Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

2011 300C Has static noise when cold

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  branm17 
#1 ·
I purchased a 2011 300C ($45,000) about a month ago to replace my 2006. I have been very impressed with the overall changes since I purchased my 06. Just recently the night time temps have dropped into the 40's here in Arkansas. When I start the car in the morning for the first time, I hear this God awful static coming out of my radio speakers all around inside the car. I can turn the noise down with the radio volume control. If I turn the radio off, the noise continues. This noise continues for about 10 minutes before it eventually goes away. I do not get the noise any other time I start the car during the same day. If I elect to stop the car and shut everything down including opening the door, sometimes the noise does not come back. Most of the time it does and is driving me nuts.

My question is....is there a TSB out there for this issue? Has anyone else had this happen? I see lots of things on the 2011's TSB's, but I haven't had any other issues come up so far. My 2006 was a very trouble free car and probably the best car I ever owned. So far I love this 2011, but the static thing has got to go away.

Can anyone out there help?
Thanks.
Jerry

#2 ·
First go to your servicing stealership and exercise the warranty.

#3 ·
JJ BLACK,

There aren't any TSB's that sound like they apply to the exact issue described in your post but there are two TSB's associated with the radio. I have included them below for your review. I also agree with Desiree in having the dealership take a look at it and diagnose & fix the problem regardless of any TSB applying or not.

TSB #08-052-11
SUBJECT:
Flash: No Sound From Radio
SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
The customer may indicate that the audio system is muted or the audio does not play.
OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves flash reprogramming the Amplifier with new software.

AND

TSB #08-044-11 (VIN Specific)
SUBJECT:
Clock Loses Time, Audio Makes Popping Noise
SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
The radio's clock loses time and/or the audio system exhibits a popping sound.
OVERVIEW:
This Bulletin involves removing and replacing the Telematics Gateway (TGW) / Radio.

Good luck on getting this issue resolved ASAP.

#4 ·
Thanks for the replys...I plan to go to the dealership next week with this issue. I also recorded the noise on my iPhone so the mechanic can hear what it sounds like. Hopefully they or the Chrysler techs can figure out what is happening. If I get a fix, I will repost my findings.
Jerry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.