Speaker replacement - Page 3 - Chrysler 300C Forum: 300C & SRT8 Forums
Interested in the Dodge Challenger? Be sure to check out the Dodge Challenger Forum for your Dodge Challenger information!
» Featured Product
» Buyers Guide

Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Chrysler 300C Forum: 300C & SRT8 Forums > Chrysler 300 & All LX Models Forums > Car Audio/Alarms/UConnect/Navigation
Register Home Forum Active Topics (T) Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans

Car Audio/Alarms/UConnect/Navigation This section is for topics related to the LX audio/video and navigation systems, alarms, upgrades, modifications, etc.

300cForums.com is the premier Chrysler 300c Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2012, 11:29 PM   #21 (permalink)
Points: 8,080, Level: 1 Points: 8,080, Level: 1 Points: 8,080, Level: 1
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Car: 2012 Chrysler 300 Limited
Member Number: 38430
Well finally the car is at the shop for the stereo install. Excited to hear the results!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2012, 12:47 PM   #22 (permalink)
Points: 3,879, Level: 1 Points: 3,879, Level: 1 Points: 3,879, Level: 1

Car: 2012 CHRYSLER 300S V8 RWD
Member Number: 21453
How did it come out?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-15-2012, 06:07 PM   #23 (permalink)

Ok, well I wanted to give an update.
I got the car back from the installer. They did a great job installing everything. They did not have enough time to do a full tune on it, so this Sat. it gets done.
Here is what i can tell you. Becasue of the way Chrysler has done the stereo with the front channels being pre-crossed over from the deck amp. it causes alot of funky problems. To fix this, I got an LCQ-1. The installer got it installed but did not set the Dip switches yet, so me and my will to wait for this weekend failed after only 12 hours, i dove in and started working on the stereo. I have some expierance with stereo install, but from about 15 years ago, but anyways I discovered the proper dip switch settings, checked all the wires for proper connections and found two swapped, so I just fixed them really quick and then turned it on. WHAT A DIFFERANCE!!! Talk about nice, loud and it has BOOM when needed or wanted and the guitars now sound like guitars. LOL
I will tell you this, because of the way you install the LCQ-1 and then Sum up the front chanels and then use the rear deck full range channels for the sub, the fader on the deck now works kinda like a bass nob now. If I want to fade, I do it now on the amp (not the sub amp of course). So other than that, oh ya, now it sounds like a stereo that a 300 deserves!!!
It took ALOT of research, time and $$$ to get this all, but WELL worth it! I can give part numbers and exact eplanations if someone here wants it. I just do not want to bore those of you that dont care with all the details.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:56 AM   #24 (permalink)

Cool. No such thing is boring details...someone can choose to read or not.

I was thinking about just replacing the rear deck speakers and the front door speakers by using the pac audio LOC made for our cars. It provides a full range signal for all 4 channels.

Do you see any issue with running the dash/rear door/factory subs from the factory amp, and the front door and rear deck speakers off of an aftermarket amp as described above?
Old 11-20-2012, 12:14 PM   #25 (permalink)

rvaldez1,
I want to make sure that you understand that I had the Alpine System with two dash 2 1/2" (or somnething close to that) little speakers, front door 6x9" and rear upper deck 6x9. I do not have any rear door speakers or stock sub.
The reason I am telling you this, is that we were originally worried about the possible time delay with the front speakers with the reat deck speakers. Lucky for me, there was no time delay, BUT the front door speakers were Pre-Amped to mid level output and the upper dash little speakers Pre-Amped to highs, while the rear deck speakers were set to full range. If i understand you, you have the problem with not having full range to the front speakers taken care of. That is great.
It appears that you have two dash speakers, two front door speakers, two rear door speakers and two rear deck speakers along with a possible sub. I am not sure what range all the speakers have, but I would be cautious. If you run the front dash and rear doors off the stock amp then amp up the front door and rear deck, you may overrun the dash and rear door speakers, depending on the power. Reason I say this, the stock amp is only gonna deliver so much power, so without matching the power of the new amp, you are really not gaining much, from what I can tell. You will suffer with bass for sure.
I am assuming your trying to do this with some thought as to $$ being spent. I fully respect this, but i have learned the hard way to many times that doing something only part way is only putting off the rest of it. Usually costing more in the end. If I would just have a bit a of patients..... I know this is not what you want to hear, but i'm sure you have thought about this.
Here is what I would do. Get a price to do 2 4-channel amps, one for the front dash and front door, then one for the rear door and rear deck (this allows for adjustment between upper and lower speakers), add a set of seperates for the front - good mid and good tweeter - one channel to each set - then one for the rear door and rear deck (this will allow for adjustment as the front between the lower and upper speakers but also between the rear and front channels), add a set of speakers with the tweeters in the middle for each the doors and deck lid, then add a new sub, or power up the stock one with a Momo Amp. You can add the PAC Audio LOC to fix any range problems that exists.
This will not be cheap, but it would be Awesome!
I hope the best for you either way you go. I would go to a shop and just get an idea of what they think/suggest, it is thier business to know, so get that info then go from there.....
Good Luck!!!
Old 11-21-2012, 10:32 AM   #26 (permalink)

Thanks,

Yes...I have put some thought to this, and while I am not a pro...I am pretty skilled at car audio. My fear is more along the lines of any time delays with the stock amp and aftermarket amps.

I always like to get someones opinion that has DONE IT before I get my hands dirty. I agree with you about amping all the speakers...this is gonna take some more thought.

Thanks!
Old 11-21-2012, 02:58 PM   #27 (permalink)

rvaldez1,
I called and asked if there was any knowledge about any time delay in the stereo. Mine did not have any, but they were not sure about the higher end system you can get, maybe like the one you have. I do know that if there is a time delay that there is a piece of equipment you can buy that will remove this, but sit down, it is expensive!! $1000.00!! I seen it and was afraid I would need it, but again I had no time delay issues, so I just got the LCQ1 instead.
I will say this, the system ROCKS now!! I have awesome boom when needed and yet crisp and clean mids and highs. Funny, First week after having it, questions circle, was it worth it, did I do the right thing...... now after that first (poor) week and after a pay day, HECK YES it was worth it!!! LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement