Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Adding Parking Sensors

20K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  kaza 
#1 ·
Has anyone added rear parking sensors on a 2011 with the factory camera? Is there a factory kit of some sort or is this purely aftermarket?

#2 ·
If you want OEM, you can purchase the sensors, wiring harness, and module on your own but I think you would need a dealer to program it to work correctly. Both OEM and aftermarket are options, aftermarket would be cheaper and easier but won't be factory-like. If you go with Chrysler reverse sensors, it could get costly.

#4 ·
BTW, I thought I would add to this if anyone finds themselves in a similar situation. Apparently the factory kit is sold separately under part #82212465 under $300 from what I found. I imagine that the sensor faces need painting to match on anything other than black and drilling of the rear bumper cover and removal of it is probably required. I wonder if there are locators for the holes on the inside of the bumpers. From what I see, when you order these you give them the VIN and they program the module before you get it so that it is plug and play. This is really pretty good if you have the camera and want to add the sensors. Personally, I think both are great, second to that sensors only and third would be camera only. I had the sensors on my 2005 and they were great for parking but the new C we selected has only the camera but everything else is just right, so adding these will make it perfect.

#5 · (Edited)
Great find, do you have any part/reference numbers for this kit? That would help those wanting to add these reverse sensors.

EDIT: Never mind, for those interested it's part number 82212465.

#7 ·
Park sense does help even when you have reverse camera. We have the combination on our Escalade and it helps the driver get a better sense of how close you actually are to something. But then again, the Escalade's rearview camera does not have guidelines like the 300's does. Plus it helps in corners on the far left or far right, places that the camera cannot see.

#8 ·
Cross Traffic Warning

The rear bumper sensors on my 2011 300 Limited also alert me to oncoming cross traffic when I'm backing out of a parking space between two huge SUVs, not just to the distance to rear objects. So, they complement the rear camera nicely. I'd next like to see a lower front mounted camera to alert me to those curbs that are above the bottom of the front bumper, but below the activation range of the front sensors.

#10 ·
If this comes as a simple kit, I wonder how hard it would be to install the front ones with the distance sensor and get adaptive cruise control?

Probably too much money and labor for it to be worth it, but I'm gonna check it out and see. :p

#12 · (Edited)
All connections are made behind bumper and in the trunk area only. You will have to drill 4-22mm holes and will need to paint the 4 sensors before installing. You can get matching spray can from Chrysler for about $8. I'm still looking into installing these sensors in my 300c 2015. The dealer showed me the install instructions but could not give me a copy???? The kit has a modem, wires, sensors and also has a small speaker that would go in the trunk area also. The install pages that I saw had EVERYTHING installing in the trunk area only. I found install instructions at starparts pdf format....

#19 · (Edited)
Will it work similar to the original one?

If I installed this module on my 2011 Chrysler 300, will it function like the OEM one? like showing the sensor detection on the small screen in the dash or lowering the audio while backing up.

Because if it does, I would like to have one. ::biggrin::

#21 ·
Good day everyone,

I know this thread is 10 yrs old and honestly, I'll be surprised if I get replies to my question :D

I plan to do the same thing (installing OEM park-assist sensors) on my 2011 Chrysler 300 base model.
I got the sensors wiring harnesses rings, but my car electrician doesn't know how to install it since it might need to be connected to the BCM of the vehicle
and he has no idea which plugs to use in the BCM to wire the harness cable. So, does anyone have instructions or guides to show it can be installed?

Thank you all for your help

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.