Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Latest up date re: FCA ACCC Complaint.

4K views 33 replies 4 participants last post by  geoff c 
#1 ·
I have attached a copy of the response to my case with FCA and ACCC investigation. I know what Steve is going to say lol but I am not excepting this for one min. I have sent a full detailed response back to them and my intentions to take this back too the ACCC. I suggested they re look at my case before I do this.Part of my response was that
I feel that your outcome is a complete waste of time, I intend to refer this matter back to the ACCC with the observations that the process as a waste of time, and a complete white wash.as follows.
Now the copy of their slack respond to the actual case ( Note ) they could not even sign the letter.

Dear Mr Camps

Review of your past complaint

We confirm that we received your acceptance form on 6 January, 2016, indicating your acceptance of FCA's offer to review your past complaint about your vehicle.

As mentioned in our last letter to you, the review will be done by an Independent Person with the assistance of FCA personnel.

We will aim to complete the process within a month of receiving your acceptance form, and will contact you to advise you of the outcome of the review (if complete) or to advise you of progress.

Kind regards,

FCA Australia

See less See more
#2 ·
Trust me, their 'independent person' will be as far away from independent as his pay packet will stretch. :) I'll reserve any other comment that you might be expecting me to make Geoff, on the basis that they haven't actually said much of anything, one way or the other. Besides, I completely and utterly support you, irrespective of any smartarse comments I might have referring to some geographic hotspot in the Sydney CBD.

:D

#3 · (Edited)
Steve I have pushed this since day one of owning the car ,even though I no longer own the SRT or the other 2 / 300c`s , I wont except or allow FCA too think they can just fob me off like this as I also want a result of all the Australian owners. If the ACCC can fine Coles over the deception of freshly baked bread ,I am sure they will be awaiting what FCA do with their cases that we have raised in the past. I will also be sending this information and any evidence I have too the ACCC once again, as there is no way that a major manufacturer should be allowed to be deceptive is the way they also regard all their customers as idiots. I have always said if they think I will just curl up and go away then they need to think again. I can guarantee one thing that I will never buy another Fiat / Chrysler Product as long as my arse points too the ground. My cousin was about to buy a new SRT8 Jeep and I talked him out of it and I few others I know along the way. I may only be one person but I can make a lot of noise when I am pushed. Thanks and lets hope I can get some help for the rest of the owners of the FCA products and just may be some honesty in the way they conduct their business practice.
I am sure that the ACCC will be interested in how they come too this decision and who did the reviews if anyone. I was not contacted to submit any further evidence to back up my claim ,surly that would tell you that it is very suspicious and a white wash, If nothing else it smells so bad.

Cheers
Geoff

#6 ·
Thanks Dave I read that and too be honest the review seems to be a complete white wash , after filling in the requested form from FCA they did not ask for any evidence from me to support my claim. They have at not time had a disclaimer in the owners manual and the fact that I was also contacted via phone from one of their own representatives and we both while on the phone went though the Voice Recognition process for the Sat. Nav. then I was told at that time along with a lot of other time all documented on this forum as I up dated the embers each time I spoke too Rob Lawson and his responses that were nothing less than a clear case of deception from day one. Up until the registration to except a review there was never a admission put forward that the Voice recognition was never meant too work in Australian cars as it does in other countries. So what changed ?? the ACCC effected that and nothing else. I am still waiting for a response to the email I sent back suggesting they have another look at my case, plus I mentioned I would be passing on my concerns too the ACCC. I thank you for your help, I don't know if other members know but Dave , may self and a friend this is a Barrister sent a detailed wont letter too the ACCC about the dealing we had with FCA and their lack of concern etc.
If need be I think I just might integrate a class action and I am sure there would be enough unhappy customers willing to be involved.I don't want it too \go that far but FCA need to understand we are not idiots .Plus to stop treating their customers as such.
They are not doing the Brand any favours.

Cheers
Geoff

#18 · (Edited)
I received the chrysler letter of review offer today. Will be filling in the form asking for a review even though I don't own the SRT in question any more. I will be asking for a response to the letters sent to them re- headlight fogging and VR not working.

Geoff if they respond to my review as they did to yours I will be sending it to Trung at the ACCC because that response was bollocks.

#20 · (Edited)
Geoff got a shitty reply in relation to his review from FCA (a real fob off) . It has now been forwarded to the ACCC to see what they have to say. Its as if the review was done by Rob Lawson. It was not even signed.

I will probably get a similar response as Geoff got . It will be forwarded straight to the ACCC if it is.

#23 ·
Daryl is still dreamin of a Hellcat. I suspect he lives in the same Noddyland as the sales monkey that wanted $89k. (unless I'm very much mistaken which has happened before... last time was around 1972 I think).

As for Chryslers letter to you. Wow, what a disgusting pack of lying shonks. "Independent person" that's rich! It's amazing what some people won't prostitute their services for. I'd like to know who it was and who they work for.

#27 ·
Steve,
One of the companies that do the buying of cars for people and companies, that was mentioned earlier in the post are Auto Advantage ,they do all the dealing etc for you and get the best price ,plus deliver the car personally to your door they say on their adverts that they Guarantee their customers that they will save money,time and stress when buying a car. You tell them what you want and they find the best deal. they seem to be based in Newcastle as the phone number is 02 49615200 . Best of luck.
Cheers
Geoff

#31 · (Edited)
This is amazing, I had a response from the ACCC today via. email yet I still have not heard a thing from the wonderful crew at FCA about my request to review my case after their half hearted decision; I want them too look at it for the genuine reason . That is why I made the case in the first place ,instead of fobbing me off.

At least the ACCC are mortaring what FCA are doing with their reviews , so it will be interesting too see where this ends up. I am not resting and allowing FCA to treat me and all its customers here in Australia like idiots.

They won`t win if they think, I will be fading away so they don't have to respond or fix the issues raised with them back in 2013.for all of the Chrysler 300 SRT owners here. That also means legal action if need be, It has been mentioned by a friend in the legal profession that there is a good case for a class action if we got together and we would win hands down when it comes to the why FCA treat their customers here and the companies way of conduction business ,along with the deception and misleading information they provide as a excuse when it comes too the problem the brand has.

Cheers
Geoff

#33 ·
This is amazing I had a response from the ACCC today via email and still have not heard a thing from the wonderful crew at FCA about my request to review my case and look at it for the genuine reason I made the case in the first place ,instead of fibbing me off. At least the ACCC are mortaring what they are doing so it will be interesting too see where this ends up. I am not resting and allowing FCA to treat me and all its customers here in Australia like idiots.They wont win if they think I will be fading away so they don't have to respond or fix the issues raised with them back in 2013.

Cheers
Geoff
Geoff I'm one of those people to I will not be going away either. No retreat , no surrender.>:D>:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.