Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

2nd Gen trade in values

3K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  pw300c 
#1 ·
Have any of you done a feeler or traded in a 2nd gen to a dealer (hey, I rhymed!)? Kind of curious as to how these cars are received when it goes time to trade them in (or sell private party). I keep my cars pretty spotless and it only has 7,500 miles, so that helps.

When I traded in my G8GT for this car, it literally lasted one day on their lot before it was snatched up.

#2 ·
i bought my 2nd gen 2011 chrysler 300c with sunroof and 38k miles for $17,000 (private party). i got it for super cheap because the condition of the car was poor.. driver seat doesnt move (only reclines) car was in an accident so it had one halogen headlight and one HID. adaptive cruise control no longer works. lots of dings, scratches, and a couple cigarette burns. At the time, most 2011-2012 300c's were going for about 25k. i'd assume trade-in value would be near 18k

#4 ·
I bought my 2013 John Varvatos Limited Edition with 30K miles for $28K, $2K under book in Maryland. I bought it in Dec of 2014 and it retailed for $52K when it was new. I also got it cheaper because it was a demo car since factory, never privately owned. I hate chrome and love that all the spots what was chrome is gun metal gray. A V6 standard model will suffer resale value. The V8 will too but not as much. I put 4K miles on mine in 7 months and I could sell it now for $30K. I have been told that the limited JV models will retain the upper 20's for a long time. They are close to owning a SRT as you may see they keep their value for a long time.

Johnny K.

#5 ·
I'd like to get 24k on a trade-in for my car. V8, panny roof, nav, Beats audio, very low mileage. Maybe the radar red interior will work in my favor!

I still like the car and I love my whorehouse red (my mom's term) seats, but those new Scat Pack Challenger are calling me.

#8 · (Edited)
Don't be surprised if you get significantly less than what you are expecting. I just purchased a 2013 300C V8 AWD Luxury Edition that was fully loaded (safety tech, Harman Kardon audio, parnaramic sunroof), for $26.5k from a dealership less than 3 weeks ago. The car had just about 38k miles on it and was near pristine, not a single blemish. Also, this was a certified pre-owned vehicle as well, which does cost the dealer a bit extra to have it inspected and classified as CPO.

For those looking to purchase, shop around a bit and find a good deal. They are out there but you have to be patient and search diligently.

Best of luck on your trade in. Also, regarding what makes business sense to the dealer; keep in mind that they have to pay taxes on the purchase, inspect the vehicle, clean and detail it, insurance it on the lot, and pay commissions as well as book a small profit on the sale. All this will be factored into the trade in price they quote you.

#9 ·
Recent Purchase Price and Link to Valuation Portal

Not sure if this helps but just purchased a used 22m mile 2014 C AWD with every option except the HK, has the Beats system. Ask was $28995, sold for $27,995. SO i would guess the dealers auction purchase was around $24.5 tko $25k. Black book has that car running at about $23.8k. Check out Clearbook on the web, you plug in your specs and miles and it shows transactional purchase averages and the going Black book number . Sorry its my first post so the system won't allow me to include a link. Hope it helps you.

#10 ·
Values:

Used Car Prices - Get Local, Regional and National Used Car Values | Clearbook by TrueCar

Not sure if this helps but just purchased a used 22m mile 2014 C AWD with every option except the HK, has the Beats system. Ask was $28995, sold for $27,995. SO i would guess the dealers auction purchase was around $24.5 tko $25k. Black book has that car running at about $23.8k. Check out Clearbook on the web, you plug in your specs and miles and it shows transactional purchase averages and the going Black book number . Sorry its my first post so the system won't allow me to include a link. Hope it helps you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.