Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Jumping in the deep end.. my VIP BUILD

147K views 270 replies 49 participants last post by  george123 
#1 ·
(Howdy.. still have no clue how the forum is set up.. its not what im used to.. so Im putting my "BUILD THREAD" here.. mods, please feel free to move and let me know where I should have posted it so I get a better sense. :) )

Anyways, after scouring google images, the forum and so on.. doing some photoshop work etc.. I find that in my opinion, this car of ours is VERY PICKY about its mods.

Seemingly inperceptible shifts can cause a HUGE difference in the end result look of these cars.
Not to make anyone feel bad, but the LAST thing i want is to have the look of the cars w larger than 22s.. or the look or these cars at ANY level of fitment that are still on factory suspension..

Im going for the VIP look, and commong from a big import background, Im ready to pul it off very well Id say. Ill be going for a similar stance:

Again, some of my work on the other car, not to go off topic, but still..:

It seems that the drop and the wheel choice make a bigger difference on this car than any other Ive dealt with in the import world.. it was maddening to chose my wheels , and i finally did today.

This is my first post in this thread and it will be updated as my "build" progresses.. but assure you, a dreamer I am not. ( see my cardomain page on my 350z builds here:http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3929104/2005-nissan-350z-enthusiast-coupe-2d/page-1) so yes, some of these are simply stock images for now.. ill post my own when they become reality inthe next month.

I saw youtube video of "Andys VIP 300" and it got me in gear.

I have a 2006 Cool Vanilla 300 Touring V6 that I am having delivered to me on friday, already closed the deal. I got it for a daily driver, and foudn it clean w 60k miles for 12 grand.

It has a few things on it already that i will likely repair or replace.. one being drop springs and what appaesr to be worn OEM shocks.. as well as blacked out LED tailights.
It also already has an exhaust system on it.. fine for now.

Sorry i dont have more/better pics.

Today i placed my order for these wheels as well.. Im very excited about them.. they are like nothing else Ive seen on 300s so far.

They are MRR HR3s just newly released in staggered fit in 22.. I had them re drilled and the back pad lightly shaved to assure a nice tuck when dropped. They are silver w a machined finish face for a nice shine that stays away from chrome.

Running 255/30/22 in front and 295/25/22 in back.

The car will be airbagged on UAS suspension, and Ill certainly need to get a new set of sway bars and struts as well.. and im sure that will highlight any camber issues, bushings, or rod ends that need replacing as well at that time.

I was able to source a used 2006 year Alpie IVA flip out screen and an i simple ipod system to incorporate.

I need to find out what stero is has from stock before i click "buy" on anything speaker wise, but will be running a 5 channel Alpine amplifier, Boston or similar speakers all around, as well as a single 12w3 in the back in a ZEnclosures box.

I have a friend who is willing to swap my taillights for his OEM red halogens, to which I may cook apart and do a halo mod internally for running lights.

Ill certainly replace everything w CREE LED bulbs as I had in my other car the 350z.. very bright ..and not cheap lol.

I also plan on ditching the aftermarket chrome headlights and go back to OEM so I can do a similar mod w AAC halos up front.

Here's some of my handiwork on the 350z headlights.. lots of work and mods.. great end results.

I always get one of these Kuda products in my cars,, very cool addition:

I really liked these two billet products, i think theyll match up good w the VIP trays..

Ill be replacing all the exterior chrome accents w 3M dinoc vinyl in bright brushed aluminum to sync w the wheels, and this includes the headlight bodies. ( will be painted similar) and will likely do an AAC oracle halo kit in 6k. Grip grille im a matching satin silver... should be cool..I may just wrap it in the same vinyl.. depends on what it looks like when i get it..

I already have possession of full 5k and 6k hid retrofit lighting w flicker capacitors for headlights and fogs, as well as full 5k led lighting 194s and festoon bulbs for the interior as well as a billet catch can ( w a removable top so i can build a proper baffle.. . otherwise these do NOTHING btw) and a polished intake. I assume this will kill power yet sound nice.. thats fine w me.

If anyone wants to know what i did to build a real vapor baffle in mine, PM me, ill tell you what to buy.

I havent decidee to what extent i want to VIP the interior yet tho... I know I will certainly run a VIP table for both rear doors as well as for the front passenger.. and I may go all out w the Kiku knot, neck pads, and rear curtains as well.

I think that a lighter grade tint in ceramic will pull that off better than blackout tint, but I did order up a set of light smoke vent shades for the windows as well as several authentic Junction Produce emblems.

I have a left over set of Strut emblems from another car as well, so i will likely place them as front fender badges and one on the rear of the trunk.

Im not sure if Ill do a black roof or if Ill do the VIP style trunk and roof wings.. Ill wait to see how it sits before I decide.. anyways.. thers my novel.. pics and results to be posted SOON!!!! thanks for reading.

See less See more
3 27
#29 ·
^ it has some sort of drop spring on it,, definately lower than stock thank God lol..

day eight.. todays transformation really made a HUGE difference in the smile I get while driving the car

Threw on a cheapo intake this morning when the engine was cool ( and broke the retaining clip for my IAT sensor.. lovely)

carbon fiber stick on wonder dash kit made a bigggg difference.. will really set off my VIP in a different way i think. no wood grain here.

also a few beter shots of the current stance and look..

Not bad for one week Id say.. thats how I roll tho.. lol.. crazy w my cars.

#30 ·
You're crazy man... I love it.. Car looks really sharp.. I love the rims... Wouldnt be my 1st choice if i saw them in a page of 100..but on seeing them on the car ... Changes my mind...

Very well done!

#32 ·
Crazy? Oh yes. Big time lol..I'm.out of control w these cars.
:) yeah I'm.pretty stoked on wheel choice....pics don't capture it well...
Its a pretty legit set up for sure.. gets tons of looks.. and in my hood...ppl have seen it all lol.. so it says a lot. ;)

#33 · (Edited)
Ordered up some stero goodies, shouold be here in a week or two..
All my intrerior JP stuff should land this week, so that will change it up big time.

Went w dual fibergalss 12 in subwoofer boxes on ea side.. these are super dope.. I never realized the rear seats folded down.. what a nice surprise.

This way i can still keep trunk space and function for snowboard trips or road trips in general.
Have 10ft sq of sound deadening mat as i want ZERO rattles and also why i went w lower piwer subs that will pull only medium power off my amp as well benig 4 ohms total. Just a little bit of low is ok for me.

Threw in some GT Mat free promotional deadener mat today too.. took the tinout of the trunk. we shall see how it handles the 2 12s pushing on it tho.. :( i cant STAND trunk buzz. )

Will likely buy the MOPAR PARTS trunk lid liner as well so it looks more finished in there.

Just ordered up new trunk struts too.. the hood struts i just replaced appear to have mimiced these trunk ones.. theyre pretty dead too.
ecaronline on ebay sells them for 25 a pair btw.. shipped.. and install was a breeze.

I went w an Alpine MRX V70 5 channel amp ( just a little one) , 2 pairs of Alpine SPR69 speakers and 2 JL Audio 12w1v2-8s.

I dont want ANY ISSUES w alternators dying, Ill surely run a large cap, and good wire as always.. but this is a low key system compared to the Z, which is all PDX, Boston Pros, JL Flat subs, and Alpine Imprint processing.

Question for you guys.. are people still running their amps under a seat in this car?
I know the battery is in the trunk, but thats not what makes the juice when the car is running.. are most ppl still running the power wire thru the firewall and attaching to the Red hub/stud in the engine bay?

#38 · (Edited)
thank, i bought them w the car.. i actually ahve a set of srt8 oem lights in the garage in OEM finish but they are missing the sockets and harness. :(

Id really like to smooth the taillights off fully and use DRL led strips ( the kind in an actual housing that has a tiny reflector) as my stop and turns so i can have thm fully smoothed and painted and blended white to match the car.. an old sport truck move.
Just painting them white leaves a horrible black outline of the gap.
oh well, always something for later.

Still not bad for the 3rd week of owning the car lol.

#37 · (Edited)
^^^ ask and ye shall receive lol.

The curtains are what will really make the look.. and yes, the pillow action is just for when i roll out to the car hard park n meets.. lol.

I had to drop all four curtains off my the GFs sister to get her to cut and restich and hem them.. they are too tall ( even the smallest size avail) for a Chrysler 300s tiny windows.. i have to take a huge chunk out, but all the rails are mounted and ready to roll tho:

but here it is so far w yesterdays additions..

JP metal die cut "sticker" on the cf dash piece, looks far better w no flash and in person lol.

Rear c pillar emblems, looks great in person w the flow of the car. Test fitted them flush and low and didnt look right.

I installed these piano black pillar covers on all areas included in the kit...they are pretty sweet tho i must add. FOund them on ebay of all places ( heres the link in case you wanta set.. the guy selling em seems pretty legit..http://www.ebay.com/itm/230690761407...84.m1439.l2649

use some alcohol and clean the living hell out of the stuff before you decide to install them like anything else tho. line em up, and youre done.. pretty simple.. i thought the tickness woudl look weird, but they seem to survive heat very well in fact

JP neck rolls, seat pillows and belt pads

( sorry, appears i chose the crappy shot to upload to PB lol.

I went w a small kinku knot as i like to SEE the road as i drive lol. I dont know how Mikey L. rolls w that giant one in his car.

Anyways, thats it for now... did happen to snap some progress shots of the Z in the shop too.. FMIC is almost done, Mishi Oil cooler is mounted up too.. and my upper plenum came back from the polishers FINALLY lol.

good ol trunk full of parts trick.. matches my GARAGE full of parts now lol.

#43 ·
You got it wrong. Thank you for taking the time to post the update as they seem to rapidly happen. It almost like" I better check his thread to see what he's done last night" Lots of living vicariously thru you and your mods. Well done!

#44 · (Edited)
yesterdays mods. got my carmate trays in.. the one for the front is pretty dinky.. so i just threw it in the back.. not like im going to pay to send it back to Japan either lol.. oh well.. will ahve to go full cusotm from "vipdout" for the front tray.

And btw, the reccomendation for the Lund seamless visors.. very cool. I have them slated for purchase in a week or two. id like to do those, a nice front lip, and a trunk Kingstyle VIP wing at that time.

metal slim decal style emblems for the trunk lid:

Better pic of the dash emblems:

^^lol air spencer /jdm squash stuck in every door pocket too.. teh smellz iz goood.

And I LOVE how far back this drivers seat goes btw.. very cool.

still waiting on the curtains to seam it all up.

#46 ·
k so its been a few days.. lol... had to post the rest of the fun.

I put my HID lights in.. these things suck lol..

6k white? uh.. no, how about a dim aqua marine green blue lol...but thats what you get for 40 bucks off ebay lol.

I will be immediately get getting a 55w kit for the high beams at least from either Diode Dynamics or theretrofitsource.com... both sell legit stuff.

These will certainly do for now tho NP.

On to the next goodies:

I just went with some JL W1s... running a MRX V70 5 ch amp as soon as it comes in.. simple and little, no crazy current draw.

Im not exstatic about the psngr sides fit.. looks liKe ill HAve to pull the wing nut for the tailllight to fit it..

DOES ANYONE AT ALL KNOW HOW I CAN KEEP THESE THINGS IN PLACE?

I CANT FIND TECH OR PH INFO FOR "NRG AUDIO" ANYWHERE... OR ANY OTHER IDEAS.

HELP???

#47 · (Edited)
k so its been a day, more stuff done to the car lol.

My HIDs sucked.. and were green blue.. wtf.

And now one side kept shutting off.

So i decided that not only did i have a ballast going out, but that these capacitor things are cutting serious voltage to the ballasts. Luckily, i had an extra set of far better ballasts already sitting down inthe fender wells of this car.. so i fired em up.. and i also got rid of the error flicker caps.. i used a bosch relay and made an adapter harness out of thier connectors.. therefore using the OEM headlight current as a trigger and jsut hard wired the HID ballasts in parallel to the battery post...

wow.

what a difference.

And now the bulbs are driven to actually put out light and to be WHITE... just like me lol.
Not thats there ANYTHIN wrong w that if youre not ;)

Same bulbs:

so the magic is revealed, balasts that suck make your bulbs suck too.

For 80 dollars in alterations ( fuh...) to make them short enough to fit these chopped windows.. my Junction Produce curtains are installed and MAN.. do they tie this car up so far.

#48 ·
That baby is looking like you are driving a limo or something with all those comfort pillows and privacy curtains! The cupholders are nice looking, but that looks like you allow drinks in your ride. I am a little on the other extreme - NO drinks or food in my SRT whatsever. LOL What else you have in store for your ride! Nice transformation so far. Love the updates.

#49 ·
^ lol. yeah the VIP themed cars come from Yakuza .. they stopped driving around in exoensive cars as the police watched them more in them.. they moved to luxury standard sedans and the cup holders and trays are actually for cup holder cigarette ashtrays, a pack of smokes, and the curtians keep privacy.
Funny cultural thing really.

#50 ·
...and this is my daily car.. not my fancy car lol..

I took my cat to Einsteins today lol.. so the car had drinks, bagels, and fur.

Squirrel is his name.. hes an OG feral cat from tha streets and he still just dont give a fuh.. lol. jk.

Anyways..

did a little more, nothing spectacular.

ordered some 4 in (100m 5050 smd halos from China.. these things are briiiight.. very cool.. i cracked open an OEM taillight.. these are going to be pimp.
Youll see high mounted led circles going down the fwy in front of you.. when you get closer realizing its a Chrysler 300 is going to be silly. ;)

Inside the light:

Red shell back on..

#52 ·
using a motorcycle stop turn and running module, anything is possible like that easily.

But the LED taillights i have now have one built in.. when i ahve these ready, ill just pirate that circuit and harness.
Id really like to just have these rings and my back up bulbs.. these rest of this taillight is pointless.. its really odd why there are so many bulbs back here. Im using two clear leds inthe back up area for just back up.. signal is already just my upper LEDS.. and will be hopefully just these LED rings. If they arent bright enuff, ill just run an incandescent bulb in the middl eof them for brake and maybe turn.

#53 ·
some new additions yesterday..
OEM SRT 8 Trunk lip wing and a roof wing as well..

Also adde a set of Strut badges to the trunk and the front fenders

A few pics of the car at Lake Elsinore off the 74N

#54 ·
Really looking good nice there! Excellent work

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.