Seat Belt Alarm - Page 2 - Chrysler 300C Forum: 300C & SRT8 Forums
Interested in the Dodge Challenger? Be sure to check out the Dodge Challenger Forum for your Dodge Challenger information!
» Featured Product
» Buyers Guide

» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Chrysler 300C Forum: 300C & SRT8 Forums > Chrysler 300 & All LX Models Forums > 2nd Generation Chrysler 300 Discussion
Register Home Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans

2nd Generation Chrysler 300 Discussion This is the area for discussion of the new 2nd generation Chrysler 300.

300cForums.com is the premier Chrysler 300c Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2013, 10:31 AM   #11 (permalink)
Points: 12,857, Level: 1 Points: 12,857, Level: 1 Points: 12,857, Level: 1
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Car: 2011 Chrysler 300C HEMI W/EVERY OPTION
Member Number: 36494
Quote:
Originally Posted by hainesm View Post
I spend a crap load of money on dry cleaning and I cannot stand showing up for work with a wrinkled dress shirt and tie, due to this I choose not to use my safety belt.
These work wonders for keeping your coat wrinkle free.

Unfortunately there is no way around wrinkles around the belt line and across the chest when using a seat belt.
As a suggestion because this is what I do, I wear my slacks and shoes and a Polo Shirt which still looks professional (In the event you get approached by business partners or colleagues just as you get out of your vehicle or while you are in route to your office) I bring my coat and pressed shirt in a garmet bag and I do a wardrobe change in my office so I maintain a pressed appearance.

To address your original question the chime goes away after a few minutes but your screen between the tach and speedopeter will not display what you have it set to, you will have to press the back button to get it to display, it will eventually go back to the unbuckled seatbelt message. Don't ask me how i know but occasionally i don't wear my seatbelt

Good Luck!

Last edited by Patdow1; 01-14-2013 at 10:42 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2013, 10:39 AM   #12 (permalink)
Points: 8,004, Level: 1 Points: 8,004, Level: 1 Points: 8,004, Level: 1
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Car: 2012 Chrysler 300 SRT8
Member Number: 38072
Quote:
BTW its not a trolling statement when its my post. You could choose not to read it and I disagree with your statement. Your probably one of those liberals who thinks gun rights should be taken away.

Next time just a simple reply when that's all I was asking for would be appreciated.
You also could have said your specific-use statement instead of sounding really arrogant and self-righteous. By default, most of the enthusiast car forums don't persecute; we tend to be a warm and welcoming environment.

There's also been some discussion on 2nd gen belt chimes here. You might either have to short the seatbelt, or maybe find just a buckle, and plug it in for your 1.5 mile commute on the 30MPH road.

And no, I'm a Canadian who goes hunting. Isn't making assumptions fun?

"This car is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

Last edited by toasteroven; 01-14-2013 at 10:40 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-14-2013, 10:55 AM   #13 (permalink)
Points: 4,809, Level: 1 Points: 4,809, Level: 1 Points: 4,809, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Car: 2013 Chrysler 300S AWD w/Safety Tech
Member Number: 42297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patdow1 View Post
These work wonders for keeping your coat wrinkle free.
MAXSA Innovations 20022 Car Butler Wood Hanger for Car : Amazon.com : Automotive

Unfortunately there is no way around wrinkles around the belt line and across the chest when using a seat belt.
As a suggestion because this is what I do, I wear my slacks and shoes and a Polo Shirt which still looks professional (In the event you get approached by business partners or colleagues just as you get out of your vehicle or while you are in route to your office) I bring my coat and pressed shirt in a garmet bag and I do a wardrobe change in my office so I maintain a pressed appearance.

To address your original question the chime goes away after a few minutes but your screen between the tach and speedopeter will not display what you have it set to, you will have to press the back button to get it to display, it will eventually go back to the unbuckled seatbelt message. Don't ask me how i know but occasionally i don't wear my seatbelt

Good Luck!
Thanks that's helpful.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:31 PM   #14 (permalink)
Points: 3,879, Level: 1 Points: 3,879, Level: 1 Points: 3,879, Level: 1

Car: 2012 CHRYSLER 300S V8 RWD
Member Number: 21453
Quote:
thanks! I will look into that procedure to see if it works on gen2's.
It worked on mine.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:44 PM   #15 (permalink)

I would like to confirm the gen1 process does work on a 2013. The seat belt icon does stay on and the lcd screen on the console shows a msg that says the seat belt is undone, you can back out of it but it keeps coming back. For the short time I will be using this I'm happy.

Thanks everyone

To confirm here is what I used:

(Do not step on the brake when pushing the start button in any steps below).
In step 1 below, try tapping the start button once to put the car in ACC mode.
At step 2, tap the button again to put the car in RUN (ON) mode.
Do step 3 as outlined.
In step 4, press the button again to turn the car OFF.

Enhanced Seatbelt Reminder Programming

The seatbelt indicator also includes a programmable enhanced seatbelt reminder or “beltminder” feature that is enabled when the vehicle is shipped from the factory. This beltminder feature provides extended and modified visual seatbelt indicator and audible chime warning responses to an unbuckled driver side front seat belt. The beltminder
feature may be disabled or enabled by the customer using the programming sequence that follows, or by the dealer using a diagnostic scan tool. The following sequence of events must occur within sixty (60) seconds of the ignition switch being placed in the On position in order for the programming to be completed successfully.
1. With the ignition switch in any position except On or Start, buckle the driver side front seat belt.
2. Turn the ignition switch to the On position and wait for the seatbelt indicator reminder function to conclude (about six seconds).
3. Unbuckle and buckle the driver side front seat belt three or more times, ending with the belt buckled.
4. Turn the ignition switch to any position except On or Start to toggle the beltminder feature from its current setting (from active to inactive, or from inactive to active). A single chime tone will provide an audible confirmation that the programming sequence has been successfully completed.

2013 Chrysler 300S AWD in Bright White: (options) SafetyTec, Light Group, Panoramic Sunroof, Uconnect Navigation. MSRP, $41,520
Old 01-15-2013, 09:17 AM   #16 (permalink)
Points: 3,879, Level: 1 Points: 3,879, Level: 1 Points: 3,879, Level: 1

Car: 2012 CHRYSLER 300S V8 RWD
Member Number: 21453
Quote:
I would like to confirm the gen1 process does work on a 2013. The seat belt icon does stay on and the lcd screen on the console shows a msg that says the seat belt is undone, you can back out of it but it keeps coming back. For the short time I will be using this I'm happy.

Thanks everyone

To confirm here is what I used:

(Do not step on the brake when pushing the start button in any steps below).
In step 1 below, try tapping the start button once to put the car in ACC mode.
At step 2, tap the button again to put the car in RUN (ON) mode.
Do step 3 as outlined.
In step 4, press the button again to turn the car OFF.

Enhanced Seatbelt Reminder Programming

The seatbelt indicator also includes a programmable enhanced seatbelt reminder or “beltminder” feature that is enabled when the vehicle is shipped from the factory. This beltminder feature provides extended and modified visual seatbelt indicator and audible chime warning responses to an unbuckled driver side front seat belt. The beltminder
feature may be disabled or enabled by the customer using the programming sequence that follows, or by the dealer using a diagnostic scan tool. The following sequence of events must occur within sixty (60) seconds of the ignition switch being placed in the On position in order for the programming to be completed successfully.
1. With the ignition switch in any position except On or Start, buckle the driver side front seat belt.
2. Turn the ignition switch to the On position and wait for the seatbelt indicator reminder function to conclude (about six seconds).
3. Unbuckle and buckle the driver side front seat belt three or more times, ending with the belt buckled.
4. Turn the ignition switch to any position except On or Start to toggle the beltminder feature from its current setting (from active to inactive, or from inactive to active). A single chime tone will provide an audible confirmation that the programming sequence has been successfully completed.
The reminder on the dash will illuminate everytime the car speed drops to zero, then goes up again.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:23 AM   #17 (permalink)
Points: 12,857, Level: 1 Points: 12,857, Level: 1 Points: 12,857, Level: 1
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Car: 2011 Chrysler 300C HEMI W/EVERY OPTION
Member Number: 36494
Nice Find hainesm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvaldez1 View Post
The reminder on the dash will illuminate everytime the car speed drops to zero, then goes up again.
For Clarification purposes when you say "then goes up again" do you mean that the warning message disappears till you come to a complete stop, then disappears when the vehicle is in motion?

Last edited by Patdow1; 01-15-2013 at 09:30 AM.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:48 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patdow1 View Post
Nice Find hainesm!

For Clarification purposes when you say "then goes up again" do you mean that the warning message disappears till you come to a complete stop, then disappears when the vehicle is in motion?
The warming msg is up all the time until you come to a complete stop, then it goes away. Once you start moving again the msg is back. :-(

Even if you "back" out of the msg its displays again in a minute or less (never timed it).
Old 01-15-2013, 09:50 AM   #19 (permalink)

you could also get one of these:
2pcs Carbon Fiber Car Safty Seat Belt Buckle Alarm Stopper Fit Mazda Dodge BMW | eBay

I'm going to purchase one, this will fix me up. I would really like to see the gas mileage display instead of the warning, it makes me drive slower.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:06 PM   #20 (permalink)
Points: 272, Level: 1 Points: 272, Level: 1 Points: 272, Level: 1
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Car: 2012 Chrysler 300 S
Member Number: 41998
The seat belt reminder was the first "mod" that I did a few months back, but I get sick of the message between the tach and the speedo. I'll have to look into that clip that goes into the buckle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement