Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Grill Inserts for 2013 300

5K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  mackguy 
#1 ·
I am interested in a grill mod for my 2013 Chrysler 300. I do not want to go to the trouble of dropping the front fascia to install a full grill. Please let me know the best and most popular insert grills that have been used by members . Many thanks.

#3 ·
You do need to drop the front bumper. It might seem daunting but it's a quick job. I won't bother writing out how to do it when there is you tube clips on it but 10 minutes and is done

#4 ·
As said, in order to change the insert you'd have to remove the grille which requires dropping the fascia. But it's not hard. I didn't want to do it either but it's pretty quick. Getting the old grille out was actually a lot harder than taking the fascia off.

#5 ·
I actually found some "bolt over" grill inserts that do not involve dropping the front fascia. You remove the plastic radiator cover by popping the plastic fasteners, then pull off the chrome horizontal bars from the front of the grille. The insert is attached on top of the remaining factory grill by reaching in behind the grill and tightening some wing bolts. Replace the radiator cover, and you are done. This should take well under an hour. There is a you tube video on this. I have located a few of these "bolt over" inserts from Grill4U and some others. I was wondering what the experience of members has been with the "bolt overs", and was hoping for some pix. Thanks.

#6 ·
If there's youtube videos that will be your best bet. On mine I sure didn't see any way to remove the chrome horizontal bars without first removing the grille and to remove the grille you have to remove the Fascia... As I said removing the fascia was a LOT easier than getting the grille out.

Give it a try and let us know how it works out.

#10 ·
I've looked at those grill overlays as well. I have SafetTec and therefore absolutely no willingness to pull my front bumper off.

They're reasonably priced if you shop around, and they sure look good in the photos. I just can't quite bring myself to order one until I see one in person, but I know there are people on this forum who have them. Do a search for "grille" and you'll find at least one thread with photos of a few different ones. I like the Jaguar-looking chrome wire mesh ones, but there are some plain aluminum horizontal bar ones that also look pretty good to my eye.

#12 ·
#13 ·
Interesting, I've seen both of those but just assumed they replaced the center section, not went over it.

I'm happy with the one I got still, and glad I learned how to take the fascia off. Coming from working on mostly older cars it's crazy how just a few plastic clips are all the holds the entire front of the car on!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.