Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Jumping in the deep end.. my VIP BUILD

147K views 270 replies 49 participants last post by  george123 
#1 ·
(Howdy.. still have no clue how the forum is set up.. its not what im used to.. so Im putting my "BUILD THREAD" here.. mods, please feel free to move and let me know where I should have posted it so I get a better sense. :) )

Anyways, after scouring google images, the forum and so on.. doing some photoshop work etc.. I find that in my opinion, this car of ours is VERY PICKY about its mods.

Seemingly inperceptible shifts can cause a HUGE difference in the end result look of these cars.
Not to make anyone feel bad, but the LAST thing i want is to have the look of the cars w larger than 22s.. or the look or these cars at ANY level of fitment that are still on factory suspension..

Im going for the VIP look, and commong from a big import background, Im ready to pul it off very well Id say. Ill be going for a similar stance:

Again, some of my work on the other car, not to go off topic, but still..:

It seems that the drop and the wheel choice make a bigger difference on this car than any other Ive dealt with in the import world.. it was maddening to chose my wheels , and i finally did today.

This is my first post in this thread and it will be updated as my "build" progresses.. but assure you, a dreamer I am not. ( see my cardomain page on my 350z builds here:http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3929104/2005-nissan-350z-enthusiast-coupe-2d/page-1) so yes, some of these are simply stock images for now.. ill post my own when they become reality inthe next month.

I saw youtube video of "Andys VIP 300" and it got me in gear.

I have a 2006 Cool Vanilla 300 Touring V6 that I am having delivered to me on friday, already closed the deal. I got it for a daily driver, and foudn it clean w 60k miles for 12 grand.

It has a few things on it already that i will likely repair or replace.. one being drop springs and what appaesr to be worn OEM shocks.. as well as blacked out LED tailights.
It also already has an exhaust system on it.. fine for now.

Sorry i dont have more/better pics.

Today i placed my order for these wheels as well.. Im very excited about them.. they are like nothing else Ive seen on 300s so far.

They are MRR HR3s just newly released in staggered fit in 22.. I had them re drilled and the back pad lightly shaved to assure a nice tuck when dropped. They are silver w a machined finish face for a nice shine that stays away from chrome.

Running 255/30/22 in front and 295/25/22 in back.

The car will be airbagged on UAS suspension, and Ill certainly need to get a new set of sway bars and struts as well.. and im sure that will highlight any camber issues, bushings, or rod ends that need replacing as well at that time.

I was able to source a used 2006 year Alpie IVA flip out screen and an i simple ipod system to incorporate.

I need to find out what stero is has from stock before i click "buy" on anything speaker wise, but will be running a 5 channel Alpine amplifier, Boston or similar speakers all around, as well as a single 12w3 in the back in a ZEnclosures box.

I have a friend who is willing to swap my taillights for his OEM red halogens, to which I may cook apart and do a halo mod internally for running lights.

Ill certainly replace everything w CREE LED bulbs as I had in my other car the 350z.. very bright ..and not cheap lol.

I also plan on ditching the aftermarket chrome headlights and go back to OEM so I can do a similar mod w AAC halos up front.

Here's some of my handiwork on the 350z headlights.. lots of work and mods.. great end results.

I always get one of these Kuda products in my cars,, very cool addition:

I really liked these two billet products, i think theyll match up good w the VIP trays..

Ill be replacing all the exterior chrome accents w 3M dinoc vinyl in bright brushed aluminum to sync w the wheels, and this includes the headlight bodies. ( will be painted similar) and will likely do an AAC oracle halo kit in 6k. Grip grille im a matching satin silver... should be cool..I may just wrap it in the same vinyl.. depends on what it looks like when i get it..

I already have possession of full 5k and 6k hid retrofit lighting w flicker capacitors for headlights and fogs, as well as full 5k led lighting 194s and festoon bulbs for the interior as well as a billet catch can ( w a removable top so i can build a proper baffle.. . otherwise these do NOTHING btw) and a polished intake. I assume this will kill power yet sound nice.. thats fine w me.

If anyone wants to know what i did to build a real vapor baffle in mine, PM me, ill tell you what to buy.

I havent decidee to what extent i want to VIP the interior yet tho... I know I will certainly run a VIP table for both rear doors as well as for the front passenger.. and I may go all out w the Kiku knot, neck pads, and rear curtains as well.

I think that a lighter grade tint in ceramic will pull that off better than blackout tint, but I did order up a set of light smoke vent shades for the windows as well as several authentic Junction Produce emblems.

I have a left over set of Strut emblems from another car as well, so i will likely place them as front fender badges and one on the rear of the trunk.

Im not sure if Ill do a black roof or if Ill do the VIP style trunk and roof wings.. Ill wait to see how it sits before I decide.. anyways.. thers my novel.. pics and results to be posted SOON!!!! thanks for reading.

See less See more
3 27
#84 · (Edited)
more updates for today..

the crappy part is that the drivers side initial vent shade adhesive strip was crummy.. so i had replaced it w 3m fully prepped w alcohol etc.. and even after a heat gun to help remove it.. i tore the clear coat completely off my paint.. :( D@MNNIT!!! Im going to try to mask and sand it this weekend w some 1000 grit and use some duplicolor clear coat, 2000 grit wet sand and a decent hand polishing/cut. its such a small area but its naaaasty and totally noticeable.

i also got some siiiick @ss swag for my Z.. not that anyone cares.. but dude.. this Z is off the chain.

purple titanium full engine bolts kit from Chris at dressupbolts.com.. and a rare and discontinued HKS oil cap.. found NEW! schweet.

My Zs upgraded fuel pump wasnt up to snuf.. dynoed with street gas at 500 whp and tourque but only 527 hp w Q16 gas... new fuel pump is installed and it went back to dyno shop yesterday.. Im stoked to see what it puts up for sure.

the Chrysler is holding strong in the Zs absence tho... still love this damn car. So easy.

#89 · (Edited)
do i see an extended front grille and suicide doors in your signature pic?

Real or Photoshop?
I dont even see a b pillar in there..

Very cool.

#88 ·
^ offered 75 shipped thru car-ids ebay store.

Snapped a few pics ( since I wasnt aware if thsi guy backed into me, was late, and had to run) as i was leaving supercross Friday.

#90 · (Edited)
i think im going to have a buddy slap this gappy @ss lip on and call it a day on that lol..

just ordered a new set of plugs ( OEM NGK ZFR5LP-13G platinums) and a Diablosport Intune.. will likely need a sprint booster soon to get rid of the hellacious pedal lag and surge that it has now.

Id rather have it drive well at its current hei8ght then to have it running poorly at 70k miles and bagged and still in need of a tune up.

Anyone who thinks "100k mile plugs" last anywhere near that interval must being using the best gas I have ever seen made by God himself from angel dinosaurs and fossils made of Jesus beard. lol.
They die and look like total shyte by about 50k miles imn my experience.

SHould be a nice change to liven the car up.. ill be paying a friend to suffer thru changing them tho. looks "unfun" to say the least.

#91 ·
spark plugs came in, i havent installed them yet tho..

But I did get my elbme that apparently had been sitting at the post office.

I spoke w Jo Milano owner os Showtime Autotrix and ordered the grey scale front wings elbme for the SS grille.. it actually came in a long time ago, they jsut never delivered to my door.

He has had issues w multiple charge backs, so COD is the way he rolls now, i can attest to his communication after hours, as well as the fact that he did ship the item, and i received it as expected and in a reasonably short time.

Ive read some bad press online and had asked him about it, and after talking w him, as well as after getting my correct part fast, I am pleased to report that you should NOT have ANY ISSUES or be afraid to deal w them.

The elblem is solid and fully 3m backed, this thing aint going nowhere lol.

Line it up and mark the edges w blue tape becuase once it goes on, its not comming back off.

After cleaning w ryubbing alcohol, i peeled a small strip and pushed it down, pulling the rest of the backing out as i moved along it and pushed it down into place..

The final result is clean, Art Deco, and classy as hell..

THANKS JOE!

The grill and matching fog mesh will likely go on this weekend.

#93 · (Edited)
man.. i ahve GOT to get off my duff and give my Chrysler some love lol..

I STILL havent installed my grilles..
in other news i did get my 350z back from the shop. its been a rat race trying to get 2 years worth of parts purchases installed onto this thing lol.

Engine clean up , dress up, hoods, hatches, you name it.. Ive been a busy guy.

Hers a few pics, but then again, this aint a 350z site and this is my 300 build thread lol.. but i feel some explanation on why i dropped off w my Chrysler is in order lol....ive really got to get some new shocks on thsi thing.. it rides terrible now that ive had another car to compare it to lol. BC COilovers go on as soon as i can afford them.. the Z is not cheap to make legal now..
:

It dynod at 650 whp on q16 gas also.

wing to be installed:

hatch being installed:

#95 · (Edited)
thanks guys.

Hey question for anyone who may have the answer:

I have a set of KYB Excel g shocks at home that i bought new for the chrysler..
im getting a drifting sensation when driving.

I brought it in to a local shop to diagniose and they were pretty cool w me.. they knew i was going to fix everything myself.. but showed me that my LCA bushings are bad, and that my tie rod ends are on their way out. rack is starting to leak lightly too.

I see there are kits on ebay for about 250 bucks that replace EVERYTHING up front, ball joints, most all arms w bushings in them already, ( uppers, lowers etc) and all rod and steering ends. But i also see that energy suspension makes bshing kits albeit far more $$
So whats the norm to use here?

Is that big kit overkill? is it still gna be too soft?
or

Is urethane too stiff for our cars w 22s on them?

Before i buy the wrong sht i wanted some advice. I figured id do eibach sway bars at the same time too.

My rear gear all looked pretty good, and actually my current shocks are dry.. but at 74k mi, im not sure if theyve been changed before or not.

#97 ·
Eh...probably not..
This cars already fairly juvenile.. that's kinda why I decided against airbags for now.
Once I get it nipped up and driving properly ( bushings, shocks, lip kit) I'm hoping it still looks like an grown adult owns the car vs an Asian kid. Lol.
My other rides ridiculous enough.. Lol.

#98 ·
ok so some new updates.. or direction i should say.

I bought all new arms for my front suspension, no more bad bushings and joints. Also have a set of KYB excel g shocks for it all around. Staying static.

Also going to pull my headliner , A and C pillars out to cover in black suede as well..
And im ditching the carbon fiber and going w a black wood/Ebony Zebra kit..probably a st wheel as well.... its time to make the car a bit more classy and refined vs just hooked up.

I hit a tire on the fwy and smashed off the chrome bumper trim, ordered new ones.. and i still have the SS grille and vent covers to install, As well as new fog lights and some pre made HID harnessees so i dont have to mess w flickering and one light being out all the damn time lol.

Will figure out direction on upgraded seat leather sooon after i see what the headliner does for the car.. probably go oem putty grey w black suede centers, black piping.
I realize as much as i love my Z, its a brat.
I really do still like my Chrysler.. its got great AC, and the sound system is fantastic. Very comfy car.. i jsut love it
A very simple front lip and side skirts and im all set.
SO i should have pics fairly soon. Most of the suspension gear goes on week after next, ill start ripping things out of it then n post pics.

#101 ·
The seats are special order top grain leather and suede..they dirty very easily and were incredibly, stupidly expensive lol..trash bags keep them clean at the shop.

#103 ·
well , the chrome trim came in and waas apaprently what i think fits a touring bumper.

I just emailed Jo at Showtime Autotrix to see what we can do to fix this up.

Aside from that, my schedule at work is moving to a nearly fully at home work day, so i hope to have the Chrysler fixed up sooner than later now.. no more driving to work means i can pull the car apart a bit more aggressively now.

a few new teaser shots of the Z btw.. its super off topic, but no one wants to just read text about my Chrysler.. we want pics to look at lol. !

#107 · (Edited)
K so " updates " for this week....
We did an impromptu photo shoot Friday..so I should have some pretty cool shots of the 300 soon..

Finally sold my other set of wheels for the z.. ( see ricer above Lol)..
Which afforded me a sick air management system..so bags it is. :)

Should be here next week..

Accuair e-level rocker system w key fobs.. dual 440 compressors.. and the accuair VU4 valve/Sol box..

For now I'll stick w installing them w these kyb shocks, uas bags n brackets too. ..will do eibach fr and rear sway bars ...and I found replacement rear suspension arms at rockauto..so that should tie up quite a lot of my time this summer as i build away..:)

#108 · (Edited)
got the pics back from the photoshoot, very cool indeed.. gives me better insight into the parts I am going to need to complete this.

Heres what I have planned out for this summers mods:
Im still waiting for bits n pieces to arrive for my Accuair set up, but that should be started fairly soon.
For aeros, I plan on doing the VIP300C front lip and Mad eyebrows.. i Spoke to Eugene a few days ago and that should be good to go.
Im not sure on side skirts or not, I have a friend at VIS so it will be an easy mod to swing.

OEM Chrysler 300c headlights will be happening soon, and I just ordered a set of chromed Billet putco dayliner DRLs for it. if youre not familiar w the drl daylinfers, they are billet aluminum and very bright.. hers a shot of what they look like on and off:

Very cool IMHO.

My chrome stainless wiper caps and window bottom trim came in ( current ones are swirled and one has a dent), but i waiting for the car to be clay barred cut and buffed before installing any of that.

I spoke the the 300c uk guys and plan to do a Stormtech bonnet ( hood) spoiler as well.

Anyways, heres the pics:

#109 ·
^^^nice pics!
I like those DRLs....may have to investigate them. They just install on the outside of the oem headlights?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.