Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

How to Install a Subwoofer using Stock Stereo?

17K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Cool_V_300C 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone, I've browsed this Forum for quite some time trying to figure the most reasonable (easy yet safest?) way to install a subwoofer to my Stock Stereo.

Its the 2010 stereo (18-40961 R)

After browsing for some time I believe I have only two options as follows:

Purchase the PAC C2A-CHY Chrysler Amplifier Add-On Factory Radio Interface 2005 & UP (C2ACHY) ** WILL THIS WORK ON THE 2010 STEREO? OR ONLY THE OLDER ONES???

OR

Splice the wires connecting them into my front speakers.

#2 ·
I certainly cannot recommend your option no 2. By splicing into the front speakers, you will reduce power to them, and your subwoofer will receive a full spectrum signal and then try to reproduce that instead of just the low frequencies. Plus a subwoofer takes a lot of power. Additionally, Mopar tweaks the signal equalization in order to get as much out of cheap speakers as they can, which then may not sound good with additional speakers added.

Recommend you do a thorough search of the forum and read all the different ways these systems have been upgraded...digital signal processors, amplifiers, replacement speakers, etc.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#3 ·
If your going to keep your factory head unit, and adding a sub. Youre going to need an amp for the sub. Or it will just sound shitty. You're going to need a (l.o.c) or line output converter.. so basically what this converter does, is it gets signal from your stock speakers and converts it into rca's inputs. and from those rca's you can connect it to your amplifier.

#4 ·
If your car came with the stock amp you can try the c2a-chy23. Otherwise you can use a LOC and tap into the speaker wires.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.