Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Seat Belt Alarm

13K views 28 replies 11 participants last post by  hainesm 
#1 ·
In my 08 dodge ram I could disable the darn seat belt alarm, the manual actually told you how to do it. I can't seem to track down how in my 2013 300s, anyone know how to do this?

The dealer told me they wouldn't do it....

Please save the you should always use a safety built replies, I have the right to choose death if I get in a car wreck.

#2 ·
Dealer is the only place.

The seatbelt keeps you in the seat and by extension in control should the car go through some excessive motion, so it's not just your "rights" some of us may have an issue with; a pending accident may be recoverable if you wear your belt. You are also not turned into a flying projectile that can impact other vehicles (and cause other injuries or deaths) should you be thrown clear. It's the same with large dogs. If you don't want us to comment on your opinions, you might want to keep them to yourself and stick to technical-only questions without such a trolling statement.

#3 ·
BTW its not a trolling statement when its my post. You could choose not to read it and I disagree with your statement. Your probably one of those liberals who thinks gun rights should be taken away.

Next time just a simple reply when that's all I was asking for would be appreciated.

#12 · (Edited)
You also could have said your specific-use statement instead of sounding really arrogant and self-righteous. By default, most of the enthusiast car forums don't persecute; we tend to be a warm and welcoming environment.

There's also been some discussion on 2nd gen belt chimes here. You might either have to short the seatbelt, or maybe find just a buckle, and plug it in for your 1.5 mile commute on the 30MPH road.

And no, I'm a Canadian who goes hunting. Isn't making assumptions fun?

#4 ·
Probably the best thing that could happen to you in an accident in which you are unrestrained would be death.

Permanent disability, disfigurment, and monumental medical expenses (some of which might be supported by my insurance premiums) would be a waste.

#6 ·
Your 100% correct in your opinions, death would be the best outcome. However if what your speaking of does happen I'm covered. I have an extremely large life insurance policy and AD&D. I work for a living and do not sponge off our nation. Its enough to take care of my needs in the event something bad happens.

To better explain myself since obviously I need to here. I work 1.5 miles of urban road away from my place of employment. The speed limit is no more then 30 miles and hour and I actually don't break it. I spend a crap load of money on dry cleaning and I cannot stand showing up for work with a wrinkled dress shirt and tie, due to this I choose not to use my safety belt. If I go anywhere else especially the highway it goes on. I understand the importance of this belt more then probably most of you because one saved my life when I flipped over in a canal in Florida.

I've taken measures to protect my family and myself in the event my decision back fires. At the end of the day its my right and I will pay any tickets or penalties for not using the belt.

Now lets move on and I appreciate the people who replied with information.

#8 · (Edited)
You have two options.

1. Perform the same procedure as the 1st gens, the buckle/unbuckle sequence, and the chime will go away...you will have to do this for the driver and passenger seats seperately. You will also have the warning "driver/passenger/front seat(s) belt unbuckled" on the drivers information center on the dash when the vehicle is in motion.

2. Get seatbelt extenders, they are available for purchase, or you can get them for an overweight driver/passenger for free at any dealership.

Good luck, and be safe.

#15 ·
I would like to confirm the gen1 process does work on a 2013. The seat belt icon does stay on and the lcd screen on the console shows a msg that says the seat belt is undone, you can back out of it but it keeps coming back. For the short time I will be using this I'm happy.

Thanks everyone

To confirm here is what I used:

(Do not step on the brake when pushing the start button in any steps below).
In step 1 below, try tapping the start button once to put the car in ACC mode.
At step 2, tap the button again to put the car in RUN (ON) mode.
Do step 3 as outlined.
In step 4, press the button again to turn the car OFF.

Enhanced Seatbelt Reminder Programming

The seatbelt indicator also includes a programmable enhanced seatbelt reminder or “beltminder” feature that is enabled when the vehicle is shipped from the factory. This beltminder feature provides extended and modified visual seatbelt indicator and audible chime warning responses to an unbuckled driver side front seat belt. The beltminder
feature may be disabled or enabled by the customer using the programming sequence that follows, or by the dealer using a diagnostic scan tool. The following sequence of events must occur within sixty (60) seconds of the ignition switch being placed in the On position in order for the programming to be completed successfully.
1. With the ignition switch in any position except On or Start, buckle the driver side front seat belt.
2. Turn the ignition switch to the On position and wait for the seatbelt indicator reminder function to conclude (about six seconds).
3. Unbuckle and buckle the driver side front seat belt three or more times, ending with the belt buckled.
4. Turn the ignition switch to any position except On or Start to toggle the beltminder feature from its current setting (from active to inactive, or from inactive to active). A single chime tone will provide an audible confirmation that the programming sequence has been successfully completed.

#19 ·
#23 ·
#24 ·
I got my 2012 300 Limited in January 2012. The dealer couldn't find a seat belt extender listed for it. I found the procedure described above and the salesman did it for me because I couldn't. I think it disabled both front seats. It still shows the message on the little screen. It can be removed with the > button but it comes back each time I slow down. I bought an extender from Casual Male online. It worked for a while and then would not click in. I since had gastric bypass surgery, lost a lot of weight and now use the seat belt all the time but I don't want the bell turned back on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.