Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

2016 300c

3K views 19 replies 5 participants last post by  Bpdmoses 
#1 ·
Can you hook up an aftermarket sub to the factory amp? I have the Alpine system

#5 ·
Ok so I read that wrong bro.. I thought u said aftermarket amp n sub... in your case.. the best bet would to get the "upgraded" sub from alpine.. there should be an empty slot in your rear dash for a sub upgrade... there should also be a positive n negative wire connected with a clip hanging out the empty slot.. that should connect right in to the "stock " or "upgraded" sub from alpine.. alpine or kicker bro.. I can't remember..

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

#6 ·
But if you have your own sub, then you have to match the subs ohms etc, to the factory amp.. also it won't sound nearly as good then with an aftermarket amp.. if you want bigger bass, n willing to spend money.. I say get yourself an aftermarket sub AND amp.. just so everything will sum up

#10 ·
I am guessing here based on my 2013 but I think the base Alpine 276 watt 6 speaker system in the C does not have an output for a subwoofer. 6 channel amp only. 2 speakers in front deck, 2 in door, and 2 in rear deck. Thats it. No more upgrading. You would have to go the extra amp route and splice into the rear wiring to get signal.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#11 ·
Well I have a 2011 chrysler 300 limited.. I've install an aftermarket sub AND amp.. and I've seen wires hanging out from my port... as for desert flyer...ive read somewhere that the base model has 8 channel amp put only putting out 6 channels.. 2 dash speakers.. 2 front door n 2 back deck.. the extra 2 is for the sub.. the higher classes has extra set of channels empty as well for one upgrade .. etc..same for c.

#17 ·
I would recommend getting a LOC and doing it that way. Chrysler didn't make it easy to upgrade the systems in the cars, even with stock parts. If your car has the alpine amp, it's unlikely you'll be able to upgrade and add a sub by purchasing anything from Chrysler.

If you have your own sub, it's best to get an amp and LOC and add your sub that way.

And yes, if your car has an amp it is up front on the driver's side under the knee bolster panel.

Reactions: Bpdmoses
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.