Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Base v HD v Performance Brakes?

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  stevesrt8 
#1 · (Edited)
I was reviewing alldatadiy.com for replacement rotors and comparing them to parts available from Chrysler Parts, Dodge Parts, Jeep Parts - Authentic OEM Car & Truck Parts Direct | Mopar Parts Source. I see there are three flavors. for example, the front rotor part numbers are as follows:

Without Performance Brakes, Without Heavy Duty 4779196AG, $95.50 (option codes BR3, BRD)
Without Performance Brakes, With Heavy Duty 5154118AD $162.00 (option codes BR6, BR8)
With Performance Brakes (no heavy duty option) 5290537AB $129.00 (option code BR4)

Can someone tell me the difference between the three?

To add to the confusion, the Specifications sections for alldatadiy has wear limits for the "17 Inch Brakes (Base)" and "18 Inch Brakes (Premium)" but it doesn't say how this maps out to the three flavors listed above.

Finally, Mopar lists different pads for the different brake options. if I wanted to get aftermarket ceramic pads, how to I be sure they will be the right fit? For example, what if the heavy duty rotors are larger than the base rotors? Will the aftermarket pad fit both sizes of rotors?

Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
I just went to my parts store and told them I wanted their best pads for my car. After I provided him with my vehicle year and trim, he brought out his best ceramics. If they don't fit, I will waltz them back to the store. Never had any parts issues with him before. These parts guys usually know what they are doing, and will give you the right pads for your car. Just tell him you want eiter the best, mid range, or el cheapos.

#3 ·
so sorry for all this confusion. Alldata is good but not infallible, as there are no 17" or 18" brakes on any LX or LC cars.

Remember that brake pads are like ice cream, over one million flavors. For some really great advice on brakes check with our supporting vendor Zeckhausen Racing. The owner Dave Z used to own an SRT and is very knowledgeable and helpful.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.