Program 2013 300 key fob for driver settings - Chrysler 300C Forum: 300C & SRT8 Forums
2nd Generation Chrysler 300 Discussion This is the area for discussion of the new 2nd generation Chrysler 300.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-25-2013, 09:12 PM Thread Starter
Points: 286, Level: 1 Points: 286, Level: 1 Points: 286, Level: 1
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Car: 2013 Chrysler 300c
Question Program 2013 300 key fob for driver settings

I have read the manual regarding setting the driver seat memory functions and have successfully programmed the #1 and #2 buttons, but I can't seem to get the RKE key fob to do anything except unlock the doors, trunk, etc. As I understand the directions, one first selects the setting (#1 or #2) then, while the ignition is in the "Off" setting, first press "S", then the number (#1 or #1), and then, within ten seconds, press the lock button on the fob. Like an idiot, I have tried this over and over, even though it doesn't seem to work. I have also tried doing this with the ignition in "Acc" and also in "Run" without success, whether the engine is running or not. In the first edition of the 300, I am aware that setting this function was said to be much more complicated, but I must be missing something with my 2013 "C."
Any thoughts would be appreciated!
2ward2 -- Happy 300C owner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-25-2013, 11:03 PM
Elite Contributing Member
Points: 41,006, Level: 1 Points: 41,006, Level: 1 Points: 41,006, Level: 1
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

Car: 2005 (now 2013) Chrysler 300C
Go into your 8.4 screen settings for Doors and Locks and make sure Personal Settings to Fob is checked.

Then try linking the button to the key.

I recall having the same trouble until I did that.

Mods (2005 C): Stereo only, PAC SNI, Peripheral CHYX, XM Commander, AudioControl four.1, MTX TA5604, MTX TA5601, Polk MMC6500, Polk MMC690, JL CS212R-W0 (2013 C): None..........yet
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-26-2013, 12:24 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Cool V 300C. I checked to be sure, and had already checked the proper place. I might have accidentally stumbled on a possible answer. I have two fobs that work as desired, but we purchased a spare. That is not accepting a link to the driver's adjustments, but it does unlock doors, etc. I vaguely recall seeing somewhere (possibly in the instructions) that only two fobs can be linked. Can anyone verify that? In the meantime, I will leave the non-linked fob on the key rack.
2ward2

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-26-2013, 02:21 PM
Chrysler Customer Service Agent
Points: 6,400, Level: 1 Points: 6,400, Level: 1 Points: 6,400, Level: 1
Activity: 24% Activity: 24% Activity: 24%

Car:
DRIVER MEMORY SEAT —
This feature allows the driver to store up to two different memory profiles for easy recall through a memory switch. Each memory profile contains desired position settings for the driver seat, side mirrors, adjustable pedals (if equipped), and power tilt and telescopic steering column (if equipped) and a set of desired radio station presets. Your Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter can also be programmed to recall the same positions when the UNLOCK button is pressed.

NOTE:
• Only one RKE transmitter can be linked to each of the memory positions.
• Passive Entry door handles cannot be linked to the memory function. Use either the memory recall switch or the RKE transmitter (if linked to the memory feature) to recall memory positions 1 or 2.

The memory seat switch is located on the driver’s door trim panel. The switch consists of three buttons: The (S) button, which is used to activate the memory save function and the (1) and (2) buttons which are used to recall either of two pre-programmed memory profiles.

Programming The Memory Feature
To create a new memory profile, perform the following:
1. Place the ignition into the RUN position.
2. Adjust all memory profile settings to desired preferences (i.e., seat, side mirror, adjustable pedals [if equipped], power tilt and telescopic steering column [if equipped], and radio station presets).
3. Press and release the S (Set) button on the memory switch.
4. Within five seconds, press and release either of the memory buttons (1) or (2). The Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) will display which memory position has been set.

NOTE:
• Memory profiles can be set without the vehicle in PARK, but the vehicle must be in PARK to recall a memory profile.
• The Recall Memory with Remote Key Unlock feature can be enabled through the Uconnect® System, refer to Uconnect® Settings” in “Understanding Your Instrument Panel” for further information.

Linking And Unlinking The Remote Keyless Entry Transmitter To Memory

Your RKE transmitters can be programmed to recall one of two pre-programmed memory profiles by pressing the UNLOCK button on the RKE transmitter.

To program your RKE transmitters, perform the following:
1. Remove the Key Fob from the ignition (or change the ignition to OFF, for vehicles equipped with Keyless Enter-N-Go).
2. Select desired memory profile (1) or (2). The system will recall any stored settings for this profile. Wait for the system to complete the memory recall before continuing to Step 3.
3. Once the profile has been recalled, press and release the SET (S) button on the memory switch, then press and release button (1) or (2) accordingly. “Memory Profile Set” (1 or 2) will display in the instrument cluster on vehicles equipped with the EVIC.
4. Press and release the LOCK button on the RKE transmitter within 10 seconds.

NOTE: Your RKE transmitters can be unlinked to your memory settings by following steps 1-4 above and pressing the UNLOCK button (instead of LOCK) on the RKE transmitter in Step 4.

Memory Position Recall
NOTE: The vehicle must be in PARK to recall memory positions. If a recall is attempted when the vehicle is not in PARK, a message will display in the EVIC (if equipped).

To recall the memory settings for driver one, press MEMORY button number (1) on the driver’s door or the UNLOCK button on the RKE transmitter linked to memory position 1.

To recall the memory setting for driver two, press MEMORY button number (2) on the driver’s door or the UNLOCK button on the RKE transmitter linked to memory position 2.

A recall can be cancelled by pressing any of the MEMORY buttons (S, 1, or 2) on the driver’s door during a recall. When a recall is cancelled, the driver seat, side mirror, adjustable pedals (if equipped), and power tilt and telescopic steering column (if equipped) stop moving. A delay of one second will occur before another recall can be selected.

Easy Entry/Exit Seat (Available With Memory Seat Only)
This feature provides automatic driver seat positioning to enhance driver mobility when entering and exiting the vehicle.

The distance the driver seat moves depends on where you have the driver seat positioned when you remove the Key Fob from the ignition (or change the ignition to OFF, for vehicles equipped with Keyless Enter-N-Go).

• When you remove the Key Fob from the ignition (or change the ignition to OFF, for vehicles equipped with Keyless Enter-N-Go), the driver seat will move about 2.4 in (60 mm) rearward if the driver seat position is greater than or equal to 2.7 in (67.7 mm) forward of the rear stop. The seat will return to its previously set position when you place the ignition into the ACC or RUN position.
• When you remove the Key Fob from the ignition (or change the ignition to OFF, for vehicles equipped with Keyless Enter-N-Go), the driver seat will move to a position 0.3 in (7.7 mm) forward of the rear stop if the driver seat position is between 0.9 in and 2.7 in (22.7 mm and 67.7 mm) forward of the rear stop. The seat will return to its previously set position when you place the ignition to the ACC or RUN position.
• The Easy Entry/Easy Exit feature is disabled when the driver seat position is less than 0.9 in (22.7 mm) forward of the rear stop. At this position, there is no benefit to the driver by moving the seat for Easy Exit or Easy Entry.

Each stored memory setting will have an associated Easy Entry and Easy Exit position.

NOTE: The Easy Entry/Easy Exit feature can be enabled or disabled using the Uconnect® System, refer to “Uconnect® Settings” in “Understanding Your Instrument Panel” for further information.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChryslerCares For This Useful Post:
2ward2 (09-27-2013), BigIronRam (09-26-2013)
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-26-2013, 05:12 PM
Elite Contributing Member
Points: 41,006, Level: 1 Points: 41,006, Level: 1 Points: 41,006, Level: 1
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

Car: 2005 (now 2013) Chrysler 300C
2ward2,

You are correct. Two keys can't be linked to a single preset. I read the same thing. I'm assuming you'll be taking the third key with you when you leave the car.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-27-2013, 10:04 AM Thread Starter

To the Service Agent:
Thanks for your response, which seems to be taken directly from the handbook/manual.
As you will note above, I had not paid sufficient attention to the part that reads, "Only one RKE transmitter can be linked to each of the memory positions." Now, that I understand that restriction, the failure to link the remaining fob is understandable. From my perspective, the question has been answered.
Thanks to all,
2ward2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement