#1 · (Edited)
Warning..You can lock both FOBs in car with engine running

Pre story setup.

1. Saturday afternoon,
2. country vic. 35min from nearest town
3. Cold about 4 degrees
4. no home phone

Just a heads up.

On the weekend we had some bad luck. Sure it could of been prevented but shit happens.

I put my FOB in the car (in the groove near the shifter) and started car to warm up for 10 min (also stuck my mobile phone in the door)

Went out to car with wife and 2 year old daughter, She loaded kids bags and also her handbag (with her mobile in it) and back of the car and shut door.

My Daughter walking behind her spun around and pressed the lock door button on the drivers door.

BOOM.

Now there is no way in.

after around 35 min of calling around (using iPad to connect to mobiles locked in the car). Decided to smash rear passenger window and unlock back door to get FOBs.

Possibly a bad design as you should not be able to lock the door from the outside with the FOBs inside the car ?

I know you cannot shut the boot with FOBs in the boot.

Ahh well getting fixed this Friday for $580

Outcomes:

1. removed key from FOB and now keeping in house
1.1 might even get a spare cut and sticks it back in FOB

2. daughter always get buckled into car first
2.1 told off to never press button again

3. Chrysler AU are FN useless
4. RACV are FN useless
5. full size window is cheaper to break than the smaller ones.
6. Windows are about $75 USD.. $680 here from Chrysler (nice mark up)

See less See more
#6 ·
I think there is a logic flaw because the same thing happened to us with the car actually off and both fobs in the car and NO ONE locked the car. It actually locked as my wife was getting out. She usually gets out and opens the rear door to retrieve her purse (which had the fobs in it). But as she shut the front door the locks engaged and she was no where near the handle to inadvertently lock it.

#8 ·
I called autoclub, car opened in about 20 minutes. Now there's a hide a key.

Next thing you know the fob will fail and your key will not be handy because you left it at home, fortunately there was a Home Depot nearby when that happened and I bought batteries for the fob. Because, well the key was out of the fob and at home...

Now there is a hide a key on the car and a fob with no battery in the car.

Keyless would be a nice option to delete.

#9 ·
Gosh, that must have been a really bad day for you mate. Shouldn't there be some easy roadside assistance team that can help you out with getting your keys out of the car without you having to go for the windows? Whatever it is, get the car fixed and put the issue behind you!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.