Got a new 2016 Chrysler 300C and now I have some questions - Chrysler 300C Forum: 300C & SRT8 Forums
2nd Generation Chrysler 300 Discussion This is the area for discussion of the new 2nd generation Chrysler 300.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 06:43 PM Thread Starter
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Car:
Garage
Got a new 2016 Chrysler 300C and now I have some questions

Hello everybody! New member here!

So last weekend I traded in my 2007 Chrysler 300 Touring Signature Series in for a 2016 Chrysler 300C. Man what an upgrade!! Anyway now that I have this bad boy in my garage I want to make it mine and customize it a little. I am planning on having the windows tinted next week. Probably going to go with a 25% or 20% tint. The next thing I want to do is upgrade the headlights. It kind of baffles me that they would have nice bright white LED running lights and fog lights then stick some old yellow halogen headlights in there. I had 55w 5000k HID's in my last one, so on this one I want to go LED.

Would anybody happen to know a good brand to go with if there is any that make LED headlights for the 2016?

Also when I look at the space where the headlight goes, will LED lights fit in there? To me, the way the LED bulbs look with the big heat sink and stuff on the back of the bulb it wouldn't fit or the dust cap wouldn't be able to go back on. Is there any modifications that need to be made to have LED headlights or are they just plug and play? These new LED bulbs are pretty new to me.

If there isn't any good LED bulbs out there, I guess my next option is the Bi-Xenon HID's. Because there are so many different manufacturers out there for those, could somebody point me in a good direction? I would go with Kensun because they worked good in my 07 but unfortunately they don't make the Bi-Xenon so I'm back to square one with those.

Anyway thanks in advance for those of you that can help me. And thanks for having me in your forums.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 08:10 AM
Premium Member
Points: 32,246, Level: 1 Points: 32,246, Level: 1 Points: 32,246, Level: 1
Activity: 39% Activity: 39% Activity: 39%

Car: 2012 Chrysler 300
I have no idea about LED headlight upgrades, but you are not alone in hating those yellow halogens. There's a whole thread on replacing them with aftermarket halogens that match the DRLs: If you hate your yellow halogens, I have good news

Last edited by TheKrell; 06-18-2017 at 08:13 AM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 12:54 PM
DGO
Senior Contributing Member
Points: 8,084, Level: 1 Points: 8,084, Level: 1 Points: 8,084, Level: 1
Activity: 65% Activity: 65% Activity: 65%

Car: 2008 Chrysler 300c CRD
Have you spoken to the Diode Dynamics guys? http://www.300cforums.com/forums/mem...-dynamics.html

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Car:
Garage
No I have not. I will have to give them a try. I looked around on their website but I don't see any LED headlights. Not sure if it's because there is none out there, or they just don't carry them. I try looking around other places but the options are vague as far as I know. Yea it says it's a 9005 bulb but does it actually fit or do I have to modify stuff to make it work? I am finding that having a rather new car and new technology like LED headlights is difficult because there just is not many places out there with them for sale so options are slim and finding other people out there with a 2016 chrysler 300 with LED bulbs is even slimmer.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 01:53 PM
Points: 5,941, Level: 1 Points: 5,941, Level: 1 Points: 5,941, Level: 1
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%

Car: 2013 Chrysler 300C
Congrats on your new 300c and welcome to the forums. I too had a Signature Series (2006) and then upgraded. Major improvement not only from sig series to C but the whole vehicle actually feels more substantial. I installed the Diode Dynamics hid upgrade with no problems. I did their 35 watt kit thinking it would last longer than 55 watt. Others on this forum also swear by the Morimoto kit. Do some searches on the forum and read about member's experiences. Unsure if an real changes headlight wise from 2013 to 2016 but I would doubt it. Have fun!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

We've got a thing that's called radar love
We've got a light in the sky, radar love - Golden Earring

Sponsored Links
Advertisement