Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

2006 Chrysler 300 Base Model Speaker Sizes...???

53K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  dr.Tre23 
#1 ·
I Have A 2006 Chrysler 300 (base Model) And Cant Seem To Find The Exact Speaker Sizes For My Model Anywheres!!! I Have Three Speakers In The Front Dash: One (left) - One (center) - One (right)...what Im Trying To Do Is Find The Correct Sizes Of Each Speaker For Im Planning On Upgrading All Of My Audio Components, Please Help A.s.a.p.!!! Thanks In Advance To Whomever Provides Assistance

#2 ·
First double check things.

they made the cars only one way, so there may only be a grille in the center with no speaker.

You can take the grill up with the flat tool to double check it. Also,
make sure you even have dash speakers. I'm assuming you've listened
to them.

Here are the basic known setups:

1. Base 4 speaker system (6.5 in the door, 6x9 rear deck)
2. Sound group I (boston acoustic, 3.5 dash, 6x9 door, 6x9 rear deck)
3. Sound group II (boston acoustic, 3.5 dash/center, 6x9 door, 6x9 rear deck, 8 inch sub)
4. Kicker (3.5 dash/center, 6x9 door, 6x9 rear deck, 10 in sub in trunk)

Now for the really scary part....well, maybe not scary, but it makes it
difficult...

Starting in 06 there were some cars that had 6 speakers but no amp. Meaning, the above would not be correct for those cars. I think it covered
both 06 and 07.

Did you buy the car new or used? What option did the sticker list?

How to check for an an amp:
http://www.300cforums.com/forums/faq-archives/9359-how-access-factory-amplifier.html

How to get behind the door (DISCLAIMER the procedure is still under review, but it looks exactly how I did mine):

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/te...door-panel-install-new-speakers-08-300lx.html

#3 ·
I Have A 4 Speaker System According To The Specs Paper That Was In The Window When I Purchased My 2006 Chrysler 300 Base Model From The Dealership!!! I Pulled All Of The Front Dash Grilles Up Using A Flathead, There Arent Any Speakers Within The (l), (c), And (r) Grilles But There Are 3.25'' Cutouts Underneath Them, Im Trying To Remove The Door Panels On The Front And Passenger Door To Access The Two Speakers There To Find Out What They Are Exactly...! Which They Appear To Be 6x9's In Each Door!!! Ive Found That I Have 2 More 6x9's In The Rear Dash And Another Speaker Cutout That Im Not Quite Sure If Its A Cutout For An 8'' Sub Or What...? Does Anyone Know...?

#5 ·
You have the "normal" 4 speaker system, meaning 4 6x9 speakers.

There is a cutout for a sub in the rear deck. That plate that is there
is only a piece of flexible plastic (at least it was in mine). That is where
the 8in sub that is part of sound group II fits.

#4 ·
My Girlfriend has a base and they were all 6x9 two in front door and 2 in rear deck.

#6 ·
Is there even an amp for the "base" system? Seems you should have an easy time customizing the system to your own tastes since there isn't much to start with. Good luck with it.

#7 ·
The base setup is kind of a blessing if you want to replace everything as you don't have to buy any modules to interface with the canbus, unless you have steering wheel controls that you want. To retain.

What kind of budget are we looking at? What kind of performance are you looking for? I can make some recommendations but a lot of it comes down to you and what you want.

#10 ·
I know this is an old thread but I haven't been able to find anything related elsewhere. I have a 2005 Touring with the base 4 speaker system. I replaced the CD player with a REC Nav unit a few years ago. Apparently even that stock radio was too much for the crappy 6.5 inch speakers in the doors. My driver side started distorting and then quit altogether. I pulled the door panel and found the cheap plastic piece of crap pictured below. The magnet has literally been severed from the cone by putting a little bass into it from the REC. It's in a cheap custom looking plastic frame that is mounted to a housing, which is then mounted to what looks like a 6 x 9 opening in the door. At least the screw placements of the housing look to be the same as a standard 6 x 9.

I'd like to replace it with a real speaker but not sure I'll be able to find anything aftermarket that will fit that housing. If I remove the housing, I'm not sure there will be enough depth or window clearance left to install any normally available 6 x 9. Any suggestions from those who have been successful? I'm not trying to upgrade the system or add a sub or amp. Just want a usable speaker in the driver's door to replace the crappy stock one. Thanks all.

#11 ·
speaker info

Hey bro... I tried looking up all the info... Luckily my boy does sound systems... So in long story short.. I bought and use INFINITY speakers... 6x9 3-way speakers on the door and 6x9 infinity 2-way in the back... This speaker is 2ohms... The factory amp puts the 4ohms into the shitty factor speakers....so Ur good.
Look into the infinity REFERENCE series.... Sounds sick, I haven't even connected my sub and it sounds like I got 10" in the trunk.

#12 ·
Thanks for the response. While the Infinitys sound perfect, they were more $$ than I wanted to spend. I actually found a pair of Alpine SPS-610 two-way speakers at Best Buy for $99. They can be found for less elsewhere but I wanted to try them right away and be able to return them if they didn't work. They came with a 3-screw adapter plate that fits perfectly in the original factory housing. I went on Ebay and found a pair of "Chrysler plug to spade" adapters for about $5 so I didn't have to change any of the wiring.

These speakers are actually shallower than the original factory ones (so no problems with hitting the window brackets) yet they have a much bigger magnet and vastly better construction. I have no amps or subs and am only driving them with the factory REC Nav radio but they handle it with no problem and sound great. If you're looking for a decent reasonably priced replacement for the 6.5" round front door speakers, these should be an excellent choice. Oh, and I also bought a box of 25 plastic door panel retainer clips on Ebay for about $13. You'll always break at least one no matter how careful you are, so they're worth having around whenever you have to pull a door panel.

#13 ·
Replace door speakers and wire

I am new to the forum and hoping someone can help me. I have a 2007 300c with the Boston Audio system with 8inch sub. I bought the car recently and it had previously had door speakers replaced with aftermarket , but after buying it I realized they had been disconnected. The aftermarket speakers are still installed in the door, but Someone ran aftermarket speaker wire thru the doors to the radio but after pulling the radio I found the wires are clipped behind the radio . Does anyone know the proper color wires so I can splice them in, or would I need an adaptor or something else? I really want my door speakers to work but don't want to clip the wrong wires and make a mess. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated ! Thank you!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.