Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Jumping in the deep end.. my VIP BUILD

147K views 270 replies 49 participants last post by  george123 
#1 ·
(Howdy.. still have no clue how the forum is set up.. its not what im used to.. so Im putting my "BUILD THREAD" here.. mods, please feel free to move and let me know where I should have posted it so I get a better sense. :) )

Anyways, after scouring google images, the forum and so on.. doing some photoshop work etc.. I find that in my opinion, this car of ours is VERY PICKY about its mods.

Seemingly inperceptible shifts can cause a HUGE difference in the end result look of these cars.
Not to make anyone feel bad, but the LAST thing i want is to have the look of the cars w larger than 22s.. or the look or these cars at ANY level of fitment that are still on factory suspension..

Im going for the VIP look, and commong from a big import background, Im ready to pul it off very well Id say. Ill be going for a similar stance:

Again, some of my work on the other car, not to go off topic, but still..:

It seems that the drop and the wheel choice make a bigger difference on this car than any other Ive dealt with in the import world.. it was maddening to chose my wheels , and i finally did today.

This is my first post in this thread and it will be updated as my "build" progresses.. but assure you, a dreamer I am not. ( see my cardomain page on my 350z builds here:http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3929104/2005-nissan-350z-enthusiast-coupe-2d/page-1) so yes, some of these are simply stock images for now.. ill post my own when they become reality inthe next month.

I saw youtube video of "Andys VIP 300" and it got me in gear.

I have a 2006 Cool Vanilla 300 Touring V6 that I am having delivered to me on friday, already closed the deal. I got it for a daily driver, and foudn it clean w 60k miles for 12 grand.

It has a few things on it already that i will likely repair or replace.. one being drop springs and what appaesr to be worn OEM shocks.. as well as blacked out LED tailights.
It also already has an exhaust system on it.. fine for now.

Sorry i dont have more/better pics.

Today i placed my order for these wheels as well.. Im very excited about them.. they are like nothing else Ive seen on 300s so far.

They are MRR HR3s just newly released in staggered fit in 22.. I had them re drilled and the back pad lightly shaved to assure a nice tuck when dropped. They are silver w a machined finish face for a nice shine that stays away from chrome.

Running 255/30/22 in front and 295/25/22 in back.

The car will be airbagged on UAS suspension, and Ill certainly need to get a new set of sway bars and struts as well.. and im sure that will highlight any camber issues, bushings, or rod ends that need replacing as well at that time.

I was able to source a used 2006 year Alpie IVA flip out screen and an i simple ipod system to incorporate.

I need to find out what stero is has from stock before i click "buy" on anything speaker wise, but will be running a 5 channel Alpine amplifier, Boston or similar speakers all around, as well as a single 12w3 in the back in a ZEnclosures box.

I have a friend who is willing to swap my taillights for his OEM red halogens, to which I may cook apart and do a halo mod internally for running lights.

Ill certainly replace everything w CREE LED bulbs as I had in my other car the 350z.. very bright ..and not cheap lol.

I also plan on ditching the aftermarket chrome headlights and go back to OEM so I can do a similar mod w AAC halos up front.

Here's some of my handiwork on the 350z headlights.. lots of work and mods.. great end results.

I always get one of these Kuda products in my cars,, very cool addition:

I really liked these two billet products, i think theyll match up good w the VIP trays..

Ill be replacing all the exterior chrome accents w 3M dinoc vinyl in bright brushed aluminum to sync w the wheels, and this includes the headlight bodies. ( will be painted similar) and will likely do an AAC oracle halo kit in 6k. Grip grille im a matching satin silver... should be cool..I may just wrap it in the same vinyl.. depends on what it looks like when i get it..

I already have possession of full 5k and 6k hid retrofit lighting w flicker capacitors for headlights and fogs, as well as full 5k led lighting 194s and festoon bulbs for the interior as well as a billet catch can ( w a removable top so i can build a proper baffle.. . otherwise these do NOTHING btw) and a polished intake. I assume this will kill power yet sound nice.. thats fine w me.

If anyone wants to know what i did to build a real vapor baffle in mine, PM me, ill tell you what to buy.

I havent decidee to what extent i want to VIP the interior yet tho... I know I will certainly run a VIP table for both rear doors as well as for the front passenger.. and I may go all out w the Kiku knot, neck pads, and rear curtains as well.

I think that a lighter grade tint in ceramic will pull that off better than blackout tint, but I did order up a set of light smoke vent shades for the windows as well as several authentic Junction Produce emblems.

I have a left over set of Strut emblems from another car as well, so i will likely place them as front fender badges and one on the rear of the trunk.

Im not sure if Ill do a black roof or if Ill do the VIP style trunk and roof wings.. Ill wait to see how it sits before I decide.. anyways.. thers my novel.. pics and results to be posted SOON!!!! thanks for reading.

See less See more
3 27
#3 ·
all that stuff is gonna be sick but i dont understand why do all that to a v6.. im not hating by all means do your thing.. your other work looks dope..i have stock srt8 headlights for sale and all youll need is hemi (300c or srt8) bumper to pull off that front end.. i dont think it will look right with eyebrows with square head lights...you should go with a smaller tire in the rear to have that stretch tire look... but thats all my own opinion bro...

#4 ·
Count me in, too. Watching intently.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#7 ·
I hear ya! I am watching this bad boy transform. But, I am surprised with all this money you have to apply to this build, why didnt you start with an SRT8 and then mod from there? Is it more about the look than then power and look? Good luck, looks like you have some nice taste and if that was your 350Z in the pics, that was one sweeeeeet ride!

#9 ·
Subscribed & watching intently!

#14 · (Edited)
thanks a ton to my new friend DUBG300.. its going to be hard to make a car not be a duplicate of his lol. Hes given me more than a few links to some very cool VIP JDM aero stuff, brands ive never ehard of or seen come up in google searches.. so a big thank you for that for sure.

I also appreciate the general interest that appears to be gathering already.. very cool.
Thanks. :)

So i got the visual confirmation from Audiocityusa on my wheels today. They are having the tires mounted and shipping out today, and I should have them here by Wednesday, but anytime this week suits me just fine.

Here's my "proof of life" picture from Ben @ Audiocity.. fantastic customer service so far btw. I highly reccomend them.

I found out that these headlights have some dinky halos in them already lol.. by no means what Im used to building myself haha.

They will do for now, but yeah, they will need to be replaced by something better soon.

After washing it, i found some dents n door dings that will need to be addressed at a later date, but for now, not too concerned w them.

I did order a fairly complete real carbon fiber dash kit today.. and as soon as its in house and installed, i can tell next what color VIP and billet goodies I will order.

BTW..."Billet-Depot" on ebay has some cool billet knobs for the lights and AC as well as that honeycobm shifter and bezel above, door lock knobs, etc.. not sure if polished or satin will look best, so again, just waiting til the weekends' dash kit install is done to go over all that.

I believe my billet polished catch can, intake and HID error free parts are all in and delivered now as well, so I should have some sort of real world updates by the weekend.

The interior has 60k miles on it.. so 100$ worth of microfiber cloth, detailers brushes and meguairs polishes and interior surface cleaners should get the dirt out of the beige/grey interior texturing.. something im not happy to have to do as its basically swirling a toothbrushs lightly over the entire interior.. (which i may actually have to use one of the old heads off my sonicare toothbrush in fact on some areas lol.. works great btw) , but will shave years off the interior finish.

ANyways, thats my check in for today. Still trying to track down my buddy about the taillight swap. :)
I also had one of what seems to be the common long start issues today.. ill be wathcing it as I hear theres a cam sensor that has issues at times and can cause this.. and that tis a cheap fix.

I will be doing the 60k maintenance soon as well, along with some new plugs,and perhaps belts if it looks necessary.

To answer someones question above.. I bought the small engined car as the Phoenix metro area is the posterchild for urban sprawl.. i drive 26 miles a day each way to work on the fwy.
And I also own a turbo 350z w giant tires, a cut out exhaust, and a huge fuel system .. 500 whp does not need to exist in more than one of my cars lol. Its just me in my household. so this is more than plenty for me.. all look.. and a little decent go, thats it.

#15 ·
I had a 350z, I love those cars....wouldnt mind getting a nismo 370 someday

#20 ·
^ please pm.me w details. I was planning on.buying new oem.headlights Friday new for 200 on ebay.. Lmk if you'd have a better deal... I use itrader a ton for my z on my other forum.

#21 ·
update.. got my wheels put on yesterday... man its humid here right now lol.. was POURING sweat.. lame.

Anyways, YES, the car is getting bagged.
Im adding some coilovers first tho.

The wheels look great in person, the concave is huge and deep.. very cool looking.. just needs moar lower. :)

btw props to Ben @ Audiocityusa.com.. most wheel places Ive been to are shady as hell.. this transaction was super smooth, shipping was extremely fast, and as you can see..the wheels were not just faced w cardboard and shipped as they roll.. these were HEAVILY cared for.. very cool. Plus each one was wrapped individually as well as fully cardboarded.. not a scratch anywhere.

Threw down on some chrome mirror covers and handle covers as well as piano black pillar posts.. have to throw these on later this weekened as its monsoon raining right now.. but these will all go on before the vent shades.. dont want to rock those until theres Vipped goodies inside tho. :)

All my Junction Produce swag is on its way, paid today.
Neck rolls, seat belt pads, knots and tassles, vip trays front and both rear doors, fr and rear window curtains, and the seat pillow set as well. ;)

Anyways, thats the update for having owned the car 6 days lol

#22 · (Edited)
btw.. does anyone know where to get a EU ( european Union) front licenese plate mount? I have a german plate Id like to install.. would like cool IMO.

Thought id add a few progress shots of my Z in here as well lol.. they finally got the X over pipes done and the headers modified to fit the downtube.. plus the turbo is in and mounted up now lightly.

Anyways, back on topic lol...

hit me up on the headlights for sale too btw! ^^^

#24 ·
do have a rear lip and sides i think as well.. not sure if they are OEM or not.. I will need a fr lip, going w the shine kit parts.. i know thye are legit fit and a good company as they are well known in the 350z circles.. this is an Anceltion replica i believe:

it just needs some things cleaned up.. i dont like the color blend right now between the taillights etc.. they whole 90s blacked out on white w /GTS covers look is terrible IMHO.. lol.. so im awaiting non LED OEM SRT8 taillights in stock red to arrive.

My headlights are aimed horribly, and it appears there was some unscrupulous wiring and installation of the fr bumper and lights in general.. fog bulbs are broken, appear to have been HID so im curious to see what ill find once i get it on a lift and start clearing the junk out of there.

Does anyone know where i can get a proper projector beam to fit right into the OEM fog location? I have HID 5k bulbs for the OEM fog bulb.. so id love to find some that arent H3s.. but if necc, i can easily swap bulbs.

#25 · (Edited)
some ,more updates for today.. BIG ONES lol.. jk.

The OG status parts that were shipped from the US of course got here already,. so today I installed Chrome Mirror and handle covers, piano black pillar kit ( very cool stuff, hope it lasts), and OG smoke vent shades..

It is certanly a turn in the right direction for OG Vipd style. :)
Also cleaned the engine.. Gunk.. OMG.. the WORST idea ever.. the AC blows a lightly crisp and cool chemical scent that will get you uncomfortably high in 3 seconds.. drove it for an hr on the FWYY, still blowing horribly.. took it to the car wash and bathed the engine carefully.. still smells.. terrible terrible idea.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.