Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

2012 C Chrome delete options...

10K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  604_mike 
#1 ·
It's been quite a while since I was active on this forum, and I wasn't that active back then, so I apologize if this is in the wrong area...

I recently picked up a black 2012 300C. I have owned a 2006 base model for years and I know the trim model differences in the 1st gen quite well, but I am rather uneducated in the trim differences in the 2nd gen and newer. The reason I'm trying to sort it out is because while I was actually searching for a 300S V8, I came across too good of a deal on a 300C to pass up. Now, I want to start the process of swapping all the chrome trim and don't know what model years I can pull from. I'd like to swap for the black S model headlights, front and rear bumper trim, door handles, mirrors, etc. I'd like to try and to a swap with all factory parts before I resort to vinyl wrapping all the parts.

In a perfect world I'd like to find an S owner that would like some chrome that doesn't live too far from Cincinnati, meet up, and spend a day swapping parts. I don't know how realistic that would be, so any and all info on the subject would be appreciated.

-Aaron

#5 ·
Best answer is, buy the primed parts from a dealer (Find a friend for discount) and paint them. Its hard to find a "pulled part" since most don't sell painted ones, only chrome. Don't try to paint the chrome, it wont hold unless you strip to plastic which usually ends up damaging the part.

#6 ·
I have a 2013 S and went the other way from what you are doing and here is what I learned. The after market fit of parts is CRAPPY you need OEM ones. All years from 2012-2014 will interchange the 2015 tail lights, rear bumper cover, trim etc is different so unless you swap the works it will not work, even then still not certain but I would be surprised if during a mid model refresh they changed the rear fenders for example as that would be too expensive to do.

#9 ·
That I know of the factory mirrors are not covers as such. The aftermarket chrome covers are larger and go over the stock mirror housing but the factory chrome mirrors as an example are not an external cover but a different mirror from the painted version the chrome part sits flush. I would believe you would have to buy the complete mirror assembly for a painted one then have the fun of talking the door apart to install it. Same goes for the door handles by the way.

#14 ·
was looking for the same thing. i have a 2014 300 and am not a fan of the chrome but like the car itself. i can live with the chrome but think having it all blacked out would be better any advice on where i can get just primed parts or how to achieve this with out dipping or wrapping

#15 ·
Here is what I've found. You can find the part #'s for 300S black primer parts but I found them to be roughly 6 times the cost of the chrome pieces.

After checking here I found the chrome comes right off in a bath of muriatic acid. Shop Crown 1-Gallon Muriatic Acid at Lowes.com

Read this thread: http://www.300cforums.com/forums/custom-paint-graphics/91875-painting-chrome-black.html

I just ordered some some new bumper molding from: https://www.rockauto.com/
Part # 68127941AB & 68127940AB, $30 with shipping and once I get them I'm going to run them up to my paint guy and see if he would prefer me to strip them with the acid or see if he has a way that he feels would work better.

Once I get those done, I will proceed with the grill and mirrors.

#17 ·
Now I was planning on getting some chrome parts and sanding them down and painting them to see how they would turn out. Then while searching google I found a thread on the lx forum saying the black trim from a magnum fits the older 300's. Made me think does anyone know if the 2014 shares the same trim with any other mopar that I can just order their factory trim and swap out. Before I go threw the trouble of painting window trim I might as well see if there are some oem ones I can get. I will still have to paint the body chrom but the less I have to paint the better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.