Garmin GPS Map Update - Page 3 - Chrysler 300C Forum: 300C & SRT8 Forums
2nd Generation Chrysler 300 Discussion This is the area for discussion of the new 2nd generation Chrysler 300.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-13-2013, 07:34 AM
Senior Member
Points: 2,817, Level: 1 Points: 2,817, Level: 1 Points: 2,817, Level: 1
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 397
Thanks: 6
Thanked 20 Times in 20 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ts300C View Post
Sounds like you must have the latest Uconnect system which includes connect access or something like that? I am not sure if it's still apart of the package but when I purchased my vehicle the weather forecast was included with Siris Satellite. My year for the radio has run out which I have renewed but have yet to renew the weather portion. I have not done much traveling the last few months but it was $2 a month to add the last time I checked. Travel link and weather are very nice options to have.
Don't know if I have the lastest Uconnect??? I haven't found travel link or weather unless it is on sirrus. I haven't registered with sirrus the car just worked when I got it and I have found nothing about registering? Nothing on registering on the GPS also.

As for as Garmin gouging I agree at $149 updates car and $400 for airplane they ARE gouging because foreflite on the plane does the same for about $60/yr where Garmin is charging $400. The same for auto. Garmin offers lifetime update for portable GPS around $100 for for car installed $149/update. Now the real question is can the portable updates work in the car? UMMM what a thought.

Last edited by vettdvr; 01-13-2013 at 07:35 AM.
vettdvr is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-13-2013, 11:39 PM
Premium Member
Points: 806, Level: 1 Points: 806, Level: 1 Points: 806, Level: 1
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
 
0ts300C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Bristol, VA
Posts: 91
Thanks: 6
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vettdvr View Post
Don't know if I have the lastest Uconnect??? I haven't found travel link or weather unless it is on sirrus. I haven't registered with sirrus the car just worked when I got it and I have found nothing about registering? Nothing on registering on the GPS also.

As for as Garmin gouging I agree at $149 updates car and $400 for airplane they ARE gouging because foreflite on the plane does the same for about $60/yr where Garmin is charging $400. The same for auto. Garmin offers lifetime update for portable GPS around $100 for for car installed $149/update. Now the real question is can the portable updates work in the car? UMMM what a thought.
Hello vettdvr yes if you have the weather feature it would be apart of the Siris radio. Sorry not in my vehicle right now to post the access steps. If you have the Voice response system you can say "Switch to Siris travel or weather ". As for the Uconnect access it appears to be available in certain 2013 models but you can purchase wifi for the previous systems for a monthly fee of course. There are more features in the latest Uconnect systems that would be nice to have but we don't need many more distractions while driving.
0ts300C is offline  
post #23 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-13-2013, 11:50 PM
Premium Member
Points: 806, Level: 1 Points: 806, Level: 1 Points: 806, Level: 1
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
 
0ts300C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Bristol, VA
Posts: 91
Thanks: 6
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ts300C View Post
Hello vettdvr yes if you have the weather feature it would be apart of the Siris radio. Sorry not in my vehicle right now to post the access steps. If you have the Voice response system you can say "Switch to Siris travel or weather ". As for the Uconnect access it appears to be available in certain 2013 models but you can purchase wifi for the previous systems for a monthly fee of course. There are more features in the latest Uconnect systems that would be nice to have but we don't need many more distractions while driving.
PS if you have Siris radio and the trial edition it doesn't need to be registered until the period runs out. You will be notified by mail or go to turn it on and Zap no music. Happened to me out in the country and could not find any regular radio stations. I enjoyed a nice quiet comfortable ride home.
0ts300C is offline  
post #24 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 12:00 AM
Senior Member
Points: 7,022, Level: 1 Points: 7,022, Level: 1 Points: 7,022, Level: 1
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 117
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
my garmin gps on my 2013 is out dated by about 2 years.

I know this because I punched in starbucks and it took me to a location that is now a yogurt shop....this yogurt shop has been open for over 2 years.
pearl300 is offline  
post #25 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 12:17 AM
Premium Member
Points: 806, Level: 1 Points: 806, Level: 1 Points: 806, Level: 1
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
 
0ts300C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Bristol, VA
Posts: 91
Thanks: 6
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pearl300 View Post
my garmin gps on my 2013 is out dated by about 2 years.

I know this because I punched in starbucks and it took me to a location that is now a yogurt shop....this yogurt shop has been open for over 2 years.
WOW goes to show it would probably be a waste to update every year for sure.
0ts300C is offline  
post #26 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 07:36 AM
Senior Member
Points: 2,817, Level: 1 Points: 2,817, Level: 1 Points: 2,817, Level: 1
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 397
Thanks: 6
Thanked 20 Times in 20 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ts300C View Post
Sounds like you must have the latest Uconnect system which includes connect access or something like that? I am not sure if it's still apart of the package but when I purchased my vehicle the weather forecast was included with Siris Satellite. My year for the radio has run out which I have renewed but have yet to renew the weather portion. I have not done much traveling the last few months but it was $2 a month to add the last time I checked. Travel link and weather are very nice options to have.
IF I have travel link I don't know how to find it and havent found it yet.
vettdvr is offline  
post #27 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 11:36 PM
Premium Member
Points: 806, Level: 1 Points: 806, Level: 1 Points: 806, Level: 1
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
 
0ts300C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Bristol, VA
Posts: 91
Thanks: 6
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vettdvr View Post
IF I have travel link I don't know how to find it and havent found it yet.
Here are the steps you can check and see if travel link is installed. Note these are also printed in the owners manual as well. I have the 2011 system but these steps are listed in Chrysler website for 2012.



To access SIRIUS Travel Link, press the MENU hard-key
then touch the Travel Link soft-key.
SIRIUS Travel Link brings a wealth of useful information
into your vehicle and right to your fingertips:
Weather
• View detailed current conditions at your current location.
• Check extended 12–hour and 5–day forecasts.
• Store a favorite location for quick access to weather
conditions and forecasts.
0ts300C is offline  
post #28 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-15-2013, 07:26 AM
Senior Member
Points: 2,817, Level: 1 Points: 2,817, Level: 1 Points: 2,817, Level: 1
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 397
Thanks: 6
Thanked 20 Times in 20 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I didn't have the owners manual. The dealership is 50 miles from home and after processing all the paperwork I forgot it in the finance office. They have mailed it to me. I will check the wx link today. I did find the USB port but what is the other smaller port for? Headphones?
vettdvr is offline  
post #29 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-15-2013, 04:13 PM
Member
Points: 4,014, Level: 1 Points: 4,014, Level: 1 Points: 4,014, Level: 1
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 92
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The "headphone jack" is an audio input for plugging in older or non-USB audio devices.

I will actually sometimes use it instead of that USB to avoid dealing with the radio taking over my iPhone's audio controls and putting my iPhone into "slave mode" to the radio.


Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
cinca is offline  
post #30 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-15-2013, 04:14 PM
Member
Points: 4,014, Level: 1 Points: 4,014, Level: 1 Points: 4,014, Level: 1
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 92
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Another note for those reading – you can very easily download a PDF of both the owners manual and the getting started guide to the 300 on the Chrysler website.

I always download these kinds of manuals and keep them tucked away on my phone and iPad so I can refer to them in a pinch or if I am curious about something and not around my owners manual.


Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
cinca is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
gps garmin 300

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chrysler 300C Forum: 300C & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



  LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.300cforums.com/forums/2nd-generation-chrysler-300-discussion/96856-garmin-gps-map-update.html
Posted By For Type Date
Thread 2012 GPS Map update for | Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum | BoardReader This thread Refback 09-13-2012 04:42 PM

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Garmin Navus GPS HELP slyval Australia / NZ Forum General Discussion 17 05-18-2014 10:33 PM
EXPIRED: F/S: Garmin Nuvi 680 hiphophead Parts Buy/Sell Forum 0 07-28-2009 11:36 AM
Garmin Map Update-Kenwood DNX7100 ReppinTheSouth Car Audio/Alarms/UConnect/Navigation 1 03-14-2009 09:06 PM
TomTom vs Garmin II kings 9:20 Off-Topic Discussion 17 12-16-2007 09:22 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
Inactive Reminders By Icora Web Design