Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Jumping in the deep end.. my VIP BUILD

147K views 270 replies 49 participants last post by  george123 
#1 ·
(Howdy.. still have no clue how the forum is set up.. its not what im used to.. so Im putting my "BUILD THREAD" here.. mods, please feel free to move and let me know where I should have posted it so I get a better sense. :) )

Anyways, after scouring google images, the forum and so on.. doing some photoshop work etc.. I find that in my opinion, this car of ours is VERY PICKY about its mods.

Seemingly inperceptible shifts can cause a HUGE difference in the end result look of these cars.
Not to make anyone feel bad, but the LAST thing i want is to have the look of the cars w larger than 22s.. or the look or these cars at ANY level of fitment that are still on factory suspension..

Im going for the VIP look, and commong from a big import background, Im ready to pul it off very well Id say. Ill be going for a similar stance:

Again, some of my work on the other car, not to go off topic, but still..:

It seems that the drop and the wheel choice make a bigger difference on this car than any other Ive dealt with in the import world.. it was maddening to chose my wheels , and i finally did today.

This is my first post in this thread and it will be updated as my "build" progresses.. but assure you, a dreamer I am not. ( see my cardomain page on my 350z builds here:http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3929104/2005-nissan-350z-enthusiast-coupe-2d/page-1) so yes, some of these are simply stock images for now.. ill post my own when they become reality inthe next month.

I saw youtube video of "Andys VIP 300" and it got me in gear.

I have a 2006 Cool Vanilla 300 Touring V6 that I am having delivered to me on friday, already closed the deal. I got it for a daily driver, and foudn it clean w 60k miles for 12 grand.

It has a few things on it already that i will likely repair or replace.. one being drop springs and what appaesr to be worn OEM shocks.. as well as blacked out LED tailights.
It also already has an exhaust system on it.. fine for now.

Sorry i dont have more/better pics.

Today i placed my order for these wheels as well.. Im very excited about them.. they are like nothing else Ive seen on 300s so far.

They are MRR HR3s just newly released in staggered fit in 22.. I had them re drilled and the back pad lightly shaved to assure a nice tuck when dropped. They are silver w a machined finish face for a nice shine that stays away from chrome.

Running 255/30/22 in front and 295/25/22 in back.

The car will be airbagged on UAS suspension, and Ill certainly need to get a new set of sway bars and struts as well.. and im sure that will highlight any camber issues, bushings, or rod ends that need replacing as well at that time.

I was able to source a used 2006 year Alpie IVA flip out screen and an i simple ipod system to incorporate.

I need to find out what stero is has from stock before i click "buy" on anything speaker wise, but will be running a 5 channel Alpine amplifier, Boston or similar speakers all around, as well as a single 12w3 in the back in a ZEnclosures box.

I have a friend who is willing to swap my taillights for his OEM red halogens, to which I may cook apart and do a halo mod internally for running lights.

Ill certainly replace everything w CREE LED bulbs as I had in my other car the 350z.. very bright ..and not cheap lol.

I also plan on ditching the aftermarket chrome headlights and go back to OEM so I can do a similar mod w AAC halos up front.

Here's some of my handiwork on the 350z headlights.. lots of work and mods.. great end results.

I always get one of these Kuda products in my cars,, very cool addition:

I really liked these two billet products, i think theyll match up good w the VIP trays..

Ill be replacing all the exterior chrome accents w 3M dinoc vinyl in bright brushed aluminum to sync w the wheels, and this includes the headlight bodies. ( will be painted similar) and will likely do an AAC oracle halo kit in 6k. Grip grille im a matching satin silver... should be cool..I may just wrap it in the same vinyl.. depends on what it looks like when i get it..

I already have possession of full 5k and 6k hid retrofit lighting w flicker capacitors for headlights and fogs, as well as full 5k led lighting 194s and festoon bulbs for the interior as well as a billet catch can ( w a removable top so i can build a proper baffle.. . otherwise these do NOTHING btw) and a polished intake. I assume this will kill power yet sound nice.. thats fine w me.

If anyone wants to know what i did to build a real vapor baffle in mine, PM me, ill tell you what to buy.

I havent decidee to what extent i want to VIP the interior yet tho... I know I will certainly run a VIP table for both rear doors as well as for the front passenger.. and I may go all out w the Kiku knot, neck pads, and rear curtains as well.

I think that a lighter grade tint in ceramic will pull that off better than blackout tint, but I did order up a set of light smoke vent shades for the windows as well as several authentic Junction Produce emblems.

I have a left over set of Strut emblems from another car as well, so i will likely place them as front fender badges and one on the rear of the trunk.

Im not sure if Ill do a black roof or if Ill do the VIP style trunk and roof wings.. Ill wait to see how it sits before I decide.. anyways.. thers my novel.. pics and results to be posted SOON!!!! thanks for reading.

See less See more
3 27
#137 ·
Bro... teach me...please.Lol.
Take a crummy cell pH pic n post it pointing to the fuse lol
Led is SUPER los current draw..that would be STELLAR of you.
I'll check back later..off to the gym..
Soo sore.. knuckles r all hacked up too Lol..
But no rest for the wicked lol

#138 ·
found it.. actually tapped the fuse all the way to the drivers side in the fuse box.. perhaps thats what you meant and i just didnt get it lol.

i had to drop the exposure down very low on the caera to get theese shots so they wouldnt just be blinding glares of light, but the end result is clean as hell.. theres ZERO in common w these vs ebay light strips lol.

ill take a few daytime pics today and post back later.

#140 · (Edited)
cool beans yeah i got that part squared away at least lol..

Thanks, i think they look pretty legit for sure.

They are Putco 208150 dayliners, ran me about 140 bucks shipped, and they are usually heavily back ordered.

Summit strung me along on a set for a month, then i found a set in stock on amazon.com

Just got a call back from Sean at the local Sunroofs Etc..

Hollandia 500 w panoramic with dual spoiler style sun roofs... 1500 bucks installed.. cant believe it. Cant be beat, so now this will a be a for sure as soon as we get the bags all done and the lip kits and such delivered and installed:

this car makes me pretty happy, i cant lie lol. been driving ( read: floating) around w bad LCAs up front for half a year waiting to replace the suspension and get these bags done.. it will be like a whole different car soon enuff.

#141 ·
The ish you're doing in this thread ain't even fair.

Major props bruh

#142 ·
Lol thanks man.. its getting there. Can only do what I can as the money comes..

#143 ·
I never once thought that money didn't stop coming!!! Damn 2 cars heavily done at the same time. NICE!

#144 ·
speaking of money coming in lol.. got a chunk i can spend coming in about a week or two..

time for hollandia 500 panoramic sunroof.. a finished bags set up, all new suspension arms and bushings and perhaps new seats.. stay tuned for pics. :)

#146 · (Edited)
will do very soon. :) ^

so as far as updates go, these pics are not so amazing and flashy lol...

Ive been working on this car, and my Z AND completly gutting and renovating a new house. so exhausted is not even the word to describe my withered and zombiew like appearance lately.

Cant skip the gym either, no excuses.. the gym IS life support, so tired or not, I go 4 times a week.

With the sweat issues im down another 5 lbs now lol.. this is nuts.

OK, so as of last night, i got all my final NPT fittings, water traps, etc in the mail.. and also my GT Mat..

^ wow that pic turned out terrible lol.. my bad.. well, thats the drain that will go thru the metal and outside under the car.

build a template for the tank holes and drilled out the bolt holes and the 1/4" drain tube hole and grommeted it..

Added some DEI fiberglass and aluminum heat sheilding for the area above the muffler.. i had it laying around leftover from my z engine bay and firewall, and i ahve noticed it gets fairly hot/warm back there. Cant be good for the compressors, so this should help give them a fighting chance in AZ heat.

I decided to mount my filters back underneath and behind the tank, so a few elbows, lines, and fittings later, Ill be all set.

Tomorrow after work, i will grab trunk liner and start covering the trunk well floor and start building my compressor mounting board and battery side templates.

It will have matching 5k white LED lighting run off the same trunk lighting circuit as the trunk light itself, 11x24" lexan plexi window, and refigured trunk floor opening so i can actually open the thing up w these fiberglass boxes Im running.

SO i have to:
carpet the spare well
build fascia walls for the battery
build and cover a compressor mount board
build a wire, ecu and line cover panel
light the thing
wire it up
modify the trunk floor and install window, cover with new carpet after that
drill bulkheads in
run lines and be done w the in car portion of the system, and id like to have all this handled by the weekend asied from the trunk liner and plexi work.

should have far more pictures of cool sh#t by then lol.

used dope then tape on all fittings

#147 ·
copped some new parts and made some more headway on my install this weekend...

picked up the oem wood st wheel:

picked up the OEM rear seat screen system...

got most of my bags system isntalled as well..

i just need to wire up my relays and compressors... and add the short air lines from the VU4 manifold to the bulkheads and it will be fully functional and ready for my suspension to be installed.

aside from that, ill be covering up all the wiring and junk past the partition ....and also have a small section of plexiglass to cut into the trunk floor so the tank and compressors and VU4 will all be partially visible.

#149 ·
#150 ·
There's a ves on ebay now for 319 bucks.
The picture I posted is a Google images pic..my item has not yet arrived.
Installation appears relatively easy..but will surely be a weekend job. I plan to reuse the console I have..and all wiring will be custom as I'm not running a factory radio or harness. And I have a DVD player in dash and will have to feed that signal back.. I imagine there will be some circuit board soldering involved..and the item I bought was a salvage..so I will likely have some cosmetic regard to carry out as well

So yesterday I found a line on some pristine heritage edition seats.. will require some rewiring for a power passenger seat.. not sure if the seat heaters will work either.. but the price is right..so that's my but of research for today Lol.

#151 ·
yee haw.. heritage seats front and rear sold, will be on the way shortly.... 700 bucks shipped. :)

#152 · (Edited)
i feel like im talking to myself lately lol..
anyways, aside from having the bags UNDER the car installed, and aside from the cover piece w window for my trunk, the airbag system istelf is in and complete now.. whew. I just bought a handfull of Norgren 90 ptc elbows, so ill be snapping my lines in today ( from the VU4 to the bulkheads) but wiring and fittings wise shes all done.

I went w a fairly smallwindow as well, 11x24, so only the edges of the tank and vu4 and compressors will show.. all the rest of the fascia pieces i built are there just for overall quality, none of it will really show thru the lexan, but i thot : why half @ss it" lol.

Also threw in my new steering wheel, however i dont like the ( sadly) useless silver thats showing becuase of the controls, and I will be taking the st wheel control switches out today and swapping the LX parts w carbon .

My friend Thanh makes some bad@ss VIP tables w a fantastic gloss finish, so we will be measuing up the dash and also behind the rear console on the floor.. factory wood match and chrome trim.. bang bang. :)

If anyone was interested in his work, check him out here:

https://www.facebook.com/VipTableDesign?ref=ts&fref=ts

Im getting ready to bring the car in for the UAS bags install as well as the sunroof...
but before it ships out, im trying to sneak in some dash speakers.. theyre really not necessary, but i figured crossing them over up high at 400hz and running an attenuator somewhere hidden like the glovebox would allow me to dial in some very light fill and bring the imaging up, hopefully not too harsh.

I went with a set of Bostons.. XTC crossovers, and will just piggy back them off the front door channels.
The home style volume knob has a very high power handling and is pretty well built.. should handle the power reductions well.

Its now been painted black with the other interior items using SEM paint and prep.

#153 ·
You're not talking to yourself - trust me. I'm sure there are many like me who open your thread to see what the heck you've added to your car today (seems it's almost a daily thing!).

Great looking ride, great looking wheels, great upgrades, and it looks like you do top notch work as well! Keep up the good work - we're all living vicariously through you!

#154 · (Edited)
Lol..was just playin.
I'm not that needy Lol..but thanks for the thumbs up for sure. :)

As for quality work..we shall see what happens once there's air pressure ;)

Leaks are leaks..no matter how pretty the set up. :)

Knock on wood!

#157 ·
Anytime I see your username, I open this thread. Your work and vision are both amazing. This is definitely one of my favorite threads from any forum in which I belong.

Reactions: bmccann101
#160 ·
These cars are my life's lingering pain and occasional fleeting joys lol.

i deeply appreciate hearing things like this.

Thank you..

and

you aint seen nothing yet lol. :fing02:

#159 · (Edited)
Thanks Mike..
Trying to get it done for HIN..but honestly I'm probably just entering my Z and unveiling this when I have more real BIPPU touches done...VIP tables, k break stripes etc..

Aired up for the first time today..Damnnit.. lines n fittings are perfect. Except for every fitting off the tank..all leaked. :(

Bummer, but I had a feeling honestly Lol.

The 444c duals sound very quiet BTW..but d@MN do they get hot Lol.think I'm going to add this squirrel cage fan as an exhaust pusher fan after I cover them w plexi etc..I can see that getting nasty fast in AZ summer trunk heat..

Here's the final shot w lines run out to the bulkheads.. norgren fittings.. good stuff.

i also added my front dash speakers and attenuator today.. i dont know why i dont stop to eat more often.. this stuff starts to take me forEVER when im hungry and just keep going lol.

Turned out great tho.. so nice being able to knock the sound down a few notches too so it blends better and doesnt kill my Boston 3.5s either lol.

I continue to be impressed w the sound. ( i did replace the grilles of course, this is just to show them as installed. )

#161 ·
Fed ex and UPS love being sprinkled on me today haha.

A little morning action:

and then the afternoon delight lol:

now that its all sitting here in front of me, i cant believe this box of bags ran me 800 dollars.. im in the WRONG line of work lol.

Dropping my tank off tomorrow to have these fittings leak proofed and then its time to slam it back together and get er down to my buddies shop this week as soon as hes done w my Z! I gotta have something to drive lol.

Im juggling whos going to have product and room for me first, the sunroof guy or my mechanic pal for the suspension install.

Planning on checking the front rotors, replacing the rears, looking at subframe bushings as well as wheel bearings while its under the knife.

#163 ·
and more stuff.. seats delivered yesterday to the shop.. not bad.
Im sure they need a little cleaning up, but are already in far better shape than my existing seats lol.

Will need to be creative in covering these Pepsi can logos up too lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.