Dual Pane Panoramic Sunroof Option - Page 2 - Chrysler 300C Forum: 300C & SRT8 Forums
2nd Generation Chrysler 300 Discussion This is the area for discussion of the new 2nd generation Chrysler 300.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-19-2012, 08:18 PM
Points: 2,367, Level: 1 Points: 2,367, Level: 1 Points: 2,367, Level: 1
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It creaks like a bitch. I gotta take it into the dealership, its driving me nuts. 99% silenced when the roof is opened. I never had any rattles or squeaks from my 08 Charger

But I LOVE the open-ness, I get compliments every time someone sits in my car. How huge the roof is, its going to be hard going to a car with a normal sunroof after this car.

2012 Chrysler 300 SRT8
2008 Dodge Charger SRT8 (Gone)
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (Gone)
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited (Gone)

Last edited by ChrisJ12; 03-19-2012 at 08:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-19-2012, 09:16 PM
Premium Member
Points: 817, Level: 1 Points: 817, Level: 1 Points: 817, Level: 1
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
I have been hooked on having a sunroof since 1st driving my 85 Riviera. Then a Sunroof and Navigation were my main requirements when purchasing the 06 Chrysler. At 1st when I heard about a panoramic in the new 300's I was thinking most of the time I am in the vehicle alone why was it needed for the rear seats. But after getting the car and riding with the shade completely open I would not have it any other way. Being that I have the darker interior having this sunroof gives the vehicle a very nice feel.
post #13 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 01:01 AM
Points: 10,557, Level: 1 Points: 10,557, Level: 1 Points: 10,557, Level: 1

All this sun roof talk makes me want to buy the panoramic sun roof and either install it myself or have a shop do it for me.
post #14 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-26-2012, 11:52 AM
Points: 596, Level: 1 Points: 596, Level: 1 Points: 596, Level: 1

I'm having buyer's remorse...

I've had my new car for 10 months now. I love the dual-pane sunroof, but it's been an issue since the day I drove it off the lot. I have lots of rushing air sound, as if a window is open all the time. Its very loud, even when the sunshade is completely closed. The sound is coming from the middle of the two panels, where the plastic valance goes across. I've had it into Chrysler twice now and they keep adjusting the glass, but still the noise persists. I'm taking it in again today for the 2nd oil change, and I told the service manager that I am leaving the car for a few days so that they can fix it right...once and for all. I love the "look" of the dual-pane, but I'm feeling that I regret having opted for it. The noise is such a nuisance and frankly, its embarrassing when I have passangers ride with me. They keep looking around, hitting their window buttons...and I finally have to say, "Its the sunroof."

Additionally- I too have developed the rattles in the dash (comiing from two different places) and I have three bubbles in the exterior paint that are now peeling. I'm really feeling that I've made a mistake with this car... I'm wondering if I'm having these issues now, what is it gonna be like in 5 yrs. I dont think I could recommend anyone to buy a new 300 right now... Chrysler really needs to get these little things worked out. Its a gorgeous car and I love the gadgets, but after only 10 months, its starting to feel really cheap. I'll let you know what happens.
post #15 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-26-2012, 12:42 PM
Points: 14,385, Level: 1 Points: 14,385, Level: 1 Points: 14,385, Level: 1
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Exclamation Paint Issues

There are definite paint issues with the 2011 300s. I had to have my front bumper fascia repainted because of peeling at its edge where it met the right front fender. I've read on this forum where others have had bubbles in their paint that had to be fixed, as well. That's a warranty issue, and you should press your dealer to fix it.

P.S. My sunroof is completely silent. And, open there's no buffeting with the fabric wind deflector.

Last edited by Dave Marsh; 03-26-2012 at 12:45 PM.
post #16 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-26-2012, 01:25 PM

Hi Dave...
I think you and I got our 300s right around the same time. Let me clarify by saying, I love my 300, but the cost of it wasnt cheap, and I feel that the quality isnt what I was expecting. I gave up a 2008 300 with 15K on it for this new 2011; it was the interior upgrades that sold me on the 2011. With that said, I'm going back to the dealership today; I've already had a loooonnnnggg conversation with the service advisor, detailing all the things I'm bringing it in for, and that I'm EXPECTING them to address all the issues thoroughly. I'm really hoping they get everything fixed, because I really want to keep it, but if not, I'm fully prepared to cut my losses and move on. I've got my eyes on the Mercedes C class sedan... it starts at $34K, and I know the workmanship will be better. We'll see...
post #17 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-26-2012, 03:29 PM

Thumbs up Car Selection

I previously owned Acuras for over 20 years, and their quality was top notch. I never had them back in the shop except for routine maintenance. However, they were no longer fun. I grew tired of Honda's design esthetic, and I never really liked their interiors, so this time around I was going for something cooler. I'm over 60, so I was also insisting on all the latest technology I could afford. I looked at the Cadillac CTS, but its interior was cheap looking and cramped. I also looked at the Buick LaCrosse, but it too was a bit too much my Dad's generation's car, and I'm not ready for that yet. I have some friends who purchased a new BMW 535i about that time, and it was priced well out of my budget. I never seriously considered a Mercedes, since in addition to being expensive, has a reputation for poor quality control. Then, we stopped and looked at the new 300s.

I was immediately taken with its upscale design and beautiful interior, and was completely flabbergasted with its enormous list of features. All for a price I could afford, and $20k less than a similarly equipped BMW. The only downside was Chrysler's long held poor quality control reputation. Being a technophile, I decided to give Chrysler a shot, and rationalized that buying American again was also a good thing.

I've had the car into the shop perhaps half a dozen times since I purchased it last summer, all for quality control cosmetic stuff. That's been aggravating. This is no Acura. But, the local dealer has been great and addressed all my issues with no complaints. You can read my thread in this forum ( First Impressions New 300 Limited ) to follow all my travails. So, there's definitely been a trade off.

Overall, though, I have to say I love my new 300 Limited. It's a blast to drive, it's a beautiful car, inside and out, the state of the art technology all works, I can afford it, and with the extended lifetime warranty I don't expect to have to face any break the pocketbook moments over the next decade as I drive the car. It's all about choices, and I'm hopeful the Fiat/Chrysler near death experience will have given the company the shock it needs to become serious about the user experience.

We'll see. If not, I switch companies again next time. For now, I'm anxious, but cautiously hopeful that I'll enjoy this car next year as much as I do now.

Last edited by Dave Marsh; 03-26-2012 at 03:39 PM.
post #18 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-26-2012, 03:33 PM
Points: 2,873, Level: 1 Points: 2,873, Level: 1 Points: 2,873, Level: 1

Be prepared for much less comfort in the C300. You really feel the road in the C300 due to the lack of padding in the seats and a much firmer suspension, not always in a pleasant way. I traded in my 2009 C300 sport due to the low to the ground entry stance and lack of rear seat legroom (7" more in the 300C is a huge difference). I pulled a groin muscle getting into it one day and could not get in comfortably for 2 months - thus the new 300C.
post #19 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-26-2012, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Marsh View Post
Overall, though, I have to say I love my new 300 Limited. It's a blast to drive, it's a beautiful car, inside and out, the state of the art technology all works, I can afford it, and with the extended lifetime warranty I don't expect to have to face any break the pocketbook moments over the next decade as I drive the car. It's all about choices, and I'm hopeful the Fiat/Chrysler near death experience will have given the company the shock it needs to become serious about the user experience.

We'll see. If not, I switch companies again next time. For now, I'm anxious, but cautiously hopeful that I'll enjoy this car next year as much as I do now.
I hear you... I do love mine, but I'm just feeling discouraged right now given all the little issues that add up...I've got a list going. I've never gone back to the dealership with a list before. (Let me pause and knock on wood somewhere.)

I'm back. Seriously, this car turns heads and everyone stops me and asks me questions about how much I love it. I feel as if I'm becoming more bitter by the day... I dont feel that I should have to explain all the rattles and noises to my passengers (I'm embarrassed!), nor should I be afraid to wash it because pieces of paint are coming off. Its just not what I expected, and I'm feeling let down.

All that said, I'm gonna go back again today and lay my list out on the table. The service dept has been very nice thus far, and my husband ran into a friend who works there...in the service dept...so I'm keeping my fingers crossed this time. I admit I'm not an especially patient person, but I'm willing to give them another chance to "make it right." The dealership is like 25 miles from our house and I'm taking it now because it's due for an oil change.

Fingers crossed!
post #20 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-26-2012, 04:14 PM

Good luck at the service department!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement