I pulled this from a Charger form... Does this sound like it will work or has anyone tried this?
Fix for an REC Nav Unit Bad-Flash [Archive] - Dodge Charger Forums
Fix for an REC Nav Unit Bad-Flash
It happened to me. I put an updated burnt Navigation disc into my REC NAV radio and the update crapped out part of the way through. :sick::knockout: All I got was a black screen and none of the buttons worked when the radio was turned on. :eek3:
Here is what I did to fix it.
1. Re-burnt the Navigation disc minus the +1GB files in the main directory to a single layer DVD.
2. Insert that disc into the REC NAV.
3. Turn the vehicle off.
4. Restart the car and turn the radio on.
5. Hit NAV and Enter (even though the screen is black)
6. Wait about 30 seconds.
7. The REC NAV should recognize the DVD and re-flash the REC NAV automatically. A progress bar should display.
I put the original Navigation DVD back in and force flashed the REC NAV. Here is how to do it.
1. Start the car.
2. Turn on the radio and put it on any AM station.
3. Turn off the car.
4. Restart the car and turn on the radio.
5. Hit the AM/FM twice.
6. Hit "Nav"
7. Hold down the 2 and 6 and hit the Cancel button (while holding the 2 and 6).
8. Go to Unit Check --> Debugging --> Force Download and press Yes
The REC NAV unit will reflash the unit with whatever version Nav disc that's in it. Don't play with any of those other settings. You might really screw up the REC NAV unit. If you do, you're on your own.