Hacking this computer on wheels - Chrysler 300C Forum: 300C & SRT8 Forums
Interested in the Dodge Challenger? Be sure to check out the Dodge Challenger Forum for your Dodge Challenger information!
» Featured Product
» Buyers Guide

Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Chrysler 300C Forum: 300C & SRT8 Forums > Chrysler 300 & All LX Models Forums > 2nd Generation Chrysler 300 Discussion
Register Home Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

2nd Generation Chrysler 300 Discussion This is the area for discussion of the new 2nd generation Chrysler 300.

300cForums.com is the premier Chrysler 300c Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2012, 07:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Points: 5,002, Level: 1 Points: 5,002, Level: 1 Points: 5,002, Level: 1
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Car: 2011 Chrysler 300C
Member Number: 17658
Hacking this computer on wheels

Just thought I would start a thread to discuss hacking the software in our cars - what we wish we could hack, technical information, tools, etc.

Here are some things I'd love to hack on my 2011:

- Disable in-motion lockout (I know it can be done with the lock pick, but a direct firmware modification would be better)
- Turn on rear camera any time. An additional button in the "More" tab is a great place for it!
- Add performance pages from SRT8.
- Tweak ACC parameters, such as minimum speed, reaction time, etc. It'd be so cool to set min speed to zero, so the car will come to a complete stop and take off for you in traffic or at a red light.
- Add a close all feature. I would love to be able to push 1 button to have the car roll up all the windows and close the sunroof. Surely the body control module or whatever can already talk to all the power window and sunroof modules to do this. Actually, we already have the ability to roll down the front windows from the key fob (press and release unlock, and then immediately press it again but hold it).

Anyone have anything else to add?

If I could somehow dump the firmware used in the Uconnect unit then I could take a stab at removing the in-motion lockout... Anyone have any insight on this?

-Andrew

Last edited by whisla13; 02-24-2012 at 07:39 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2012, 09:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Contributing Member
Points: 22,851, Level: 1 Points: 22,851, Level: 1 Points: 22,851, Level: 1
Activity: 21% Activity: 21% Activity: 21%

Car: 2012 Chrysler 300S V8
Member Number: 35890
Well, the rear camera being enabled at any time can also be achieved with a lock pick.

On a more technical note, I know this nav uses .KWI files similar to our 2008 Tahoe and 2010 Escalade. I wanted to hack those as well and discovered that those types of Nav's, and maybe these UConnects, base their settings and config on these .KWI files and you'd have to have a way of reading and editing the .KWI files to manipulate the system, which others have found out it was nearly impossible to do because there isn't any software readily available to do so.

It's been a while since I researched it but that is what I came up with.

Last edited by zach2011; 02-24-2012 at 09:46 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-27-2012, 12:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
Points: 5,002, Level: 1 Points: 5,002, Level: 1 Points: 5,002, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Car: 2011 Chrysler 300C
Member Number: 17658
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach2011 View Post
Well, the rear camera being enabled at any time can also be achieved with a lock pick.

On a more technical note, I know this nav uses .KWI files similar to our 2008 Tahoe and 2010 Escalade. I wanted to hack those as well and discovered that those types of Nav's, and maybe these UConnects, base their settings and config on these .KWI files and you'd have to have a way of reading and editing the .KWI files to manipulate the system, which others have found out it was nearly impossible to do because there isn't any software readily available to do so.

It's been a while since I researched it but that is what I came up with.
The iPod update they released for the 8.4 is a file with a KWI extension (CTPMY11.KWI), leading me to believe it was in KIWI format. When I tried to read the file according to the KIWI specification, it is clearly not in the standard KIWI format. Chrysler must be using a variation or compressing/obfuscating the file... if I could figure out the format it'd bring me one step closer...
Old 02-27-2012, 01:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Contributing Member
Points: 22,851, Level: 1 Points: 22,851, Level: 1 Points: 22,851, Level: 1
Activity: 21% Activity: 21% Activity: 21%

Car: 2012 Chrysler 300S V8
Member Number: 35890
Good find, I guess they are using a combo because I think the GM Nav's ran only on KIWI format files. A wild guess here but maybe an OBD II tool can help with the nav, they're expensive but I know they programmed my Tahoe's nav with one over at Chevrolet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement