Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

How many miles will these cars go?

64K views 37 replies 30 participants last post by  Lou 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Come June I will likely be buying either a used 300c srt8 or a used charger srt8.

It has been many many years since I've bought a used car, so I'm not used to having vehicles with much more than 30,000 miles on them.

Was doing a bit of looking last night, and most of the 06/07 300s for sale right now have around 40,000 miles on them.

I know that really isn't very many, but like I say, still more than I'm used to. Anyone have a sense of how long these will go (engine and tranny) before experiencing any issues/needs for rebuilds.

Also if anyone has any insight on any major maintenance that needs to be done at around this mileage, it would be appreciated.

Are there any known issues with the car that one should look out for?

Thanks a lot.

#2 ·
im not sure how long they would last but with any car, as long as its taken care of and maintained properly it should last you for a long time. the most miles i have seen on a 300c were around the 140k so for sure they will last you past the 100k mile mark.

as for known issues and problems...the main one with these cars are usually the tie rods around 60k miles and usually warped rotors so be aware of that but other than that they are great cars with very few problems but again it all depends on the condition its in and how well you take care of it too.

good luck on your search!

#3 ·
You'll find cars with lower miles if you are patient... lots of collectors out there with cherry 05s and 06s.

My 2005 has only 12K on it....

#5 ·
I have a hemi in my pickup that is over 100,000. It has been a workhorse. Used on construction and towing my boats and racetrailer up and down the coast(trailer-not the boats).
I have yet to have a problem and she still runs very strong. I can easily see 200,000

#6 ·
tough

It's so sad to see SRT8's sitting in garages. They are made to be driven, and are unlikely to be collectibles for many years yet, if ever.

Expect the car to last a LONG time. If kept stock or reasonably close their lifespan will rival any car made.

#9 ·
It's so sad to see SRT8's sitting in garages. They are made to be driven, and are unlikely to be collectibles for many years yet, if ever.......
I got what some say is a small car lot of vehicles (trail only TJ, F150 Screw, Shelby Cobra (replica), and a VW TDI - pawned off my 87 GT mint condition conv to the kid - just to make room!) Each one gets a little of my attention depending on what day it is, and where I am going. Hardest part is keeping up with preventive maint - I do it all myself. Don't trust anybody - just to many poor experiences when dealing with others....... IMHO, nobody will care more about your stuff than you do.

My Steel 8 is always a treat to drive, and only I drive it! Would not let one of the other clan mates have the keys for nothing......... so its mileage stays low. If I ever got rid of my lot, the Steel 8 would be one of the last to go .

#8 ·
#10 ·
I am almsot at 50k miles and it seems to keep gettting better!

#16 ·
Hi all,

Come June I will likely be buying either a used 300c srt8 or a used charger srt8.

It has been many many years since I've bought a used car, so I'm not used to having vehicles with much more than 30,000 miles on them.

Was doing a bit of looking last night, and most of the 06/07 300s for sale right now have around 40,000 miles on them.

I know that really isn't very many, but like I say, still more than I'm used to. Anyone have a sense of how long these will go (engine and tranny) before experiencing any issues/needs for rebuilds.

Also if anyone has any insight on any major maintenance that needs to be done at around this mileage, it would be appreciated.

Are there any known issues with the car that one should look out for?

Thanks a lot.
Under the severe service schedule rear axle fluid is recommended to be changed at 48k miles. New trans fluid/filter and new power steering fluid at 60k.

Under the normal service schedule the above are considered lifetime factory fill.

Plugs are not major except for the expense; 16 new NGK platinums are recommended at 100k.

The tie rod issue mentioned is a non-SRT8 issue, I believe. I've got 62k+ miles and for me it's been all gas-n-go other than brakes\tires\oil. If you find one at 40k to 50k miles and you feel comfortable about maintenance from the previous owner then there's no reason you wouldn't get another 100k miles out of it... maybe more but there just aren't many members past those miles yet.

#17 ·
I have 95000 mile on it and so far no problems,(thank god)LOL,and it is just as strong as day one.But now that I have diablo its faster than new!!!

#18 ·
Just under 70,000 on mine, and definitely stronger then day one!!

#19 ·
My CSRT8 rolled 52K on this week. I just had the trans flushed, pwr steering flush, 4 wheel alignment and new tires all in the past week. Only had mine a year and I still remember the test drive like it was yesterday. Just ordered my predator Thursday. Best car i've ever owned.

#21 ·
My 06 has just over 48,000 miles on her and hasn't skipped a beat.

#24 ·
Hey, if it only makes it 150k, rebuild and go another 150! (or drop in a 426, hehe)

#25 ·
Awesome, glad to be hearing these cars don't have any major issues and seem to be running strong after many miles. June can't come soon enough. :)

#26 · (Edited)
LOL. i feel left out..
only got 20k on my 07 SRT
i barely put miles on it. live in houston, everything is close range.
but no probs so far, brake pads needed changing , and the tires.
other than that, still good as new.

and as far as the warranty mentioned earlier. the SRT models dont have
lifetime warranty on ANYTHING.
when you see/hear the commercials, pay close attention to the fine print
SRT models are excluded from the lifetime warranties.
[maybe cuz they know we like to drive the s*** out of them, ROFL]

#29 ·
well!

Hello old timer!

Long time no see. Glad to see you've still got the SRT8.

I still have my Key Fob you made me. Glad to hear all is well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.