Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Installed Grill..Added To Mod List

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  NautcaSprt6 
#1 · (Edited)
Thanks to CVP33 for forwarding the grille information that I needed and NautcaSprt6 for install instructions (not removing front cap) I was able to purchase and install the grille on that I like. For all of you that have put on grille's with no problems, my hat is off to you. It was not that difficult, but was not nearly as quick as I thought, etc.

The payoff is worth it (IMO).

Here are the photo's...not that you haven't seen a grille before:trink26: :eek:wned:

Attachments

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
todqb10 said:
good looking grill. where did you get it? i have a precision mesh grill coming in the mail next week. any instruction on the install would be appreciated
Here is a link that I started to go by (below). After I had problems removing the pins in the wheel well I said..." I remember a thread about not removing the front clip" and just worked around it. In the end, it would be easier to follow the directions on the link below.

http://www.grillcraft.com/installs/i...ew&install=149http://www.grillcraft.com/installs/i...ew&install=149

#4 ·
todqb10 said:
good looking grill. where did you get it? i have a precision mesh grill coming in the mail next week. any instruction on the install would be appreciated
I too installed a new Precision grille using this link provided by NautcaSprt6 (thank you) http://www.300cforums.com/forums/exterior-visual-modifications/7789-finally-finished-my-grill.html?highlight=finally+finished+grill and it was not difficult. Took about 2 hours of actual work time and didn't remove the bumper and didn't break any stock grille pieces but you need that special screwdriver (local H/W store).
Jim

#5 ·
Moose said:
Thanks to CVP33 for forwarding the grill information that I needed and NautcaSprt6 for install instructions (not removing front cap) I was able to purchase and install the grill on that I like. For all of you that have put on grills with no problems, my hat is off to you. It was not that difficult, but was not nearly as quick as I thought, etc.

Here are the photo's...not that you haven't seen a grill before:trink26:
:eek:wned:

Hey Moose the car is looking good. I love the color SRT you went with ,lol. Nice choice,lol. I installed my grille with the fascia off, only because we were doing so much to the front end at one time, for Spring Fling. It made more sense for us to remove the entire thing.

We had to install PIAA HID's(I was able to modify the OEM fog brakets for the PIAA's), lower grille inserts (had to paint insides of OEM lower vents black first), headlight washer delete, Putco main grille install and reinstall Halo headlights after getting them back from AAC.

To do the Fog, headlights and head light washer delete, you have to remove the front fascia, no other way around it.

Happy modding Moose.

#7 ·
Moose said:
Thanks to CVP33 for forwarding the grill information that I needed and NautcaSprt6 for install instructions (not removing front cap) I was able to purchase and install the grill on that I like. For all of you that have put on grills with no problems, my hat is off to you. It was not that difficult, but was not nearly as quick as I thought, etc.

Here are the photo's...not that you haven't seen a grill before:trink26: :eek:wned:
I might of missed it. Who makes that grille?

#8 · (Edited)
300CUL8R said:
I might of missed it. Who makes that grille?
The link is below, 300CUL8R.

FreeBirdSRT, I agree on removing the fascia to do even the grill install. One fights the bottom four screws on the grill way too much...

In saying that, how does one remove the clips on the inner fender, or fender well without damaging them? The more I was prying on them, the more I wanted to try something different. Also, in the back of my head was a memory of reading - some of the clips on the fascia that are to be removed on the grill install can't be used. I don't mind getting parts, but once I start something late at night - I like to have it back together before I go to bed.

Moose.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-05-06-Chrysler-300-Chrome-Mesh-Bentley-Grille-Grill_W0QQitemZ8052942899QQcategoryZ33645QQrdZ1QQc mdZViewItem

#9 ·
Moose said:
The link is below, 300CUL8R.

FreeBirdSRT, I agree on removing the fascia to do even the grill install. One fights the bottom four screws on the grill way too much...

In saying that, how does one remove the clips on the inner fender, or fender well without damaging them? Answer: You can't take them out without damaging them. My painter noticed that when I brought the car to him. He ordered the clips for me, so I don't have part numbers. The more I was prying on them, the more I wanted to try something different. Also, in the back of my head was a memory of reading - some of the clips on the fascia that are to be removed on the grill install can't be used. I don't mind getting parts, but once I start something late at night - I like to have it back together before I go to bed. If it is your daily, then I understand wanting to have it back together before next day. Just remember not to rush with some of these parts, like the ever so flexible front fascia and her various clips, etc. Sometimes by pulling, pushing, forcing you actually do more bad than good. Just be careful. One small mistake can turn into a $$$ mistake.

Moose.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-05-06-Chrysler-300-Chrome-Mesh-Bentley-Grille-Grill_W0QQitemZ8052942899QQcategoryZ33645QQrdZ1QQc mdZViewItem

#10 ·
Glad I can be of assistance with the Grill removal thread. (should be a sticky)
Just a heads up, when you put the grill back, you shouldnt put all 4 screws back that were on the bottom holding the grill. I just put the 2 most inner screws back and left the 2 outter ones out.
I removed my grill yesterday again to re-modify my grill and it was no hassle at all. It took me no more than 10 min to remove my grill.
Before when you said about the clips, thats the reason why I didnt go that route, plus I read once they come out there as good as done.
Anyway, next thing you need is the lower vents and your set.
The grill looks good.
Ever think on Paint matching the mesh and leaving the border chrome? Just an idea to play around with.
NS6

#11 ·
NautcaSprt6 said:
Glad I can be of assistance with the Grill removal thread. (should be a sticky)
Just a heads up, when you put the grill back, you shouldnt put all 4 screws back that were on the bottom holding the grill. I just put the 2 most inner screws back and left the 2 outter ones out.
I removed my grill yesterday again to re-modify my grill and it was no hassle at all. It took me no more than 10 min to remove my grill.
Before when you said about the clips, thats the reason why I didnt go that route, plus I read once they come out there as good as done.
Anyway, next thing you need is the lower vents and your set.
The grill looks good.
Ever think on Paint matching the mesh and leaving the border chrome? Just an idea to play around with.
NS6
Brilliant minds think alike..lol. Yes, I am thinking about painting the inner grill portion, but for now I want to see how it is without.

I wish I would have thought about leaving the outer bottom screws out. Man, those took FOREVER to get back in. The great thing about going into that job once, is it is sooo easy to go back in and do what you want, i.e. change grills or like you did, mod the grill.

I'm thinking of taking my stock grill and moding it simular to yours and then swaping between grills every once in a while to change things up.

Moose.

#12 ·
Moose said:
Brilliant minds think alike..lol. Yes, I am thinking about painting the inner grill portion, but for now I want to see how it is without.

I wish I would have thought about leaving the outer bottom screws out. Man, those took FOREVER to get back in. The great thing about going into that job once, is it is sooo easy to go back in and do what you want, i.e. change grills or like you did, mod the grill.

I'm thinking of taking my stock grill and moding it simular to yours and then swaping between grills every once in a while to change things up.

Moose.
I understand where your coming from.
The first time changing the grill was a B****, but yesterday when I did it, it was so easy.
What you got in mind about your grill outta curiosity?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.