Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Only dashboard speakers are working

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  MADDOG 
#1 ·
Hi,

I picked up my first 300C yesterday - a 2009 3.5L. I'm not sure which system it has, except the manual says '7500-II Series' on the cover and it's written in nonsensical English.

I've found that only the speakers on the dashboard are working. When I move the balance to the rear of the car, there's no audio. I've read that Surround mode can cause this but I have Surround Off. I think it should be a 7 speaker system, and I can see the speaker grill on the front doors and they definitely aren't playing anything.

Is this a known issue or a setting somewhere? Or should I go back to the dealer?

Thanks for the help.

#2 ·
Definitely not normal, the 2009 model has a 4 speaker system, 6 speaker system, 6 speaker Boston Acoustic system and an 8 speaker Boston Acoustic system.

I would first verify that the speakers are in the vehicle. The previous owner may have had the original speakers taken out for aftermarkets and never replaced the originals.

If not have the dealer diagnose.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.