Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

spark plugs on the hemi

15K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Jim777 
#1 ·
Any of you guys change the plugs on the hemi at every 32,000 miles or do you go longer between changes?

#2 ·
I change the plugs (& fluids) according to the maintenance schedule. Plugs are cheap and you can do it yourself.

#3 ·
At my first plug change I went from the OEM copper plugs to platinum at 42K miles. No regrets now at 80K miles, and not anticipating the next change until 142K miles.

#4 ·
I put oem plugs LZFR5C-11 in at 42,000 my wife and I did it on a Sunday after noon in couple of hours. I really wanted iridium or platinum to get longer life but could not find them for the V8 Hemi. Thread size was different.

I have changed enough plugs in my life w/ 5000 mile changes now I am good for 100000 miles on plugs.

Plugs can do it if I can fit the holes but my wife says using a hammer to hammer them is just won't do.

If anyone has a good part number that would be great.

#5 ·
#7 ·
Right now on rockauto.com you can get Autolite double platinum (APP5263) plugs for $3.50 each, and there is a mail-in rebate of $2/plug, so your actual cost is only $1.50/plug. These plugs are rated for 100,000 miles. Compare that to the OEM Champion copper plugs at $1.34/plug, which are only rated for 30,000 miles.

I use the above-mentioned Autolite plugs in my 5.7L hemi, but change them every 30,000 miles so that I don't risk possibly voiding my lifetime powertrain warranty.

#11 ·
From what I've come to understand over the years, is that basically from plug to plug they are all the same performance wise. The higher end, more expensive ones go longer before wearing out, so I guess that would be the real variable on scheduled changes if needed

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.