Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Cigarette lighter not working, ash tray door not staying closed.

5K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  azsnow 
#1 ·
So I don't know if these items are related, and yes, I did check the fuse, but has anyone else had issues with the cigarette lighter outlet not working, or the ash tray door not staying closed? I did a search, but only came back with things not related.

#3 ·
Admittedly I'm bemused by this thread subject. Before I bought my 300 I had an Oldsmobile, and an issue with my ashtray not closing (it'd actually been busted by a valet parking attendant rifling my car for change and annoyingly always hung open two inches near my left knee) was the proximate cause of my dumping it in for a new Chrysler.* I just hated that ashtray problem. I know, I know, First World problem. ;-)

*In fairness to me and also, I bought the Olds used and drove it for eight years so it wasn't hard to buy my 300S in '13.

#5 ·
I'm not sure its even classified as an ashtray on my '11 as it seems to be felt lined. I use it to hold by phone, change, etc. The lighter I use as an outlet...but its not working. I guess I'll tear it all apart in these coming weeks to find the issue!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.