Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

2 Years wait for the Hellcat but least its coming.

5K views 27 replies 7 participants last post by  Moparlife 
#1 ·

See less See more
#5 ·
I imagine as far as business cases go they may do better with the Charger nameplate in Australia. I'd prefer it to be called the Valiant Charger tho. I never liked Challengers. I wonder if it will inspire Ford to bring in the bigger Mustangs. I also like the look of the Camaro exterior. Heresy I know but still it's not a bad look. Such a shame no one will likely see a 300 Hellcat.

#13 ·
The charger has grown on me but I still dont like the fact that it's 4 door. But as 4 doors go.....

But it would be the Challenger for me. I love the modern retro look and personally I think it's been done right on the Chally.

Would I buy one?

Depends on the price. NOt in the position at the moment anyway TBH but sometimes we can achive great things given the right inspiration.

But if it carries the normal "look everyone... a nice car in Australia" taxes, then forget it. Because let's say..... it cost towards $100K, I'm sorry but I'd be going the extra mile and scratching the Ferrari itch.

Probably slower. Probably less reliable. Probably sell it down the track and get a Chally anyway. But it's something I MUST do if given the chance.

If however we see American prices passed on in Australia, that changes the game.

And do be honest, will I'd LOVE the HC, FFS sell me an SRT or even an RT at close to American prices and I'd be happy.

I'd even take the SRT8 core edition Chally and be over the moon!

But I aint gonna spend Ferrari money importing one.

#14 ·
I just much prefer the old truck grill Charger over the new one, would have on of the old ones in a flash. Challenger v Camaro v Mustang, the Challenger is probably the most practical of the three and I reckon the most balanced looks wise if a little bland, Camaro is tiny inside, Mustang not much better. I do like the GT350 Mustang and some of the other hotted up ones, I'm sure Ford will bring in some of the more performance orientated versions and good call on not releasing the V6 here, they are just ***.

#21 ·
Considering the demand Pat, that's impressive. You must have a great rapport with your dealer
Because of my business, we have bought over 50 vehicles there over the years.

Here's a shot of my Hellcat at speed on the track from yesterday:

#25 ·
Bugger. I was hoping they would be 275/40 so Michelin might consider doing that size in the super sport.

I'm guessing you meant 275 and not 175

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.