Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Front end options for Gen II? Post your pics!

16K views 25 replies 15 participants last post by  thrifty 
#1 ·
So you may have read in another thread that a friend's front end got smashed. He has a 2012 base model. I'm finding out that the aftermarket is not as large for the Gen II's as it is for us Gen I guys. I'm trying to help him out finding something pretty slick for the front fascia.

Couple questions (excuse my ignorance, I know Gen I's inside out, but Gen II's... ugh...) - first, as far as OEM options, I assume there is the S and SRT front fascias, correct? And would these bolt up to a v6 base model? If not, what is required? (I know Gen I v6's have different headlights, etc.)

And secondly, what aftermarket options are there?????? I can find slim to none. No Grip? My buddy found a duraflex one from ilovebodykits dot com - but I'm not so sure about it.

So, what's out there fellas?? Post some pics of your Gen II front ends please! And any advice about the conversion is greatly appreciated. :fing02:

PS - and while we are at it, he'll be getting a new hood too. So anybody gone aftermarket on their Gen II hood yet?

#2 · (Edited)
In my opinion the SRT/Luxury Edition http://www.300cforums.com/forums/2n...limited-edition-luxury-edition-2013-300c.html is the way to go! Aesthetically the S front facia is no different than the rest of the 300 line up aside from the monochrome bumper accents.
The main thing to keep in mind when considering upgrading the front facia will be the ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) sensor and the fogs. Other than that everything should bolt right up to the base model.

Aftermarket for the II Gen is slim at the moment. Grip has something out but only photoshop renderings are available at the moment http://cadillac.griptuning.com/newkit-chrysler.jpg.

CarId is a good source for other options as well.

There are a few lip choices out there in case your buddy is interested in going that route.
-- 2nd gen 300 front lips --

Trucarbon.net has a hood option 2011-2013 300 Carbon Fiber A71 HOOD

#5 ·
In my opinion the SRT/Luxury Edition http://www.300cforums.com/forums/2n...limited-edition-luxury-edition-2013-300c.html is the way to go! Aesthetically the S front facia is no different than the rest of the 300 line up aside from the monochrome bumper accents.
The main thing to keep in mind when considering upgrading the front facia will be the ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) sensor and the fogs. Other than that everything should bolt right up to the base model.

Aftermarket for the II Gen is slim at the moment. Grip has something out but only photoshop renderings are available at the moment http://cadillac.griptuning.com/newkit-chrysler.jpg.

CarId is a good source for other options as well.

There are a few lip choices out there in case your buddy is interested in going that route.
-- 2nd gen 300 front lips --

Trucarbon.net has a hood option 2011-2013 300 Carbon Fiber A71 HOOD
Thanks for all of the info. Sweet hood - but I think probably out of his price range. I love Gen I Grip stuff - any idea when rendering will become reality? He needs something now, unfortunately. Good idea on the lips - that's an easy backup later add-on if he's forced to go with a stock front end.
It's still pretty early for a lot of mods to come out. I remember how long I had to wait for the aftermarket to catch up with the 1st gen cars!

Take a look at some of the SF 2013 picture threads, Kyle. That may give you some ideas.
Yeah, that's why I waited until '09 to buy my Gen I! j/k The aftermarket was just waiting for ME. ;) Good idea - I'll check the SF threads... problem is that I've seen some in pictures but have no idea what kind they are.
That duraflex brizio kit is nice IMO......
Funny thing - I googled that kit and went to some extreme dimensions site and that kit looks great! ...

But the funny thing is that I just realized it's the same kit that he was looking at from that ilovebodykits website - so I realized how BAD the other pictures were. Looks so much better in these pics here.

So thrifty, do you have this kit? Or do you know how the fitment is? Thanks.

So they're asking $440 for that Duraflex Brizio.

They also have a Duraflex "SRT Look" for $240...

So does anybody know how much an OEM SRT fascia costs? And who might have the best price?

Thanks for the input everybody. :fing02:

Still surprised nobody has posted a pic of an aftermarket Gen II front end?!?! I know SOMEBODY has done it!!!

#8 ·
Thanks again for help everybody.

So after more research I continue to be shocked at how few options there are. Or at least that I can find.

The first strange thing - tell me if I'm wrong - there is really only two OEM fascias... either the SRT or not. Correct? Now I'm only talking fascia - I know the grills and fogs and ACC and parking sensors, etc can vary. But as far as the fascia itself, they are all the same - regardless if it's a base model, the C, the C Luxury, the Varvatos, the S, the Glacier - they all have the exact same fascia it appears. Am I crazy?? Can someone confirm this please?

Here are the two OEM options if I am correct...

OEM non-SRT

OEM SRT

**** ^^^^ I like how the "smile" of the lower middle vent on the non-SRT turns into an "evil frown" on the SRT!!! ;)

Now as far as price, the insurance adjuster set the value of his wrecked 300 base fascia at $325. From the best I can find, an OE replacement SRT fascia is as low as $270, while the non-SRT OE replacement is as low as $225.

Side thought... so the first thing that comes to mind is - I don't know why all of you Gen II guys haven't at least put an SRT fascia on! That's crazy cheap - and not much difference in price from the standard non-SRT fascia. As a matter of fact, the non-SRT fascia with parking sensor, etc is about $250... only $20 cheaper than an SRT fascia! Crazy. I hope I'm not reading all of this wrong.

Back on topic... So if he gets $325 for his wrecked bumper, obviously an OE replacement SRT fascia for $270 is an easy way to go (as long as it bolts up, which it appears to since they all look so similar, but I'd still like to get some confirmation on this).

Now that we have the factory options settled (or do we?), when it comes to aftermarket all I can find are three: Duraflex, Xenon, and Grip.

Duraflex has two options - I posted these earlier... the Brizio for $440...

Or the Duraflex SRT look for $240...

Xenon has one option for $400...

Grip isn't out yet apparently and all I can find is a price for the whole kit at $1950...

So, am I missing anything? Or are these the only options? And I'd LOVE to see this on a REAL person's car!! Anybody?

And I'll also take opinions on which way he should go - since he's getting $325 for his stock wrecked fascia, I believe all of these options are well within budget. Thanks :fing02:

#12 ·
Most of them come unpainted. Some places offer painting for additional charge... I don't think any of these listed above though. Although some come primed and ready for paint.... but as we all know, they often need modification to fit - so getting one pre-painted is probably not best.
Paint depends a lot on the color, brand and quality of the shop doing it. You are likely to pay $400-700 make sure its a good shop that does a lot of collision work cause they will have more exp on color matching so your not driving around with an off color bumper.
Absolutely. A big chunk of my buddy's insurance estimate goes to repainting - so all of that cost will be covered. Don't think it changes anything if he swaps a stock fascia for an aftermarket - they both take about the same amount of paint (and he also will need a hood and fender painted same time)
$900! For a srt8 front bumper here in Toronto :(
Ouch!

STILL - no Gen II's have an aftermarket front end???? I want some pics! :yikes:

#13 ·
that sounds really cheaper for the srt bumper, I'm going to look into this as I have a body shop giving me a quote to paint the chrome around the doors and the grill. Might as well have them replace the bumper at the same time.

#14 ·
That's what I thought too. That's why I was hoping for some confirmation on this. But if you search all of the Mopar parts places (moparonlineparts.com / moparpartz.com / etc etc) they all appear to offer OE replacement SRT fascias that cheap... while they sell the Gen I SRT fascias for twice as much. ??

#15 · (Edited)
^plus shipping and thats assuming that you can still reuse your belly pan and plastic fender wells. One more thing. At this moment Chrysler doesn't manufacture fascias without the parksense sensors AND you would also need to purchase new fog light bezels as well as the lower grille. Add paint on top and and it will get spendy.

Edit: I forgot to mention that he is going to need fog lights to fill in the holes in the foglight covers as well as the parksense sensors themselves.

#24 ·
Wow, love the vertical doors didn't know they were available for the new shape yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.