owners Kit was. About a week later a Chrysler Rep. came to the dealership to meet me and present the kit.:shock:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.