Hacking this computer on wheels
Just thought I would start a thread to discuss hacking the software in our cars - what we wish we could hack, technical information, tools, etc.
Here are some things I'd love to hack on my 2011:
- Disable in-motion lockout (I know it can be done with the lock pick, but a direct firmware modification would be better)
- Turn on rear camera any time. An additional button in the "More" tab is a great place for it!
- Add performance pages from SRT8.
- Tweak ACC parameters, such as minimum speed, reaction time, etc. It'd be so cool to set min speed to zero, so the car will come to a complete stop and take off for you in traffic or at a red light.
- Add a close all feature. I would love to be able to push 1 button to have the car roll up all the windows and close the sunroof. Surely the body control module or whatever can already talk to all the power window and sunroof modules to do this. Actually, we already have the ability to roll down the front windows from the key fob (press and release unlock, and then immediately press it again but hold it).
Anyone have anything else to add?
If I could somehow dump the firmware used in the Uconnect unit then I could take a stab at removing the in-motion lockout... Anyone have any insight on this?
Last edited by whisla13; 02-24-2012 at 07:39 PM.