Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

2015 tail light retrofit?

43K views 36 replies 22 participants last post by  Braiden0 
#1 ·
Wondering if it's possible / feasible to retrofit the 2015 tails into our older cars. Mine has the optional rear fog light option, don't recall offhand which package that was a part of.

TIA,

#6 ·
If you're on Instagram, look up the user j.work8. He's out of the middle east, but he has a 2012 SRT8 that he's converted the tails to 2015's. And yes, he had to get the new bumper. I think he also did the 15 SRT front and now he's doing metal widebody (it doesn't look wider, but trust, it is).

#13 ·
Hey,

I hope this helps. Its pretty self explanatory. I cannot take credit for getting this information together. I had help from a member on LXF.

The biggest problem you will have is sourcing the 8 pin connector! You cannot buy it through Chrysler. Well you can, but you have to buy a whole harness at upwards of 500+ bucks.

HOWEVER! I've found a solution. This trailer harness: CURT Manufacturing - CURT Custom Wiring Harness #56235 comes with the connectors needed.

Attachments

#14 ·
So splicing the lights to work with the new connectors. Properly.. as you would think. Turn signal to turn signal, etc.

You would assume they would work.

They don't. So you have to get creative to get them to work. Lets just say, a few diodes and a single pin. It's not too hard to figure out, but if anyone gets serious and does the swap I'll be happy to help.

#15 ·
As for drilling the hole. Thats fun.

And big. If you ever do the mod, you'll see what I mean. It needs to be big enough to fit the whole black piece through. And then you need to make a spacer to hug everything together.

Like I said, if you ever do it you'll see what I mean. Its not hard, you just need some balls to drill into your car. LOL

Hopefully I can get this done in time for we are mopar!

#27 ·
Wondering if it's possible / feasible to retrofit the 2015 tails into our older cars. Mine has the optional rear fog light option, don't recall offhand which package that was a part of.

TIA,
It appears there's a reasonably priced option for 2011 - 2014 owners today. If I still had my 2013, I'd being doing this. It appears this also accommodates the rear fog light option as it has an additional harness.

#29 ·
This option seems better then actually drilling the holes in your car and less complicated with sourcing the connections and so fourth. My question is tho how would you add the side markers for the newer look? Does the newer bumper fit the older model or will I have to use the new bumper? Or can I add the side markers? I have to 2014 300s and want it looking like the newer models

#28 ·
Hey what’s going on I have a 14 300c 5.7 I’m doing the rear 15 conversion and wanted to know how tails were wired. I ordered 15+ plugs with wiring from the dealer just that it’s 6 pin to 8 pin. I’ve read the thread and it didn’t go into details. Figure I reach out to figure out the wiring.

thanks