Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Hemi57

21K views 83 replies 55 participants last post by  Spectre 
#1 ·
I am sorry to bring you all some sad news. Our moderator Hemi57 passed away late this afternoon after a long illness. Our thoughts are with Paula at this difficult time.
Cheerio John

Johns Funeral Service Video

John Weymouth RIP video by Michaelr300 - Photobucket

#29 ·
I am sorry to bring you all some sad news. Our moderator Hemi57 passed away late this afternoon after a long illness. Our thoughts are with Paula at this difficult time.
Cheerio John

So very sorry to hear this sad news.Being in South Australia I was only able to get to a limited number of get togethers and only met John two or three times, but each time Julie and I were made to feel most welcome. Thank you John.Julie and I send our love and prayers to Paula. God bless and rest in peace John.

Gordy and Julie

#31 ·
good-bye my friend..

I was lucky enough to have breakfast at a favourite cafe of John's with him just 4 weeks ago. It's something we used to do a couple times a week when we worked in the same building. As always, he was in great spirits and more interested in what the family and I were up to than himself. We talked about cars, family, health, life, work and the short holiday he and Paula had just been on. He laughed at the silly stories I told him about my kids and we both laughed as he struggled to remember a couple of things that he would normally not forget. It was only 2 hours but a conversation I'll never forget.

When I took him home, we agreed he owed me the next coffee and with a handshake and John's customary "Take it easy", I left. I wish we could do it again.

Take it easy John. I'll miss you and I'm sure everyone here will too.

My thoughts are with Paula, John's family and his many friends.

#32 ·
First may i say my deepest condolences to John's family and especially to his wife Paula....i had the priviledge of meeting John and Paula back in October of 2006....the 2 of them arrived in Vancouver on holidays and i offered to give them a tour of the city for the day....i picked them up at their hotel in my 4 month old Charger....John commented on how cool of a car it was and we talked about the differences between his 300 and my Charger....i showed them some of the sights around Vancouver and we had lunch at a nice restaurant on Granville Island....i took some pics after we ate and i also gave John some Canadian Chrysler/Dodge brochures.....I then returned John and Paula to their hotel later that afternoon....John was such a friendly and caring person....he and Paula offered a tour of their city if i was ever in Australia....He was such a nice man and will be truly missed....

#33 ·
What terrible news I heard today. When I first joined 3CF forum John was the first Aussie to welcome me with open arms. I remember ringing him to help me organise one of our many meet and greets and he couldn't do enough for me. I still have his phone number in my phone and it saddens me that i can't use it ever again. Harmony and I remember having lunch at John and Paula's one day after a meet and greet and their hospitality was unmatched.

A genuine, humble, generous, lovely man who will be sorely missed.

Paula, Harmony and I send our thoughts and deepest condolences to you. A true gentlemen and I think everyone would agree with me when I say the world just lost a little bit of sunshine.

RIP mate

Shane & Harmony.

#35 ·
The funeral service for Hemi57 will be this wednesday the 21st July 2010 at the Springvale Cemetary at 10-45am. Sorry, at this point in time I cannot tell you which chapel it will be at. But from all the conversations I have had the last few days I think you will be able to look for quite a few Chryslers and know you are at the right place. Will post the full info. later.
Cheers

#49 ·
Ok. The funeral as above in the "Blair Chapel".
If you cannot find it then you had better lookout for a certain silver 300c with the reg plate "SRT 6.1" and a brown El Camino with the reg plate "EARLE" as Paula has arranged to get them there for John.
Cheers

#36 ·
#46 ·
I was one of the fortunate people to have meet John and Paula on their last two visits to the US. John was a gentlemen and inspiration to all those he came in contact with. John never felt sorry for his self! He is truly going to be missed. Paula I am sorry for your loss and for the loss of all those who were fortunate enough to have known John.

#47 ·
Here's some pics Devin (Moose) wanted to post...

Bernie

#48 ·
To my good friend Jhon

Dear mate, as you look down on us and see how sadden we are of you passing, just remeber how much Joy and happinest you have brought to all you have touched in your life. Paula was there for you wright though it all and loves you forever we will all miss you. Good bye my friend goodbye.

Rob and Rose
NHOM.

#53 ·
Here's a little bit more on the incredible life of John, written by sweet Paula (hope you don't mind) and sent to Moose (Devin) upon my request:

"John was born in England and migrated to Australia in the mid 1960's.

John and I first met when I was 21 and he was 24. We married on March 24 1979. We've been married for 31 special years.

He had a wonderful personality and a smile for everyone. Meeting him for the first time was like meeting an old friend. He loved his cars and loved muscle type cars, from Aussie muscle cars to American muscle cars. His ability to fix cars mechanically and electrically was just amazing. His model car collection is a sight to behold. MyNephew has inherited his love of cars and he's hurting real bad.

Travel was another favourite thing to do.... Travelling all over the US... He would just get in a left hand drive car like it was second nature (you guys in the US try coming here and driving a right hand drive like it was second nature). He just loved driving. We caught up with a lot of people who he met via mutual car enthusiast websites... 300C and Al Camino Central. Last trip we met up with friends from Alabama, South Carolina and San Diego. And if we ever went to the US Devin and Heidi were always our favourite people to visit. We consider all these people dear friends, that's what John was like, touched everyone's heart."

Indeed, he did touch everyone's heart...

Peace and love to you, Paula and friends. May you be comforted throughout John's service this Wednesday. :grouphug:

#54 ·
Just saw this myself, and wish to add my sense of loss and condolense to Paula and the family. I knew John only through the forum and interactions as a moderator, and yet I felt like I knew him. I always hoped we'd meet some day during one of his/their jaunts on holiday in the states. Now I'll just have to wait for a more eternal connection.

May God provide strength, peace and encouragement to Paula and the family as they gather together with friends from far and wide to remember all the good things he contributed to their lives.

All the best.

#56 ·
Johns Service of Rememberance

Regardings John service, we'll be there in mind but not body, unfortunately i'm in the middle of NSW in Griffith working until Thursday.

Arnie, If there is to be collection for a charity or whatever that John would have liked us to contribute too, let us know.

Will be thinking of John, in, as already mentioned, Hemi Heaven.

#57 ·
What a fantastic turnout at Johns Funeral by family and friends. Plenty of members from here paying their respects and plenty here in spirit as well.
John will be remembered for many things including his love for Paula, friendly pleasant nature, fleet of cars, both big and small, effort he put into 3cf, his infectious nature an cheeky grin.
We will all miss you!

Paula, Arnold and others thought it would be good to repost this picture again as Johns final farewell to us all!

#58 · (Edited)
I Was Informed Last Night By Shane (aussie Hemi)Of The Sad News Of John's Passing, and I Could Not Believe It. My Condolences To Paula And Family. Please Except My Apology For Not Making It To The Funeral. I Am Really Sad And Feel Like The World Has Lost Another Great & Wonderful Human Being . Not Fair I Say. Why Is It Always That The People Who Least Deserve It, Have To Suffer Like This. John Was One Of The Friendliest And Most Welcoming People I Have Ever Met. He Made My Family & I Feel So Very Welcome, And He Made The 300c M&G In Melbourne For What It Is & All That It Stood For. A Great Time With Many Nice People Sharing The Passion Not Only For Cars, But Life In General. Thanks To You John, I Have Become Close Friends With Shane And Harmony And Their Children And For That I Will Always Be Greatfull. You Will Be Sadly Missed, But You Will Always Be In Our Hearts & Thoughts. RIP John.
RICHARD, JANINE, CHLOE & NICHOLAS SATORA

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.