Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Wheels and lowering options for 2nd gens

73K views 43 replies 19 participants last post by  driftsucky 
#1 · (Edited)
I’ve done a lot searching for aftermarket wheels on our cars on here and google, but I haven’t had much luck and most of the results I do get are 1st gen. I’d like to start a thread for the 2nd genners who have swapped out rims and/or lowered their cars to post their info so we can have it all in one easy to find location. Hopefully I’m not overstepping my bounds, but I think this could be really helpful. We should probably keep it as simple as possible, so please just post pics and specs of your rims, tires, lowering springs, etc and keep the discussion to a minimum. I’ll post any of the pics I am able to find here on the first post….

EDIT: Just found this site with LOTS of options! Start here... http://goforahemi.com/id58.html

MOZ Hampton 22"

??

??

Forge FR10DC 22"

Forgiato ?? 22"

Vossen CV1 22"

Versante 212 22"

Vossen CV1? 22"

Vossen CV3 22"

??

22" Lexani CVX 55

22" Asanti AF162

22" VC29 CR

24″ F2.09-ECX Forgiato

22" Factory Reproduction Charger Replicas

22" DUB Push

See less See more
#2 ·
I don't have a pic handy, but I lowered my '12 SRT with the Mopar lowering springs. No issues so far.

#5 ·
Looking at his clearance, I am sure he had to roll his fenders. But since he's on Mopar lowering springs, I am sure he has no suspension issues. Also note that SRT models have a bit more front clearance on the upper arm for larger diameter or wider wheels than base models.

#9 ·
Love it Thrifty! I am actually looking into set of those in chrome or black for my car. Yours is the first I've seen with them. What brand/size tires did you go with?

#15 ·
you remove the isoloators to achieve a lower stance.

That said, anyone know the spring rate differences between 1st and 2nd gens? I ask because I've noticed that the springs/coilovers/air-ride will bolt up directly between 1st and 2nd gens. I'd imagine there isn't a significant difference in spring rate, and thusly a kit such as...say...BC, could be taking off a 06 and put on a 12 with no long term issues. (long term cuz I've done that so I know the bolt-on-ability is there).

#17 ·
#18 ·
wow just a spring drop on 22" is very nice. it does not look like it needs to be lower. It really completes the car, unlike other cars that do not look low enough on a spring drop, it looks very adequate on the 300.

and as a fyi for those afraid of issues on a simple lowering spring, for the most part u will not have problems. It's only problematic when u start to go lower on coilovers. That's when u start hitting things.

#25 ·
it all depends on how low you want to go bro. as of right now, I'm also in you shoes bout lowering spring or the coilover system. the lowering spring is preset and if you like how meow-mix cars look like on 22'' then go for it( it might not look like that if you on 20s") but if you're thinking about going lower in the future for shows or whatever then your best bet is the coilovers. it would be a stiffer ride for both system. you can also choose your own spring rate on certain sites with that option. once you figure out which system you want to run then its on to tires and wheel spec. hope that helps.

#26 · (Edited)
Couple things 1: Every picture that Simans has up of his cars on the forums is bagged. The S (2011 2nd gen) did end up on BC Coilovers but if you didn't know him, good luck finding pics of it. There may be 1 or 2 floating around somewhere. He has a build thread on another site that might have it in there. But, it's not NEARLY as low as his bagged park height.

2) Coil overs are adjustable, but I wouldn't assume that you're going to be changing ride height all too often. To adjust them, you have to pull the wheels off. It's physically possible to adjust most with the front wheels turned but it's a PITA that I doubt anyone would realistically do. And unless you lift the rear to allow the rear wheels to droop, you can't fit in the rear.

3) A quality coilover system isn't going to impact ride quality until you are lowered an extreme amount. And even at that, it will be minimal if done correctly. In my C, I had over a 4 inch drop and it was still very comfortable. obviously, being that close to the ground, I felt more stuff, but the ride itself was fine. The reason springs offer a slightly harsher ride is because, with that, you're taking a shorter spring and compressing the shock more. There's less travel meaning less rebound which is what contributes to a rougher ride. With a coil over system, you're typically getting a shorter shock body to begin with so that shorter spring is mated to something comparable. That's why the ride typically isn't impacted. Many systems also have a dampening setting (soft or hard).

If it's in your budget, the coilover system is the way to go just because of that. The adjustable ride height is really just a bonus, because honestly, most people set it and forget it. If you're not setting up for the stance scene, I see no reason why you'd continually adjust and dial in to try to squeeze every possible bit of low out of your ride. We're OCD like that...but I wouldn't recommend it.

#29 ·
I would personally go with a set of aftermarket eibach struts and the sportline lowering springs. Using your oem struts
with aftermarket lowering springs will damage your oem struts really fast. The oem struts were not designed to run
at a compressed strut travel.

a lot of the multi level multi way coilovers can sometimes be too much of a hassle because u have to get the strut body adjustments all at the same level setting..... and often times these asian made items are never tested for longevity and durability.

the goal would be to keep it as close to factory feel with a nice comfortable lowered stance all while knowing your set up is durable. Most of these coilovers are good for about 1 to 2 years before they start to make weird noises and start to lose it's resilience.

#31 ·
Thanks guys for all the input.I think I will go the strut and sportline springs as apposed to the coilovers.I really want the ride as well as the durability.I don't want toi be banging my head against a wall in a couple years wondering why I didn't go a certain way when I start hearing clunks and other noises.I don't know yet if I need to remove the isolators as really low isn't what I am trying to accomplish,just closing the gap between fender and wheel..Havent yet decided size yet but once all is said and done I WILL post pics.I just want to make sure its the proper stance im looking for and with no rubbing issues....want to do it right the first time..:drive:

#32 ·
make sure u get a good price...about 400 to 500 for both strut and springs are a good start since the coilovers run about 900 on ebay. In fact, call eibach and see what kinda of warranty they will provide when used in conjunction with each other. After all, they are both eibach products. the goal here is to drive the car as close to stock feel and durability for years to come without having lame reliability issues.

#34 ·
I am wondering peoples thoughts on the following; I went to a tyre and suspension place today and equired about lowering a 2013 chrysler 300c. He said to me that he has done heaps of them by compressing the springs. About 35mm drop front and 40mm rear. He said the ride wouldn't change as the springs are the same and tjere is plenty of travel. Im a bit skeptical about compressing springs. Does anyone have any thoughts? Cost of around $350.

#36 ·
Well I just lowered my 2014 300 with the eibach pro kit springs and WOW, this is how the car should have been released stock. Performance wise when driving is like night and day and now the hardest part is pulling the trigger on some rims. I have been shopping for the last 2 weeks and i just don't know :-(

I don't want the car to look to dubbish however some 24's look great on it but staggered 22's with a fat lip all chrome is where i think I am going to land and the first pic of this post with the MOZ rims look classy. The problem I am having is making the car still look good for a business man presence however cool for the street crowd.. any other pics of some new styles for 2015 out there on the 2nd gen 300's.. I need to get some rims like yesterday so I can move on in my life lol! LOL

#39 ·
Lowering my Chrysler 300S AWD

Hello, I'm new to this forum, and I need some advice. I have a Chrysler 300S AWD 5.7 and I would like to lower it to get rid of the fender gap (Popular topic I see) but no one makes lowering springs for an AWD. I did find Petters does make springs but my car would be slammed all the way around to 26.4 inches from the ground to the fender, that way to low. I looking at getting 22's as well. I want 255/35/22, but I'm being told 265/30/22 will better (No rubbing unless I roll the fenders).

Any help, advice would be could. I basically from a visual standpoint want my 300S to sit like an SRT, can anybody help me with this transformation?

Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.