Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Horn wont honk

25K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  DESIREE 
#1 ·
so the horn on my 300 just stopped working, its not the fuse, i checked that, the horn will honk when i lock the car or press the panic button, but it wont honk when i push the steering wheel, what could this be?

#2 ·
then its gotta be the contact in the steering wheel,now I havent pulled a"C" wheel but most wheels have a large plastic ring that activates the airbag and the contacts for the horn is in that same ring that activates the airbag,could be a break in the wiring somewhere though.I hope I'm wrong though

#3 ·
Because the horn sounds when you press the lock or panic buttons the trouble is not the horn relay, power to the relay, or power from the relay to the horns. Something is having a problem between the horn button in the steering wheel (certainly not the most sensitive to start with!) and the front control (FCM) module.
Are any of these diagnostic trouble codes in the EVIC: B2336, B2337, or B2338?
If you would like I can scan the HORN section of the service amnual and e-mail it to you. It's like (12) pages and has step-by-step instructions, including schematics and diagrams.

#6 ·
it won't work if the ignition is turned off BTW,

also being you have a 2005 depending on your build date, you may have the problem where the steering connector is too short and the horn connection has pulled away from the connector..

there is a TSB and repair kit out there to extend the wire loom 6 inches to resolve the issue..

#7 ·
mines 2005 and no probs with the horn but I do have to hit it in the right spot,think its the G-spot,lol

#9 ·
More like the SOB spot!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.