Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

2nd gen SRT8 vs. Updated SRT

11K views 74 replies 7 participants last post by  Moparlife 
#1 ·
Hi guys

I'm looking at upgrading from my 2013 300 SRT8 with the 5speed. Just wanting to hear from those of you who have upgraded my version to the updated SRT with the 8 speed and different lights? Was it worth it really? What are the major differences you've noticed? Likes and dislikes? Basically wanting to see if its worth the 30k change over or to wait until something else comes out (whats due next?).

Thanks in advance guys.

#2 ·
It really is a matter for you as to whether it's worth it or not. Expect a big hit at trade-in time. Personally I don't regret it, the 8 speed is just a delight by comparison. Steering wheel buttons and instrument cluster are also a great improvement. Voice recognition working as it should is a bonus.... well, not really a bonus when it's merely working like it should and should have in the earlier versions. Maps of course are the usual Chrysler Australia disgrace. So while I'm here talking about that here's a shout out to Chrysler Aus.... Go f%#k yourselves maggots.

lol. Ah, that feels better.

In any case I now don't use the maps as I installed the Android (albeit 4.4) interface and I prefer Waze.

All in all I love the car.

#3 · (Edited)
Another great thing about the new 2016 SRT is that you dont get fogging headlights any more which is great. I' well chuffed with my car. I will check with my local dealer to see if there are any map updates comming soon. I was told a while back that there where updates coming, we'l see.

Other wise I might have to try the interface like Steve to get the updates.

Chrysler Australia are a bunch of baboons arses.

Thats my rant. Still love the car have owned mine for one and a half years no problems everithing works as it should.

#6 ·
Mate I have one as well, love the car fun to drive and playing with all the gadgets.
The engine electronics are very European sports car like, which is soooo much fun, not good for fuel economy tho lol...
Didn't buy it to save on fuel any ways.
I agree with the Steve and Vorhee only down side so far map up dates, and not being able to google up date like our gen2s would let us.
Chrysler service has been good to me, but I have noticed a noise coming from rear end like another owner on here dream2own, so we will see what Chrysler have to say and how they fix this..
Oh my air bag service warning has come on so I am booked into dealer tomorrow to check out..

Cheers...

#12 ·
Yeah easy Dave, hard part is getting the screen surround off.

As for the internet.... hacking into that box doesn't get you into the cars canbus so I don't see a problem.
Thanks Steve, might have to order one of these. Atleast it has map updates and they dont cost anything.

I also like the other apps on the android system and the internet.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

#17 ·
Thanks for the replies all. Just trying to figure out if its worth the 30k change over or not. I've heard the exhaust is louder on the newer ones, is that right? Is the 8spd really that much better? Does it blip revs on downshifts? I'd be looking at the hyperblack model, I dig the black headlights.

#26 ·
You guys were right. Just took delivery of the car yesterday and it's awesome.

Attachments

#27 ·
I don't think those headlights and taillights in the hyperblack are as effective as the earlier ones. Listen, seeing as I don't drive mine much I'm prepared to swap them out for you with the ones in my car. Hey, I know it's overly generous but that's just the type of guy I am.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.