Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Stereo and amp stay on but wont start.

4K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  MakaveliFaison 
#1 ·
Ok....I finally tapped into the rear speakers with the LOC, everything was fine but now when I turned off the car the stereo and amp stays on and the car wont start. I am not sure if its because I connect the amp directly to the battery without any fuse or anything and I am using a 4g wire....Let me know what I can try to get rid of this problem.....Thanks

#4 ·
The remote wire is connect to the pink and white wire. I checked to make sure that it was only turning on when the car starts. It was working fine until last week. Also I disconnect the sub and amp and it starts but now the check engine light is on and when I turn off the car it still runs for a few seconds before it shuts off. I am taking it to the dealer tomorrow and I will invest in a inline fuse for sure. Thanks for helping..

#5 ·
Take it to a stereo shop! not a dealer for 75 an hour!!! sounds like you hooked up your ground wrong, and that made everything stay on.. which in turn drained your battery, which in turn wont let you start your car, and when you drain your battery the engine light will come on, until you drive 15 miles to reset, and let your battery charge back up... i have an aftermarket sub stereo with 2 1000 watt amps...

Mine is hooked up excellent... I had the stereo shop wire the remote line to my amps and crossover... to a switch... so i can control when the amps come on and off... BUT... the switch.. is also getting power from the ignition... so if i forget to turn off the switch, when i turn off the key and open the door it loses power anyway... so basically i leave the switch on at all times... and when i start my car, my amps get power, and when i leave, they lose power... but if i see PO PO while im drivin and basin,,, i just flick that switch, and back to 100% factory. :) im also getting my signal off the rear factory sub..

#6 ·
what your problem is your remote wire...to have your amp turn off when your car turns off wire it to your cigarette lighter fuse in your trunk. the fuse can go in two ways..constant power or you can put it in on the side that says ign. which means ignition meanin only gets power when car is on. I have had my amps hooked up like this since feb 2005 with no problems. I'm driving right now so I can tell yu exactly which fuse number..sorry.

#8 ·
haha...that's me...I do it all the time...sorry lol.

#11 ·
actually....u don't wanna know lol...I think I win lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.