Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Harmon Kardon question

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Chrysler kid 
#1 ·
Hello all, This is my first post so forgive me if this has been asked and answered. I have a 15 300c awd with the HK system. I have noticed that when I come to a stop at a stop light the volume slightly decreases. I have the speed volume control turned off. Is this due to the amp being "green" and energy efficient? The amp has all updates as of November 2016. Thanks in advance

#2 ·
Sorry I haven't noticed anything like that with ours. But maybe I haven't been listening closely enough.

#7 ·
Are you both certain the speed controlled volume is actually defeated? If you've checked and it's off (I hate that feature btw) Sounds like one of the updates you got may have reversed the logic and it's now on by default. It's not something that they would need to take the car apart as it's a software engaged feature. It would likely take an update to fix it.

#9 ·
unfortunately it looks like with logic 7 you get speed related volume adjusted automatically. That would drive me to rip the system out. I had an alpine unit in 1992 that had mic built-in which adjusted the output based on the ambient sound level. I tried all of the settings of the feature and went with off as the best adjustment. I have the feature off on the beats system currently.

Too bad H/K seems to have chosen the option for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.