Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

UConnect Compatable Bluetooth Phones

74K views 60 replies 36 participants last post by  Prescott 
#1 ·
I thought I'd start a thread to list Bluetooth phone compatability for all versions of UConnect from 2005 REC to the current 2008 MyGig systems. This is meant to let others know of any issues they may be having and what phones they recommend.

Although somewhat outdated, you can find a list of "compatable" phones here - http://www.chrysler.com/crossbrand/u...interface.html. Just select the system you have in the drop down box.

Here's my Bluetooth phone experience:

Audiovox 6600 - This was my first Bluetooth phone, purchased in 2005 for my 2005 300C SRT8. It's a Windows Mobile based phone sold by Bell Mobility in Canada. The phone is filled with Microsoft application, most of which I never used. Although it paired without problem it had limited functionality. Battery and signal strength were greyed (inoperable) out as well. Audio was somewhat echoed. The biggest problem I had with this phone was it seemed to connect sporatically, meaning sometimes it did automatically and other times I had to manually do it. The biggest and most irritating problem with that phone was its touch screen. After either making a call or receiving one the phone remained on and any slight movement caused it to redial on its own and open numerous applications. This was a major pain!

UTStarcom 6700 - This phone replaced my 6600 and was Windows Mobile 5 as well. The exact same problems plagued me with this one too and I hated it just as much for its dialing and sporatic automatic connectivity. I believe it's most likely sold in the US as the Audiovox 6700. Again, this phone did not display battery or signal strength for my 2005 system and the audio was somewhat echoed.

As hard as I tried this phone simply would not pair with the MyGig UConnect system in my 2008 Jeep GC SRT8 so forget about this one if you have the MyGig! With RS's recent announcement that the MyGig system will be available from Mopar I think many of the current phones won't be compatable and you may find yourself in need of upgrading phones.

SIDE NOTE - I also have Tom Tom Rider navigation on my bike. This phone paired with it as well, but was not on their list for traffic updates.

Blackberry 8830 World Phone - This is my current phone, replacing the 6700. The 8830 paired with ease to all three of my systems! Not only that, but it now displays signal and battery strength in both my 2005 and 2008, as well as being totally compatable with my Tom Tom Rider. Audio is of excellent quality and I couldn't be happier.

One point on this phone is you'll need to go into your phone's Bluetooth Device Properties and ensure you have it set as "Trusted". This will ensure automatic connectivity when you're in your car. The options are "Yes", "No" and "Ask".

I highly recommend any of the more recent Blackberry phones, but stongly suggest you have your cellular dealer do a test pairing before purchasing. Thanks for that advice bruno!

Please feel free to list your compatable phones in this thread, in particular for the 2008 MyGig systems as it may help others to make a decision. Also more and more areas are requiring hands free as the only legal option.

Bernie

See less See more
#39 ·
I cant get my bb bold 9700 to pair. When it does find my u connect and i input the 0000 code it comes up as connection failed, this is very frustraiting because i just had the u connect installed and the dealer told me it would pair with my 9700 bold. Any sugestions would be great.

#40 ·
I haven't heard of many problems with Blackberry phone incompatability. Try resetting the UConnect by pressing both buttons.

I saw your other post where you said you just had UConnect installed by the dealer. Can they confirm it's working?

Bernie

#42 ·
#48 ·
"Hot Contacts"

My 2009 300C (Black Beauty) is fully paired to my Boost Mobile Blackberry 8530. Went through a bunch of phones to get here though. I don't want ALL my contacts available in my car so I made a "Hot Contact" list of those I do want loaded in the car. Using MS Outlook you can designate special contacts as "Hot Contacts" in “Categories” and after you sync your total contact list with your Blackberry Desktop Software you will notice your special contacts listed as "Hot Contacts". You then set your Blackberry to only upload "Hot Contacts" to UCONNECT. Each time you get in your car it will refresh your "Hot Contacts" in UCONNECT and ignore all other contacts.

#50 ·
I've had no issues hooking up a series of Blackberry devices. All have worked with no hitch.

#51 ·
I've had no problem with Blackberries either.

Bernie

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using AutoGuide App

#52 ·
iPhone 4 messaging

Hello folks. Just bought a 2011 Chrysler 300 (it's really sweet BTW) and paired my iPhone 4 (4.3.3) no problem to it. But I have a few questions for you guys.

I can make calls and receive calls, and all my contacts show up, but my question is:

The "messaging" button is greyed-out. Does the iPhone 4 support this with uConnect? Apparently not? Is there some hack to make it work? Not sure I want to fiddle with the car's software to do it, just curious really.

Thanks guys!

#56 ·
Hello folks. Just bought a 2011 Chrysler 300 (it's really sweet BTW) and paired my iPhone 4 (4.3.3) no problem to it. But I have a few questions for you guys.

I can make calls and receive calls, and all my contacts show up, but my question is:

The "messaging" button is greyed-out. Does the iPhone 4 support this with uConnect? Apparently not? Is there some hack to make it work? Not sure I want to fiddle with the car's software to do it, just curious really.

Thanks guys!
Put it in park and you may be able to type a message and send it.
Works on my HTC.

#53 ·
I know this isn't really related to the topic but I can't for the life of me find how to post new threads. I am wondering is it possible to upgrade my uconnect in a 2008 Chrysler 300. I tried on the Chrysler website and entered the last 8 of the vin but it said i wasn't eligible. I think that was meant for the newer ones. Can anyone help me with this problem?

#54 ·
Hey guys, I just got a new Chrysler 300C, and i have a htc evo shift, I paired it up to the uconnect and the phone calls and the phonebook part work fine but i dont understand why the messaging button is greyed out. You would think it would be compatible because its a pretty new phone... Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

#55 · (Edited)
My HP Pre3 Euro version paired and downloaded contacts with no problems. Every once in awhile when I enter the car, the phone won't automatically pair until I reboot the phone or process a connection manually through the uConnect. Sadly, messaging support is greyed out like some others have reported, but my blutooth options on the phone has a checkbox for messaging through blutooth. Wonder what needs to be done or is missing to get it added?

I emailed Chrysler Support, and they've got an interactive Phone Compatibility website now that shows phones and supported features.

http://www.chrysler.com/en/uconnect/

Browsing the list - it seems text messaging support is rare or non-existant. I couldn't find one that had support for it :(

#60 ·
Mike, if I may ask, do receive text messages through the system? Is the messaging button greyed out?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.